HH Hollmes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    I agree with all of the above. And as Mike said, surely he was in The States at the time?

Or is someone planning a Neil Cream-like piece of subterfuge including bribery and doppelgängers.

Regards
    Herlock
    Have any of you properly sat down and watched the show, though? My dad and I just popped it out in one go, there are some uncanny similarities. Also, there are records of him leaving the US in 1888, to England. Returning in 1889. Give the show a watch if you want to, I was very surprised - seeing as I believe Lechmere is the true ripper.

Comment

Originally posted by WastelandOfTheRipper View Post
      Have any of you properly sat down and watched the show, though? My dad and I just popped it out in one go, there are some uncanny similarities. Also, there are records of him leaving the US in 1888, to England. Returning in 1889. Give the show a watch if you want to, I was very surprised - seeing as I believe Lechmere is the true ripper.
      I've been watching it, and I have to say, they didn't find any evidence of him leaving the US for England at all. What they did was find variations of names on registers that matched various aliases of his, and what they failed to omit was that they saw several supposed aliases on the same registers.

So, either, they were common names of people, or Holmes weirdly traveled on the same boat with at least 5 different names, for no reason whatsoever.

If we're being logical, it would seem that the "aliases" were not actual aliases at all, and that these names belonged to average people traveling by boat.

There is basically not one iota of evidence to suggest Holmes was anything more than a bloke from Chicago who killed people over there.

Comment

Working...
      X