Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ed Glinert's east end book big revelation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good evening Krinoid,

Glinert, in his ripper section built on the book by Stephen Knight Jack the Ripper: The Final Solution.

Warren was a Freemason. And yes, so was Wren. And Nicholas Hawksmoor, whose imposing Christ Church Spitalfields, nearby the tragedy at Millers Court, lends an almost surreal backdrop to the murder on Lord Mayors Day. Hawksmoor also built St Mary's Woolnoth, traditionally the Lord Mayor's church. But that's history. The fact that Freemasons built churches and laid out squares, and one later served as police commissioner shows they were in important positions in history. Such as Winston Churchill.

You do know the late Mr. Knight's theory was gone over with a fine tooth comb and, found lacking. So to add onto Knight with the cubits and triangles is, well, I don't know the word I'm looking for. It has entertainment value, building on the eye catching connections, the Queen Anne churches and squares, the royal family. It's entertainment to me. A history lark. I sometimes wish I had the creative mind to dream up things like that. Look what Dan Brown has done with The Da Vinci Code.

Roy
    Sink the Bismark

Comment

I actually tried to contact Ed on Facebook but he has refused all contact, I guess he does not want to talk about his theories.

Comment

It's not actually true that no one like the Ripper would be interested in the murder sites and its history, apparently the Ratcliff murders (the first one) was done on the site of the original proposal of Hawksmoor placement of the St George in the east site!

Comment

Originally posted by Krinoid View Post
          I actually tried to contact Ed on Facebook but he has refused all contact, I guess he does not want to talk about his theories.
          Hi Krinoid. No one has ever, to my knowledge, tried to contact me via Facebook about the Ripper! As for not wanting to talk about my theories, most people would say I don't know when to shut up. More than happy to discuss them - and still waiting to be invited to host a Ripper meeting at the Archers!

Comment

I talked to Ed last week and he did not realize I tried to email him on FB back then as it went to his filtered mail. He stands by his theories he told me, so all the bashing I received that I missed the irony in his posts was again WRONG STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSE'S MOUTH! More insults and rudeness from the arrogant idiots on here that attacked me for being stupid.

Comment

Working...
            X