Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you wonīt kill in Whitechapel? - by John G 4 minutes ago.
Mary Jane Kelly: Was Mary Kelly a Ripper victim? - by Varqm 12 minutes ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you wonīt kill in Whitechapel? - by Abby Normal 18 minutes ago.
Mary Jane Kelly: Was Mary Kelly a Ripper victim? - by Elamarna 40 minutes ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you wonīt kill in Whitechapel? - by Jon Guy 1 hour and 21 minutes ago.
Non-Fiction: Jack and the Thames Torso Murders: A New Ripper? - by Elamarna 1 hour and 23 minutes ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you wonīt kill in Whitechapel? - (96 posts)
Non-Fiction: Jack and the Thames Torso Murders: A New Ripper? - (7 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: Was Mary Kelly a Ripper victim? - (7 posts)
General Police Discussion: City of London Precincts and Divisions involved in the Investigation - (3 posts)
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - (3 posts)
Motive, Method and Madness: Jack the Ripper learned don't eviscerate before you exsanguinate - (2 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Suspects > Lechmere/Cross, Charles

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1751  
Old 07-12-2017, 11:55 AM
John G John G is online now
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 4,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elamarna View Post
What can one say John. I told him last week he was sailing near to the wind.
However he just carries on.

I just let it go over me. I will not play that game.

Steve
Thanks Steve. I think it's largely frustration at seeing his Professor Lechmere-Moriarty theory collapse. In any event, that's no excuse for personal threats, regardless of whether he was enjoying a drink or ten at the time!

Last edited by John G : 07-12-2017 at 12:01 PM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #1752  
Old 07-12-2017, 12:31 PM
Herlock Sholmes Herlock Sholmes is offline
Superintendent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: The West Midlands
Posts: 2,650
Default

Hi John

We can't blame Fisherman for adding Moriarty-like super villain characteristics to old CL can we? After all what would we see if we treated him as a real person?

Oh yeah...a totally innocent witness who has been falsely accused of being a psychopathic serial killer based on non-existant evidence.

The main reason that I'm not posting much recently is because the arguements are largely on the medical evidence and I don't have anything to add as I have zero medical knowledge (like CL). From what I can understand though Steve is way ahead on points and Fish needs a final round KO to stay in the game!

Regards
Herlock
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #1753  
Old 07-12-2017, 12:43 PM
Patrick S Patrick S is offline
Inspector
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John G View Post
Thanks Steve. I think it's largely frustration at seeing his Professor Lechmere-Moriarty theory collapse. In any event, that's no excuse for personal threats, regardless of whether he was enjoying a drink or ten at the time!
I know your frustration, John. Simply become a happy warrior and realize that you're not working to change Christer's mind, but to give others information by presenting your argument and allowing them to decide for themselves. Trusting, for course, they'll make the obvious, more reasonable choice.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #1754  
Old 07-12-2017, 12:46 PM
Henry Flower Henry Flower is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hackney Wick
Posts: 1,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick S View Post
Its a phenomenon that exists today, although to a much smaller extent owing to the fact that we've many ways to amuse ourselves these days. People want to see a place where something happened, share it and talk about it with others, feel as if they've become a part of it.

As recently as the 1990s you had the residents of Bundy and Rockingham in Brentwood complaining to anyone who would listen that their streets had turned into tourist attractions. They still are today, actually, to a much smaller extent.
Quite so, and I am unashamedly one of those sad souls! There's not much to see on Bundy though, too much greenery - though just across San Vicente Blvd you can see the bungalow where Marilyn accidentally overdosed / committed suicide / was assassinated by the Kennedys / CIA / Mafia / Frank Sinatra's hairpiece. Oh what a honeymoon we had, driving by great American crime scenes. My poor wife...
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #1755  
Old 07-12-2017, 01:49 PM
Paddy Goose Paddy Goose is offline
Detective
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick S View Post
...give others information by presenting your argument and allowing them to decide for themselves.
But what if we decided years ago

Paddy
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #1756  
Old 07-13-2017, 12:28 AM
Jon Guy Jon Guy is offline
Superintendent
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Blighty
Posts: 2,885
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
Cheers Jon.

