Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    oh and one thing caught my attention I found pretty funny.

Hillary starts going off on Trump about how he never apologizes for anything, is never sorry for mistakes, dosnt take responsibility blah blah blah, and just moments before Trump was apologizing profusely like 10 times about his "locker room" talk!!! LOL.

I swear to god the woman cant stop the lies to save her life. its like shes got a special part of the brain no one else has that incorporates the lie function.
    The point is the "locker room" excuse was not an apology.

His recorded remarks on the Access Hollywood videotape show that he was taking pride in hitting on women and was gloating about it, which fits in with the character he displays all the time.

So despite his denial that he has taken advantage of women in such a way, what he said into that "hot mike" is consistent with much that we know about the man.

Best regards

Chris
    Last edited by ChrisGeorge; 10-13-2016, 01:58 PM.
    Christopher T. George
    Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
    just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
    For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
    RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

are you serious?
      Perhaps not totally serious, although the newspaper article didn't completely dismiss the idea!

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
        Perhaps not totally serious, although the newspaper article didn't completely dismiss the idea!
        well then no, I don't think hes a Russian spy.

Comment

well then no, I don't think hes a Russian spy.
          More a dupe of Putin - i.e., because Putin strokes Trump's ego, he expresses admiration for the Russian leader.
          Christopher T. George

Comment

• Latest scandal: woman reports Trump looked up models' skirts and commented on their underwear or lack of underwear at a dinner party where the women had to walk across the table to leave.

Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
            ---------------
            Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
            ---------------

Comment

• Matt Taibbi on the Fury and Failure of Donald Trump in Rolling Stone http://rol.st/2ee1X7w

Christopher T. George

Comment

• I usually find both major parties completely ridiculous during campaigning, but this election takes the cake. How are women seriously saying, "I'm going to vote for Hillary, because of Trumps comments. She supports women's rights."

.....What?

Probably the most absurd statement I've heard this entire time. Not that the rest of it's been even remotely intelligent at this point, but honestly, ladies, let's at least pay attention to the facts that are there. Let's not pretend that Hillary has in anyway shown that she's about women's right, because, let's be honest, she probably wouldn't be threatening the women her husband had taken advantage of if she were.

I don't support either of these jokers, and I'm not particularly fond of the other options either, not that they would get enough support for it to matter if I did. At this point, I think just going in to vote and writing in, "You have GOT to be joking." is the best option. Our system is broken. The end. You can't seriously look at this election and not have that slap you in face. I think the only thing really smart thing that I've heard come out of all of this came from a TV personality, Mike Rowe. Love that guy. Very well spoke, average Joe kind of guy.

I think he pretty much nails it, but what do we do? How do we fix it? Well, good ol' Ben Franklin had some ideas on that, "We need a revolution every 200 years, because all governments become stale and corrupt after 200 years."

We're long over due. Sorry, Ben.

In all seriousness, this whole thing is a mess, and I'm not sure if there's really any hope in fixing it at all. We're all doomed.

Regards,

Erynn

Comment

• I don't believe all governments become stale and corrupt after 200 years. Stale, yes. Corrupt? They were corrupt to start with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
                    I don't believe all governments become stale and corrupt after 200 years. Stale, yes. Corrupt? They were corrupt to start with.
                    Maybe. Maybe not.

The point is I was saying we should REVOLT. Oh, wait...No, I wasn't saying that. My schedule is far too packed to plan a revolution today.

This is where the problem with our voting system is: the person is smart; people are stupid. Democracy turns into mob mentality, and mobs aren't known for their good decision making. Except maybe that one time with that Frankenstein's monster guy...Maybe I missed something there though.

My point is really that I feel like maybe not everyone should have the right to vote. Which is really what Mike was saying. Just because you can vote that doesn't necessarily mean you should. Though, I'm not sure how you would even work that system, honestly, to get a good mix for proper representation.

How about this to sum it up, "You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant." Harlan Ellison

All the best,

Erynn
                    Last edited by Mrs. E. Nigma; 10-15-2016, 08:18 AM. Reason: I forgot to name my source for my nifty quote. Silly me.

