What was the IQ of Jack?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
    Natalie wrote: Sorry, Limehouse. I know what a "healthy" diet is supposed to consist of. What I wanted to know was how the experts determined that it was the poor diet causing the poor performances and not the other way round, ie the poor performers tending to have poorer diets (perhaps because they lacked the earning capacity to afford sufficient nutritious food, or they may not have known or cared enough about eating sensibly).

Hi Natalie,

There has been quite a lot of research done in this field recently. When a child in school is performing poorly and behaving badly enough to be examined by an educational psychologist, an IQ test often reveals a higher than average IQ that is not being nurtured either intellectually or nutritionally. A change in diet from sugar-rich foods to protein-rich foods seemed to imrpove concentration and performance. Of course, their are other factors that must be taken into account such as whether improved performance is related to the child being given more attention or more challenging work to do. I think there is convincing evidence to suggest that not everyone performs to the level of their measured IQ due to a variety of factors, including poor diet.

For more information, this website id very helpful:

http://www.aboutintelligence.co.uk/d...elligence.html

Sorry, I'm going completely bonkers, this post should have been addressed to caz, not Natalie. Sorry to both of you. Phew, I need a holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by j.r-ahde View Post
      Hello Limehouse!

I wonder, what kind of a diet Frank Lee Morris (a high IQer from Alcatraz ) had in his school-days...

All the best
      Jukka

Hi Jukka,

No idea. Possibly a lot of fish?

Comment

Hello Limehouse!

Possibly that Japanese fish, that kills the customers, if the chef has failed?!

All the best
        Jukka
        "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Jack was probably quite cunning and clued up, otherwise he probably would have been caught at the first murder. He certainly knew how to give the police and all those after him the run-around.

Comment

Working...
          X