Do we know for sure that there was a crowd there at that time of the day?

Regards
Herlock
Hi Herlock

Yes, there were crowds gathered outside the mortuary gates, and there were people hanging around the murder scene. The scenes described by the reporters who were amongst the crowd.

I`ll try and find the news paper source today.

At most, Paul would have worked a 12hr shift, so would have walked home through Bucks Row about 5pm/6pm at latest.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #1757  
Old 07-13-2017, 12:32 AM
Fisherman Fisherman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 18,173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick S View Post
Fair enough. You are "not obliged to provide any facts at all!" But all those who wish to challenge you must present FACTS and hard EVIDENCE, lest they be shamed by the attempt!

Am I the only one who thinks this may not be Christer's finest hour? Again, going 'round with Christer accomplishes only so much. Others should weigh in at this point.
I will weigh in myself, if you donīt mind.

I agree that this is not my finest hour. My finest hour is instead tied to findings and discussions about the case.

Quibbles over the kind of matters that are quibbled over now do not offer the chance to produce your finest hour.

When was YOUR finest hour, Patrick? What is the best and most intriguing material you have brought to the table? I see a lot of criticism, based on an idea that Lechmere was probably a nice guy, and therefore LLewellyn must have been a fadt one and Mizen a dishonest one.

Does that amount to your finest hour? Or is it still to come?
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #1758  
Old 07-13-2017, 12:35 AM
Fisherman Fisherman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 18,173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elamarna View Post

At the end of the day nothing but a storm in a teacup.

Steve
That is the aptest description I have found so far when it comes to describing your post about how I have put a figure to doctorīs propensities to get things wrong.

A storm in a teacup. Much ado about nothing. A desperate attempt to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Best forgotten.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #1759  
Old 07-13-2017, 12:42 AM
Fisherman Fisherman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 18,173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elamarna View Post
In which case Fish, is it not questionable to post the likes of this:

"Exactly - he retains the exact position he always have had as the best suspect overall and the only truly factually based suspect. Nothing less, nothing more."

The Lechmere/Cross "name issue" post # 271.



Steve
A/ It should be plentyfully obvious that this is my impression.

B/ Even if it was not, I would say that it is correct anyway. There is more factual evidence connected to Lechmere than to any other suspect. It is circumstantial, but people can be hanged on circumstantial evidence.
If you wish to challenge this, you need to produce a barrister and queens councellor who can point to another suspect who also has a prima faciae case that according to the barrister and queens councellor is good enough to take to court.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #1760  
Old 07-13-2017, 12:47 AM
Fisherman Fisherman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 18,173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John G View Post
Predictive text error. Your obviously mixing me up with yourself, as your the one prone to language errors!

I haven't denigrated Dr Llewellyn. It's not his fault that he was practising at a time when forensic science didn't even exist as she discipline. Were you not even aware of that.

A prize for minor surgery? Are you also unaware that even nurses carry out minor surgery these days.

I don't claim to be a medical expert, but Paul is and I believe he had given an opinion that the abdominal injuries would not be sufficient to kill. If he'd opined otherwise I'd have fully accepted that opinion. In fact, the irony is that even you've acknowledged that you have no idea how the abdominal injuries could have killed. But then you don't do irony, do you?

"Weird suggestions". Oh dear, it's back to the pantomime nonsense, I see.

I just want to make a comment about Post 1694. You made an implied threat to Steve, which is frankly a disgrace. You should be ashamed of yourself for resorting to such outrageous tactics. Had you been drinking, by any chance? Either way you should apologize. However, I bet you don't, and what does that say about you?
You may need to read Pauls answer again as you got that wrong.

And you may need to read what made me very displeased with Steve before you comment on it. When he apologizes for having misrepresented what I said, I will apologize to him for becoming pissed by it. I really need to learn to let people piss all over me without getting frustrated about it.

What do YOUR posts say about YOU, John? Clever? Knowledgeable? Level-headed? Uninflammatory? Given to repeatedly imply that fellow posters are in the habit of drinking when you disagree with what they say? A keen disciple of the Marriott/Biggs team?

You tell me.

Last edited by Fisherman : 07-13-2017 at 12:58 AM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.