HLN's Unmasking a killer-The Golden State killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HLN's Unmasking a killer-The Golden State killer

This the best documentary series I have ever seen on a true crime topic.

No bullshit fake news, no emphasis on the "researchers" hunt for the killer (ie-the recent ones on zodiac and HH Holmes , where its like 90 percent showing these idiots running around acting cool), no reality TV nonsense.

Just jam packed with facts, evidence, interviews with witnesses, victims, and police, and great analysis by real experts.

very impressive. Great Job HLN!!

"Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    This the best documentary series I have ever seen on a true crime topic.

No bullshit fake news, no emphasis on the "researchers" hunt for the killer (ie-the recent ones on zodiac and HH Holmes , where its like 90 percent showing these idiots running around acting cool), no reality TV nonsense.

Just jam packed with facts, evidence, interviews with witnesses, victims, and police, and great analysis by real experts.

very impressive. Great Job HLN!!

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/20...ring-march-18/
    Thanks for the heads up Abby. Id like to set aside time to watch this one. Ive just found that the first season is available to watch on YouTube.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
      Thanks for the heads up Abby. Id like to set aside time to watch this one. Ive just found that the first season is available to watch on YouTube.
      You won’t be disappointed HS. It’s extremely well done.

FYI there’s been a lot about the Golden state killer lately. This guy is probably the worst serial offender in history-over a ten year period, 100 burglaries, 50 rapes, at least 12 murders.

The rapes and murders were all hot prowl and many had the men of the women as victims too.

He was more lucky and elusive than the ripper. Several times chased by police and got away, good ID descriptions/sketches, and they have his DNA and still never caught.

This bastard was literally a phantom in the night. And was stalking all over California. Sacramento, San Francisco, Southern California, Visalia/inland and was so prolific he had three nicknames for the three phases of his crimes.
      Hot prowl burglaries- Visalia ransacker, rapes-east area rapist, murders-original night stalker.

Golden state killer was a very evil man.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

You won’t be disappointed HS. It’s extremely well done.

FYI there’s been a lot about the Golden state killer lately. This guy is probably the worst serial offender in history-over a ten year period, 100 burglaries, 50 rapes, at least 12 murders.

The rapes and murders were all hot prowl and many had the men of the women as victims too.

He was more lucky and elusive than the ripper. Several times chased by police and got away, good ID descriptions/sketches, and they have his DNA and still never caught.

This bastard was literally a phantom in the night. And was stalking all over California. Sacramento, San Francisco, Southern California, Visalia/inland and was so prolific he had three nicknames for the three phases of his crimes.
        Hot prowl burglaries- Visalia ransacker, rapes-east area rapist, murders-original night stalker.

Golden state killer was a very evil man.
        I just sat down with a cup of coffee, put my feet up and thought id watch the first episode on YouTube. Theyve been removed
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I just sat down with a cup of coffee, put my feet up and thought id watch the first episode on YouTube. Theyve been removed
          bummer
          try this. all the episodes here-first episode at bottom of list, last (5th) at top. start from episode 1 since they run in order.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

bummer
            try this. all the episodes here-first episode at bottom of list, last (5th) at top. start from episode 1 since they run in order.

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/unmas...sodes/1183501/
            That link takes you to Amazon, where you can buy by episode or series. At least it seems to be authorized.

If you're not an Amazon Prime member, you might want to search on YouTube where you can try to see if anyone else has put them up for free viewing, Herlock. Often they come down, but someone else puts them up.

Or-- see if the HLN website has them up for viewing there.
            Last edited by Pcdunn; 04-18-2018, 04:37 PM. Reason: More info
            Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
            ---------------
            Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
            ---------------

Comment

Abby, thanks for the link but i cant access them. I dont have those facilities

Pat, thanks for the post. Ill keep trying on YouTube. Maybe they will appear on UK TV in the near future with a bit of luck
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I’ve just seen YouTube in action. There were 2 episodes available, 4 and 5. I spent two minutes looking for episode 1 and by the time I returned to episodes 4 and 5 they had been removed!
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I’ve just seen YouTube in action. There were 2 episodes available, 4 and 5. I spent two minutes looking for episode 1 and by the time I returned to episodes 4 and 5 they had been removed!
                  hi HS
                  well that's a sticky wicket!! do you get HLN network? I beleive a division of CNN. They've been replaying them here in the states a lot.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

apparently the word is that a tip from someone who watched this series led police to him. then got discarded DNA that matched.

I told you this show was good!!!

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

hi HS
                      well that's a sticky wicket!! do you get HLN network? I beleive a division of CNN. They've been replaying them here in the states a lot.
                      Hi Abby,

No i dont get those stations. All catch up somehow. Great news that they appear to have got him at last
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Links to each episode of the documentary here:

https://seriestop.co/show/unmasking-a-killer

Comment

apparently the word is that a tip from someone who watched this series led police to him. then got discarded DNA that matched.

I told you this show was good!!!
                          Im wary of everything LE are telling us right now as to how he came to LE's attention. I can't help but think a whole lot of legal controversies are headed the way of DeAngelo, LE and various ancestry websites.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_c View Post
                            Im wary of everything LE are telling us right now as to how he came to LE's attention. I can't help but think a whole lot of legal controversies are headed the way of DeAngelo, LE and various ancestry websites.
                            hi Jason
                            I was wrong. its been confirmed it came from a public DNA website.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

hi Jason
                              I was wrong. its been confirmed it came from a public DNA website.
                              Yeah, a lot of rumors are and were going around. Initially it was rumored to have been a hit on an Australian DNA database.

Comment

Working...
                              X