No announcement yet.

Rippercast- The Jack the Ripper Podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I listened to Philip's guest appearance today. Good episode. It was a treat hearing some of Phillip's actual tour spiel. I wish I could take one of the "masses" tours sometime.

Anyone not listening to these, what's your deal?

P.S. Every time I hear crackly interference, I imagine Howard unwrapping a sandwich. It adds to the ambience.

Comment

I can assure you all that heavy breathing was NOT me.

PHILIP
      Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

No one is judging you. . . .

--J.D.

Comment

Wonderful job, Philip. I enjoyed the program very much.

Comment

P.S. Every time I hear crackly interference, I imagine Howard unwrapping a sandwich. It adds to the ambience...-Kel

No,Kel...thats the sound of Nina attempting to break free from the adhesive tape. The "crash" you heard was the chair and her falling over onto one side.

Phil:

Funny, but I don't remember breathing heavily on a prior program.

That is..ahem...until you showed up.

I wonder if Robert and Mike got paid their $500 for the episode. I sure didn't.
            Last edited by Howard Brown; 04-01-2008, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
              [I]
              I wonder if Robert and Mike got paid their $500 for the episode. I sure didn't.
              I believe Jonathan calls it "danger pay" for Mike and I. It is only given to us for psychological counseling. Look at the meds I'm on.

I'm not a well man, How. The show is not a vidcast because the trauma is to horrible to imagine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fukitol.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	653275

Comment

Danger money is true, the crackling was probably from my Sky box exploding, it was like the "Independance Day" movie right behind my back with my wife struggling to make the think work amid the explosions!!

Luckily its all fixed, the $500 dollers went someway to pay for a replacement box!!
                Regards Mike

Comment

Yeah...right.

You guys show up talking about, "Oh, I wish you could see the new laptop I bought with last weeks paycheck,Brownie......" "My wife will never thank you enough Jon, for the trip to the Cameroon you paid for"..."Gee thanks Jon for the trust fund you set up for little Ignatz and Zsa Zsa to go to Sasketchewan State...". Cry me a river,you schlubs !

Either one of you have 10 bucks to lend me?

Comment

No but i have an old sky box, only one previous owner, and I think Jonathon has plenty of used headsets!!
                    Regards Mike

Comment

Silliness.

You should all be fired.

JM

Comment

Long time lurker here guys - but I have listened to all the podcasts so far and they are getting better and better. How about extending some to 90 mins? ie, those involving each of the C5 victims.

Will you also be covering suspects as well later on?

Thanks,
                        Nick

Comment

I listened to the episode (with Kelly, of course) and also enjoyed it. It's always interesting to hear the routes people have taken to end up in with an interest in the Ripper case.

What's with the new music at the start of the episode, by the way? I had trouble getting the podcast to load on the first try, and then when it did I thought I had accidentally gotten the wrong show entirely.

Dan Norder
                          Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
                          Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the feedback. The "new" music was just a one-off for the Philip show. One of his (and my) favorite bands are the Icelandic group Sigur Ros. So I put one of their numbers on the episode as the theme. Morrissey will be back as the show theme next week, although I kind of liked the Sigur Ros music, it seemed to fit somehow.

Nick,

Thanks for listening!

Yes, we plan on doing a show eventually on all the C5. We'll be doing a weekly show until the case is solved, at which point there will be a 90 minute extravaganza.

I believe, but don't hold a gun to my head on this, that the next 'victim' show will be Eddowes. And it may occur in the next month.

Most of our shows run slightly over one hour and there's several reasons for keeping it this length. Firstly, it's just part of the human condition that most people do not want to listen to anything that lasts any more than an hour. We want to get the most listeners comfortable to download and hear an entire episode. Secondly, the size of the mp3 file would increase by half, which may cause slower page loading times. The smaller file size the better, not only for the website itself, but for the people who download it to their hard-drives. And last but not least, the time difference between here and the UK means that any longer of a show and we'd be keeping Mr. Covell up past his bed-time, away from his famiy etc. so we try to limit it.

Any point on a subject that we miss, we encourage listeners to email us their comments. And just because we have done a show on a certain topic in the past does not mean that we cannot revisit it in a future episode.

I'll leave it at that for now, thanks again for your comment and welcome to the Casebook boards, you lurker!

JM

Comment

The case is so huge and diverse that we could do an hour long show every week forever!!
                              The C5 shows will be intresting and I am aware loads of lovely people will be making appearances on the show, which is a treat for both listeners and the participants.
                              There also a couple of other ideas in the pipeline but these will be revealed in good time.
                              If, of course you have any ideas, contact Jonathon or post them on here and they will be addressed!!

Welcome to the boards
                              Regards Mike

Comment

Phil's interview was my introduction to Rippercast and as somebody who knows the man, has done the tour and read the book (I don't have the T-shirt yet), I found it entertaining and facinating.

I'm now working my way through the others.

Top stuff and well done to all - technical things scare me!

JB
                                Last edited by John Bennett; 04-01-2008, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X