A little visual study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little visual study

one of Sickert`s sketches with a weird name, and eddowes` mortuary sketch caught my eye.
    I simply put them on together, please mind the difference for carried position of the body, and very primitive drawing skill of the man who drew it.
    Attached Files

In the same spirit of random photo-selection...

[ATTACH]1251[/ATTACH]

Dan Norder
    Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
    Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

Well Dan, the first image looks like Oscar Wilde, the second image could be a tree frog.
      Are you claiming that Oscar shagged South American tree frogs?
      Or do you just like to hop a frog yourself?
      If I know you, you probably believe that Kermit was a frog.
      He, or she, was a puppet, Dan.

Comment

Yeah, Oscar Wilde most definitely shagged South American tree frogs, which is why none of them were admitted into the Oxford Union.

Kermit was absolutely a frog, but one who just happens to be a muppet also. Guess that makes him multiracial.

And I'll have one of whatever you're drinking.

Dan Norder

Comment

The "one of Sickert`s sketches with a weird name" is a portrait of art critic Roger Fry. The empty eyes are actually his spectacles.

JM

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Norder View Post

[ATTACH]1251[/ATTACH]
            Which means . . .

. . .

was the RIPPER!!!11!!!1111!!ELEVENTY!!!

--J.D.

P.S. sahlandilbaz: the human brain is designed to find patterns. You can do this with a lot of things which are irrelevant.

Comment

I thought it was well established that Bert was the Ripper.

edit- and please don't bring up the homosexual serial-killer, that's for another thread.

JM
              Last edited by jmenges; 04-11-2008, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
                I thought it was well established that Bert was the Ripper.

edit- and please don't bring up the homosexual serial-killer, that's for another thread.

JM
                I guess perpetually having a hand up his butt is what made him snap. Makes a fistula seem down right pleasant.

c.d.

Comment

That's right, Dan, they all went to Cambridge instead, just like my grandfather.
                  If you want what I'm drinking then you'll have to find Tsing Tao Chinese beer, brewed in China then finished off with a fine round of Tibetan spit, followed by Mount Gay rum. I'm not gay but the Mount is.

Comment

Bert is, indeed, EVIL.

However, it comes from being a submissive:

Evidences

Not Safe for Work, Your Mum, the Cute Children, or even your Pet Weasel.

--J.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor X View Post
                      the human brain is designed to find patterns.
                      And a little Photoshopping to help it along, like with the abdominal mutilation copied from the Eddowes sketch and put on top of the Sickert drawing, does wonders.

Dan Norder

Comment

Yeah . . . well . . . I am trying to be merciful. I am willing to assume he simply saw what he felt was a similarity, then tried to see if they fit.

However, even with Photoshopping [Tm.--Ed.] the photos do not fit.

Yours truly,

--J. "This Guy Could Screw Up a Ham Sandwich!" D.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Norder View Post

[ATTACH]1251[/ATTACH]
                          Dan,

That was really funny, I laughed like hell.

You have a great sense of humor.

NOV9
                          In the Land of the Blind, the one-eyed man is King !

Comment

wherever I go , or whatever I do , always there are the stupid.
                            1- Sicker is my favorite , yes. I was searching through his works, for some clue.
                            If you done something like that , you will never get rid of it no matter how many years have gone by.
                            2-The sketch is known by everyone , the odd thing about it is the sudden detail and shadow loss on its white area, supposed to be an 19.th century shirt or coat of some kind, I`ve never seen buttons or a line so distorted on such a clothing.
                            3-Sickert`s design ideas was very different from time to time, sometimes they are not distorted or disfigured, sometime the opposite in every sense.
                            4- The mortuary drawing shows 3 rings cut veins or colons of some sort, if he was the ripper , he must have seen something like it after the mutilation on that area. and the similarity between shirts line and wound track is somewhat similar.
                            5- When I look at the Sickert`s sketch over and over again, the white area seems standing so much more forward, and independent from the rest of the all.

So that was only a curious eye , and it`s searching of Sickert`s work.
                            And my favorite muppet is the animal.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sahlandilbaz View Post
                              wherever I go , or whatever I do , always there are the stupid.
                              Have you ever considered education?

1- Sicker is my favorite , yes.
                              One hopes based on better evidence.

2-The sketch is known by everyone , the odd thing about it is the sudden detail and shadow loss on its white area, supposed to be an 19.th century shirt or coat of some kind, I`ve never seen buttons or a line so distorted on such a clothing.
                              It is a poor sketch. This is why Mucha rules. Nevertheless, it remains irrelevant to the Ripper case.

A lot of cherry-picking speculation.

If I start with the theory that DaVinci was the Ripper, I could create a better connection between the case and his Mona Lisa. You are working in the wrong direction: starting with a conclusion and then trying to find justification for it. Nevertheless, in your own depiction, the wound does not fit the sketch.

So . . . that is it.

So that was only a curious eye , and it`s searching of Sickert`s work.
                              And my favorite muppet is the animal.
                              "Animal."

He is a phenomenal drummer. I prefer his "drum duet" with Buddy Rich.

Yours truly,

--J.D.

Comment

Working...
                              X