Suggestions for upcoming Rippercast episodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snoo
    It's because of, not in spite of, the incredibly voluminous discussions on the minutia of the Ripper case that I've read over the decades that makes me welcome the focused discussion of topics such as the Lusk Letter on Rippercast.
    I see where you're coming from here. A discussion on whether or not it was legitimate would be pointless, but certainly a discussion of who did write it would be of much interest. I'd certainly enjoy discussing my theory that the Whitechapel Vigilance Committee itself (namely Joseph Aarons) concocted the hoax.

Suggestions for upcoming broadcasts

Although I don't listen to the podcasts myself, I intend to catch up on many of them once I have a new laptop and internet service, so some peeps I'd love to hear from are:

Scott Nelson
    RJ Palmer
    Chris Phillips
    Rob House
    AP Wolf
    Chris Scott
    Debra Arif
    Don Souden

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hi Tom,

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
      I'd certainly enjoy discussing my theory that the Whitechapel Vigilance Committee itself (namely Joseph Aarons) concocted the hoax.
      Spot on.

Regards,

Simon
      Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Believe me, a Podcast with Mark Ripper would be well worth listening to.

Half those you name Tom have appeared.

Monty
        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Monty
          Half those you name Tom have appeared.
          I'm not surprised and I'm looking forward to hearing them. There's still the matter of the other half. There's many people I didn't name, such as yourself, who I was aware had appeared.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

I think the public has heard enough of me Tom.

You would make a good guest though.

Monty
            Monty

Comment

Thanks, Monty. I wouldn't mind getting on there and talking some sh*t.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                Believe me, a Podcast with Mark Ripper would be well worth listening to.
                Monty,

Thanks for the endorsement, but I don't really know anything. The internet is full of useful stuff which I'm actively plundering, but this doesn't make my bottom-line ignorance podcastable.

Speaking personally, I think I'd like to hear Jonathan in the guest's chair, rather than the host's. Different set of rules, and what the guy doesn't know isn't worth knowing.

Regards,

Mark

Comment

From what Ive heard of some Mark, good knowledge isnt always a requirement.

Besides, you have a lyrical voice. You can talk about The Girls Aloud and make it sound like you know your Cheryl from your Nadine.

Monty
                  Monty

Comment

Bumping - Jacob Levy.

Credibility as a suspect - is there any evidence that can dismiss him outright?

Comment

Haven't had an episode for a while. is there going to be any in the near future?
                      I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

Hi all,
                        I would like to hear a discussion about the Special Branch Ledgers as this seems to be the hot topic of the moment on the boards.

Comment

I would love to hear one about the social impact of the crimes. I know Paul Begg does an excellent job on this but the chance for people to discuss things such as the ideas about alcoholism, prostitution, the rich poor divide would be good.

Also one on the Star's campaign again Charles Warren and its use of the Ripper Murders to target him futther would be good. I was meant to do my dissertation on this but couldn't get down from Manchester to the archives.
                          In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

My 4-year old son has been diagnosed with an illness. Rippercast (under my helm) will be recording sporadically.

JM

Comment

Hello JM,

My kindest thoughts go to your son for a speedy recovery, and to you and your family during this difficult time.

sincerely

Phil
                              Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                              Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                                Hello JM,

My kindest thoughts go to your son for a speedy recovery, and to you and your family during this difficult time.

sincerely

Phil
                                Couldn't put it any better myself. Get well soon Menges Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X