Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Torso Killings: JtR failed amputation. Torso killer was successful. - by Batman 2 hours ago.
Mary Jane Kelly: Did Mary Kelly meet the Bethnal Green Botherer? - by Wickerman 2 hours ago.
Torso Killings: JtR failed amputation. Torso killer was successful. - by Trevor Marriott 2 hours ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Sam Flynn 3 hours ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Varqm 3 hours ago.
Mary Jane Kelly: Did Mary Kelly meet the Bethnal Green Botherer? - by Abby Normal 3 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - (91 posts)
Torso Killings: JtR failed amputation. Torso killer was successful. - (31 posts)
Scene of the Crimes: distances between kills.odd - (19 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: Did Mary Kelly meet the Bethnal Green Botherer? - (10 posts)
Hutchinson, George: Why Didn't the Police Have Schwartz and/or Lawende Take a Look at Hutchinson? - (9 posts)
Shades of Whitechapel: The Christie Case - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Letters and Communications

Old 05-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Detective

What Paul means, Trevor, is that there's no guarantee of publication until we have sight of an article.

I think what you meant to say is that you were 'hoping to publish' in the June edition rather than 'was going to'.

We'll be very happy to receive your research as outlined in emails to Rip and discuss publication with you from that point.

Best wishes
Adam
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:34 PM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
For your information there was no brow beating the questions I asked were reasonable questions to be asked given the facts and circumstances decsribed by those who are in possession of whatever it is.
Trevor,

We have answered your questions because we are being open about this, and the time delay has to be explained. Its probably one of the biggest questions the community would like answering. We undertand that and we are being as open as possible.

However, to get the desired result (and that is everything out in the open), some question will not be answered. No matter how often you ask.

We are not obliged to answer everything at this stage, nor are you to any questions we have of your 'finds'. No matter how reasonable you deem them.

Most of the posters here have the good sense to understand that the situation is now delicate. Any further release of information could scupper the whole thing.

So I ask you, for the sake of the community as a whole, to consider your actions before undertaking anything which may place this whole situation beyond the realms of recovery.

Regards
Monty

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Last edited by Monty : 05-13-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:16 PM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
Trevor,

We have answered your questions because we are being open about this, and the time delay has to be explained. Its probably one of the biggest questions the community would like answering. We undertand that and we are being as open as possible.

However, to get the desired result (and that is everything out in the open), some question will not be answered. No matter how often you ask.

We are not obliged to answer everything at this stage, nor are you to any questions we have of your 'finds'. No matter how reasonable you deem them.

Most of the posters here have the good sense to understand that the situation is now delicate. Any further release of information could scupper the whole thing.

So I ask you, for the sake of the community as a whole, to consider your actions before undertaking anything which may place this whole situation beyond the realms of recovery.

Regards
Monty
I dont know why some are making a big issue about such simple questions which were asked.

I asked them replies, were given end of story.

All this rubbish about what i am going to undertake

If I didnt ask the questions to the satisfaction of some tough !
Old 05-13-2012, 09:22 PM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
I think that's news to Ripperologist. In the sense that it hasn't been submitted for consideration yet.
No it hasnt been submitted for consideration I had a converastion with Eduardo about the article he is aware of the content of the article.

There was never a mention made of submitting it for "consideration"
Old 05-13-2012, 09:23 PM
Commisioner

I can imagine that you didn't Trevor.

Just clarifying the position.

Monty

PS watching you on the TV as I type. For those who are interested, Trevor is on the National Geographic channel....whispering for some reason.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:52 PM
Chief Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
No it hasnt been submitted for consideration I had a converastion with Eduardo about the article he is aware of the content of the article.

There was never a mention made of submitting it for "consideration"
Trevor,
It is probably fair to say that generally speaking no magazine guarantees to publish articles sight unseen, so it is a bit of a presumption to assume that it will be published. However, in this case perhaps it isn't a presumption at all because it says a great deal for the content of your article if Eduardo and Adam, both truly top-notch editors, plan publication after no more than receiving a rough outline with you. That they believe you have something worth publishing means that it not only has a place in the pages of Ripperologist, but, dammit, that we all champ at the bit until September to read it. Suddenly September seems a long way off!

I will just add, though, that it appears that the decision to hold back on the material was made by the City of London Police, not by Rob and Neil, who by the sound of it are as anxious to publish their discovery as we are to find out what it is. Pushing them to reveal more than they are able to therefore seems wrong.

But let's get that article published, Trevor. Let's get that injection of fresh material into the subject. It needs it.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:11 PM
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
Hi Carol,

Many thanks for the clarification.

Whilst I understood what you meant, I'm afraid there are some who will read your post and jump to the wrong conclusion.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Monty
Hi Monty,

Thank you yourself for pointing out my mistake thingy. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to upset Hutch and Alf.

My husband says I speak 'Svengelska' (a mixture of Swedish and English) and that after all these years (37 years next month) he can normally get the gist of things! Actually, between you and me, my father used to have the same problem not only with myself but with my mother. Bless him. And Mum could only speak English! At least I have an excuse - says me whilst clinging to a straw. The strange thing was that Mum and I ALWAYS knew what the other meant! Could it be the Irish in us? After all, Grandma kissed the Blarney stone before she left Ireland.

I'm going on again, aren't I?

Seriously, though - thanks again for pointing it out!

I am crossing my fingers and holding my thumbs (double Svengelska good luck - no worries then).

Carol
Old 05-14-2012, 04:24 PM
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Carol, you simply meant that he was an informant, not an informer.
Hi Robert,

Yes, I did. Thanks!

Perhaps if you and Monty don't mind you can continue to 'look after' me and keep a check on my Svengelska. I know it's almost a full-time job in itself but I would really appreciate it. (I'm not joking!).

Carol (for you) and (for Monty).
Old 05-14-2012, 04:36 PM
Commisioner

Carol

I apologise.

You have done nothing wrong. I'm just aware that certain people read what they wish to read into certain words and phrases.

I'm experienced enough with the word twisters to realise they will take you innocent use of the word 'informer' and twist it into what it is not.

That's not your fault, so please don't take it as that.

My post was more for their benefit, a clarification.

Monty

Old 05-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Casebook Supporter

Hi Carol

No worries, your English is good.

Now let me polish up my Swedish with the Swedish dictionary :

'A' is for ABBA