No announcement yet.

World Reacts to Trump's "****hole Countries" Remark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow, watching the car-crasher with Trump right now. He is not answering a single question. They ask him about hate-crime in the US and he talks about China

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger View Post
      The Greens, so far as I'm aware, are the only party that openly advocates a lowered standard of living.
      They advocate having a planet to live on in a healthy way first and that's eroding fast. They advocate the least interference in both private and business life (least regulated, except for environmental issues) and have roughly the same social-democratic policies as most Labour politics. In the end, your spoiled vote ends up going for people who want you to live in a healthier environment and if they are needed in a coalition (and because of big divisions figure into plenty of them) are pushing for cleaner waters, seas and air. That means putting the breaks on some corporations who don't have these items in our interests.

Anyway, that's just what I heard a long time ago about spoiling your vote or not voting. Vote Green. You also are still democratic.
      Last edited by Batman; 11-07-2018, 11:14 AM.
      Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• The Greens are also the only party to propose sheep as traffic calming measures.
        My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

• Originally posted by DirectorDave View Post
          The Greens are also the only party to propose sheep as traffic calming measures.

Just gets people to slow down driving too fast through estates and gives others a place to sit.

They are reflective.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
            They advocate having a planet to live on in a healthy way first and that's eroding fast. They advocate the least interference in both private and business life (least regulated, except for environmental issues) and have roughly the same social-democratic policies as most Labour politics. In the end, your spoiled vote ends up going for people who want you to live in a healthier environment and if they are needed in a coalition (and because of big divisions figure into plenty of them) are pushing for cleaner waters, seas and air. That means putting the breaks on some corporations who don't have these items in our interests.

Anyway, that's just what I heard a long time ago about spoiling your vote or not voting. Vote Green. You also are still democratic.
            If the Greens were being proposed as a government for Asia, Africa, or South America, then I could support that.
            - Ginger

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger View Post
              If the Greens were being proposed as a government for Asia, Africa, or South America, then I could support that.
              Why?

BTW, I am not saying Greens are the best option. I am saying, in the context of someone who doesn't want to vote for anyone, or wants to spoil their vote, that voting Green has often been a good compromise and still being democratic by making your vote count. In fact, in some places, it's mandatory to vote or face a fine. Greens and independents pick up votes this way.

Comment

• in Germany, the Green Party are a well established force by now. They claimed their first seats in federal Parliament in 1982 and even became Junior coalition partner in the Schroeder Government under Chancellor Schroeder. They provided the Foreign Secretary Joschka Fischer for 4 years during that time. In Federal elections, they usually yo-yo around the 10-15 percent mark and my feeling is that they have a valuable role to play in keeping environmental and Health issues in focus.

They are even stronger in state elections. They are part of multiple state governments, just got nearly 20% of the vote in Bavaria and are even the strongest party in Baden-Württemberg, home to Daimler, Porsche, Bosch, SAP and others since 2011. They are not considered "Anti-Business" at all and with Baden-Württemberg being one of Europe's wealthiest regions, this would be a tough claim to make. Instead, the green party have managed to pull in voters from the conservative rural right, who are generally sold on the Greens motto of preserving the environment and driving the switch to renewable energy. This is why they are strongest in the southern regions of Germany and they defy the traditional left vs. right classifications. In fact, I think Prince Charles votes for the Green Party
                Last edited by Svensson; 11-08-2018, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Why?

BTW, I am not saying Greens are the best option. I am saying, in the context of someone who doesn't want to vote for anyone, or wants to spoil their vote, that voting Green has often been a good compromise and still being democratic by making your vote count. In fact, in some places, it's mandatory to vote or face a fine. Greens and independents pick up votes this way.
                  there is compulsory voting in Australia for example. However, there will be no need to spoil your vote or vote for someone you don't actually support as they provide the option "None of the above" on the ballot. I'm a fan of compulsory voting as it forces people to spend at least SOME time looking into the political options in their country. it would also put an end to the kind of voter suppression shenanigans we are seeing more and more from the GOP and their henchmen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svensson View Post
                    there is compulsory voting in Australia for example. However, there will be no need to spoil your vote or vote for someone you don't actually support as they provide the option "None of the above" on the ballot. I'm a fan of compulsory voting as it forces people to spend at least SOME time looking into the political options in their country. it would also put an end to the kind of voter suppression shenanigans we are seeing more and more from the GOP and their henchmen.
                    Actually no we don’t provide an option of none of the above.

Voting isn’t compulsory, showg up and getting your name raked of is, you are at liberty to drop a blank ballot paper in the box
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Ok, I received wrong info then on that part. Fine, but important distinction that showing up is compulsory but not the actual ticking of A box.

Comment

Why?

India's top court imposed a timeframe for burning firecrackers, but the order was openly flouted.

Modern farming practices are a major driver of pollution in India, writes the BBC's Soutik Biswas.

The Canadian singer-songwriter shares an image of his "ghost" cast over an Indian concert crowd.

Outpatient departments and clinics are clogged with coughing and wheezing men, women and children.

As Africa continues to urbanize at rapid rates—due largely to natural increase of urban populations and also (less significantly) to climate-induced rural-urban migration—many countries across the continent are striving to take advantage of the economic opportunities presented by urban growth. These possibilities include increasing agricultural productivity by connecting rural economic activities to urban markets; fostering […]

- Ginger

Comment

• It's none of the business of any government, anywhere, whether or not its citizens show up for a pig parade.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                            Actually no we don’t provide an option of none of the above.

Voting isn’t compulsory, showg up and getting your name raked of is, you are at liberty to drop a blank ballot paper in the box
                            Hi Gut
                            I find this almost as utterly bizarre as mandatory voting?!?

Do you know the reasoning behind it?
                            "Is all that we see or seem
                            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                              Hi Gut
                              I find this almost as utterly bizarre as mandatory voting?!?

Do you know the reasoning behind it?
                              Yeah simple, to know if they actually voted you have to know how they voted.
                              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• How is it possible for "them" to know how you voted? Is your name on the ballot paper?

Comment

Working...
                                X