Paul Begg's Point to Ponder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Supe View Post
    What I have found most interesting (albeit predictable) about the discussion to date is how some people have managed to insinuate into their posts the same old petty grievances and personal enmities that have disrupted many a thread and which we all profess to deplore. Way to go gang.
    Here here. This has (had?) the potential to become an interesting and helpful thread. Can you please take the personal issues and off-topic subject matter to a separate thread, so that folks can continue this discussion in the way originally intended.

Thank you

Comment

I have no real knowledge or understanding of what makes a sexual serial killer tick but reading the doctors reports and seeing some of the injuries I have a feeling that while Jack the Ripper may not have been interested in copulating with the women he murdered he was very interested in performing a kind of sublimated sexual act on their dead bodies.The frenzied knife work seems to have been a substitute for the sex act.Its hard not to see that.And (I agree with Dan here] it definitely appears to have sadistic intention.
      Natalie
      Last edited by Natalie Severn; 04-09-2008, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
        I have no real knowledge or understanding of what makes a sexual serial killer tick but reading the doctors reports and seeing some of the injuries I have a feeling that while Jack the Ripper may not have been interested in copulating with the women he murdered he was very interested in performing a kind of sublimated sexual act on their dead bodies.The frenzied knife work seems to have been a substitute for the sex act.Its hard not to see that.And (I agree with Dan here] it definitely appears to have sadistic intention.
        Natalie

Dan mentioned the term Necrosadist to me when discussing this area a while back, and I think thats about as good a categorization of this killer as Ive heard...he obviously didnt despise cutting women up,... quite the opposite. But after he killed them.

Cheers.

Comment

The trouble is, Nats, once we get into sublimation....well, in a sense everything is sublimated into everything.

Comment

Since my post was deleted, I will repost and ask that if y'all want to freely discuss this topic of sexual proclivities in JtR, to take it to another thread. And let this one return to its intended topic. Thanks!

Let all Oz be agreed;
            I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ally;11231]Since my post was deleted, I will repost and ask that if y'all want to freely discuss this topic of sexual proclivities in JtR, to take it to another thread. And let this one return to its intended topic. Thanks![/QUOTE

Fine Ally,
              I dont particularly want to but if its something others want to discuss then it certainly ok by me to move it to another thread.
              Natalie

Comment

Working...
              X