Comment

• I hope the public have learned something from this debacle, running for president should not be open to just anyone.
                      The financial cost alone limits the number of potential candidates, which can be a positive or a negative, but I think there should also be another limit - experience in public office.

Future candidates must provide their tax information and, only people who have held a position in elected public office like Mayor or Governor, should be able to apply.
                      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                        I hope the public have learned something from this debacle, running for president should not be open to just anyone.
                        The financial cost alone limits the number of potential candidates, which can be a positive or a negative, but I think there should also be another limit - experience in public office.

Future candidates must provide their tax information and, only people who have held a position in elected public office like Mayor or Governor, should be able to apply.
                        Jon

while I fully understand the thinking, the idea of limiting those who can enter an election to those with experience is I fear just reinforcing the role of the closed shop in politics, and certainly cannot be seem as being democracy in action.

better in the American system would be that the two major parties actually put forward candidates who believed in that party's aims.

Mavericks like Trump should stand as such.

however being an outsider, I just hope that the US comes to its senses and elects someone who does not, verbally at least, abuse half of the population

Steve

Comment

• Mrs. E. Nigma: Hello. I'm not sure if Ben Franklin said that, but I know the late author Ray Bradbury was fond of saying that our Presidential elections were like having a revolution every four years. Here are some more of his views on politics: http://www.politico.com/story/2012/0...l-rants-077120

Wickerman: Aw, that spoils the idea of the American Dream-- that any boy (or girl, perhaps) can grow up to be President of the United States!
                          Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                          ---------------
                          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                          ---------------

Comment

• I think that all adult citizens, barring convicts and lunatics, should be allowed to vote or to stand. Whether people then vote, and who they vote for, is a matter for them.

Over here, I don't vote. Nor do I watch party political broadcasts or read election manifestoes. The reason? If I want to read fiction I'll find a good novel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                              Mrs. E. Nigma: Hello. I'm not sure if Ben Franklin said that, but I know the late author Ray Bradbury was fond of saying that our Presidential elections were like having a revolution every four years. Here are some more of his views on politics: http://www.politico.com/story/2012/0...l-rants-077120
                              Hello, there!

I can't be 100% sure if he did actually say it. I'd heard it before being attributed to him, but I 'Googled' it before I posted just to make sure I didn't stick my foot in my mouth, so I definitely checked my sources, and it's on the internet, so it has to be true. We'll go with 80%? Maybe 75...solid 70% chance that Benjamin Franklin probably said something close to that.

7th from the top if I counted right. I can't make any promises on that though. I may work in a bank, but NO ONE said counting correctly was a job requirement.

Bradbury is good. We share rather similar views. General dislike of government and political nonsense. I'd never seen that link though, so thanks!

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                              I hope the public have learned something from this debacle, running for president should not be open to just anyone.

I don't think elected public office is really any indication of qualification for running this country. Honestly, I live in Oklahoma, and would any of the rest of you stateside want Mary Fallin running this place? No? No one?

I do hold the belief that it should be a requirement that they've served in the military. If you want to be on top, you should have to start at the bottom. Any military branch. Just the fact that they made that sort of commitment shows something to me. Not that there aren't giant idiots in the military, and obviously there should be more qualifications that just that, but I just feel like it shows a willingness to serve your country. Also, may I add, HOOAH!

Clearly what's happening now is not conducive to a properly functioning country, but how do we fix it now? It'll take something drastic for sure, and what's more it'll take us all agreeing on something for longer than sixty seconds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                                Jon

while I fully understand the thinking, the idea of limiting those who can enter an election to those with experience is I fear just reinforcing the role of the closed shop in politics, and certainly cannot be seem as being democracy in action.
                                True, but can I walk into a lawyers office and say "I want to work here, where do I sit?"

There has to be some level of qualifications for any position.

....better in the American system would be that the two major parties actually put forward candidates who believed in that party's aims.
                                I thought that was beyond their control?
                                Trump decided to run for president without any support from the RNC at the outset.

Mavericks like Trump should stand as such.

however being an outsider, I just hope that the US comes to its senses and elects someone who does not, verbally at least, abuse half of the population

Steve
                                Short of a nuclear war in the next three weeks I think Trump is done....
                                Hillary is now the President in waiting.
                                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                                X