Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was it about this murder?

Hi all,

I'm very well aware that this post is full of conjecture, and relates to a lot of disagreement/argument about the events after Eddowes' murder, but if for just a second we suppose the apron, graffiti and Lusk letter were all indeed perpetrated by JTR, he seems to have been intent on 'coming out of the shadows' after this crime.

There's the only piece of material evidence in the apron suddenly, quite brazenly, discarded to find, an attempt at communicating with the police via the graffiti, and communication with Lusk via the letter and kidney. Before and after, it can all pretty much be summed up by the Sugden chapter title 'Without the slightest shadow of a trace', yet Eddowes' murder seems to have marked a point when he wanted to make contact.

It's pretty much waffle all this (!) I just wondered if this has been debated in the past, why JTR wanted to show his face, in a manner of speaking after Eddowes.

Even without attributing all three events to JTR, which I understand a lot of people do not, it still seems curious that there was such a change in activity after this one crime when compared to the others.

departure

Hello Elias. Welcome to the boards.

". . . it still seems curious that there was such a change in activity after this one crime when compared to the others."

I'd go a bit further--this crime MARKED a significant departure from the first two.

Make of that what you will.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
      Hello Elias. Welcome to the boards.

". . . it still seems curious that there was such a change in activity after this one crime when compared to the others."

I'd go a bit further--this crime MARKED a significant departure from the first two.

Make of that what you will.

Cheers.
      LC
      Hi,

Yes, there was an external event in the life of the killer at this specific point in time and a clear motive for the double event connected to this external event.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
        Hi,

Yes, there was an external event in the life of the killer at this specific point in time and a clear motive for the double event connected to this external event.

Regards, Pierre
        No there was not. I can't tell you more than that, not at this stage, but there was no external event.

You just have to take my word for it.

(And before you complain, Pierre, what I have just written is every bit as valid as what you have written, and just as well sourced.)

Comment

Working...
        X