No announcement yet.

Youtube and JTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just wanted to "bump" this forum to see if anyone on here knows of any particularly good recent youtube videos on JTR.
    I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

Talking about videos of interest on Youtube, check this one out from our recent Jack the Ripper conference. Click on the link below and enjoy.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

ADRIAN.
      (Editor: Whitechapel Society Journal)
      Hello

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I had never seen this before. It may have been on late so I was in bed but whatever, it's a good programme with Stratford Johns and Frank Windsor as Barlow and Watt.
        For those who may not know, they were detectives in a show called "Softly Softly", which was a spin-off from Z-Cars.
        Here, they try to solve the "Ripper Murders". There were a couple of mistakes early on but all in all, a good effort from the BBC.

It's a dodgy copy but still, well worth watching.

Comment

I should add that at least one of the episodes appears to be missing. The first is, from memory, 50 odd minutes long. the 2nd and third, again from memory, seem to be missing. Nevertheless, it's a fine series of programmes and you really SHOULD watch them.
          They don't make tv like it anymore.

Comment

Maybe you've seen this. It's on Youtube, but its nicely done:

The Real Jack the Ripper

The interviewees on this are markedly important, btw:

Paul Begg, Don Rumbelow, a relative of Polly Nichols; Maureen Nichols, others.
            Last edited by Beowulf; 01-26-2014, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Beowulf. I saved it to watch later.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

G'Day Beowulf

I didn't know Don Rumbelow was a relative of Polly.
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I still think this one is the best by far

A song about the victims of Jack the Ripper , also known as the Whitechapel murderer, a seriel killer who killed at least five women in the East End of Londo...

cheers

moonbegger .

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                    G'Day Beowulf

I didn't know Don Rumbelow was a relative of Polly.
                    LOL!

Moonbegger, I'm not sure but you might have to be English to get THAT one

Comment

• I think someone has got there reply's in a muddle

Moonbegger

Comment

• The LOL was for G U T.

To Moonbegger, I checked out your link, actually it kind of grows on you. However, over here no one ever heard of Spitalfields, or not many

Comment

• LOL .. Now I get it .. My apologies Beowulf , Never really thought about that perspective .

cheers

moonbegger .

Comment

• The classic from 1988 with Sir Peter:

Comment

• Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
                              Maybe you've seen this. It's on Youtube, but its nicely done:

The Real Jack the Ripper

The interviewees on this are markedly important, btw:

Was this aired on television? This is an excellent documentary. Thanks for the link!

Comment

• I have never seen this before but perhaps it was over there? Thank you. It is well done

Comment

Working...
                                X