Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
    A good and disturbing new film about a true case An American Crime
    Here is the IMDB entry for it Stan, I have never seen it, but it looks good.
    Regards Mike

Comment

• Thanks Mike. Yes, Catherine Keener is excellent playing against type and Ellen Page is a double for poor Sylvia Likens, the girl she tortured to death. May she be in Heaven now.
      Last edited by sdreid; 08-31-2008, 04:03 PM.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
        The Christian Slater movie with Morgan Freeman as the bad guy?

I loved that film, not seen it for a while but it was a well made film, considering the troubles they had during filming! All of the town was built on a soundstage so they could flood it!
        That's the one!

One of my favourite ever films. I've been watching it since I was a kid. Never grow tired of it.
        "Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" - Admiral David Farragut.

Comment

• In Bruges

An English movie. Saw it last year at the theater here in the US. Has some good plot twists.

Roy
          Sink the Bismark

Comment

• Hi Roy,

Before you get lynched, In Bruges was an Irish movie and a damn fine one at that. Look out for Six Shooter, Martin McDonagh's other movie.

Regards,

Simon
            Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Watched "Don't Back Down" last night, which is a martial arts movie for the MTV generation!

It starts out with a boy leaving with his mother to live in a distant town, like Karate Kid. At the new town he befriends the local hottie, like Karate Kid. The local hottie is involved with the local bully, like Karate Kid. Local Bully kicks new boys ass, like Karate Kid. New boy seeks help from an old guy, like Karate Kid. Fight tournement ensues, like Karate Kid. Underdog wins, like Karate Kid, and all loose ends are tied up, like Karate Kid.

Come to think of it, it reminded me of another film I have seen, possibly Romeo and Juliet!

Anyway, joking and Karate Kid part 7 jokes aside, it was actually a pretty easy going movie, with plenty of fighting, training montages and smokin' hot babes!

After watching the DVD, we turned over and Karate Kid was on TV, but I turned it off. My 4 year old is convinced he can catch flies with chopsticks now!

On Friday we watched "The Wicker Man" remake!
              It was bloody awful, disjointed, crap and every other bad name you can come up with!
              It tried to pay homage to the original by calling one of the charectors "Edward" and another "Woodward", they would have made a better film, by not making one at all!

The original is a classic with a soundtrack that haunts me to this day!
              Regards Mike

Comment

• Hi Mike,

The remake of "Wicker Man" is the sort of film that gives crap a bad name.

Regards,

Simon
                Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• It was awful Simon, I was nearly crying!

My wife had watched the original film with me just once, and for some reason, wasn't too keen, but after watching Cage on the island she quickly became a convert.

What got on my nerves was the fact that just about everybody mentioned Lady Summersisle, but Cage waits for ages to actually go and see her. If it was an attempt to build up suspense, it failed!
                  Regards Mike

Comment

• I recently watched Funny Games as well as Raising Jeffrey Dahmer and can't recommend either without reservations. Actually, the former wasn't as good as I'd expected and the latter exceeded my expectations which were low.
                    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Lord of the Rings trilogy.

I think I liked it more this time I watched it 'cause there wasn't all the damn hype that went with it when it first came out.
                      "Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" - Admiral David Farragut.

Comment

• BTK has just come out over here, I will see if I can get hold of it and put a review on the "TRUE CRIME MOVIE" thread.

Lost Boys 1 and 2 also came out monday in a boxset, I will be buying a copy later today.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy is awsome, as a collector I bought the three film boxset (normal editions)
                        Then I bought the Special Extended Cuts, with WETA Workshop models and extra bonus disks. They come in a special collectors box, and I remember the joy when they arrived!
                        Regards Mike

Comment

• "Evans Almighty" was on TV last night, I didn't mind "Bruce Almighty" so I thought I would give it a go, and it was a funny, heart warming movie.

"Lost Boys 2" was described by my friend as Dawsons Creek does Vampires! I tried to watch it but fell asleep!

Regards Mike

Comment

• My wonderful wife bought my a honking big stack of DVD's for my birthday

It includes The Orphanage, The Golden Compass, Candy Stripers, Saw IV, White Nights, The Song Remains the Same, Walk All Over Me, Three Pigs and a Baby, and the complete first season of the Osbournes
                            “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• I have the Osbournes series 1 and 2, they are fantastic!

I heard that there is a 20th Anniversary release of Childs Play, but so far I have only seen region1! I am on the prowl for a region2!

I enjoyed the Saw movies, I have the regular cuts and directors cuts of the movies, plus a spinning circular saw boxset! I also have the 2 7" models of Amanda and John (Jigsaw), plus a 12" plush talking figure of the doll from the movie!

"So you wanna play a game?"
                              Regards Mike

Comment

• Hi Mike,

Last week I watched the remake of King Kong...not bad I suppose,I liked the ape..he was sweet and I wanted to give him a cuddle...couldn't watch the end,as he always dies...which makes me cry.So I switched over just before we got to that bit.

I watched the late night movie on the Sci-fi channel, "Horror at Loch Ness".....the "Nessie's" were quite good....and ate their dinners quite effectively.
                                It wasn't set at Loch Ness,they found a "Nessie" in their own country...which has diddly-squat to do with the title.Anyway,
                                "Ye canna beat a film about a beastie"....I like beasties..bring back the dinosaurs,I say!!

Last night I watched the fabulous Sue Perkins conduct at "Proms in the Park".
                                I'm crazy about Classical Music..have been since very young.I loved the "Maestro"..and she was a worthy winner...although Goldie was brilliant too.Alex James of Blur was my third favourite.
                                Followed by "The Last Night of the Proms"....ahhhh,I was in Classical heaven.
                                I have always wanted to be a Promenader,and be able to conduct a real live orchestra from the front row.
                                ANNA.

Comment

Working...
                                X