Let there be light!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aldebaran View Post
    Caligo, you are a fascinating writer. Do you have a book?
    Hi, Aldebaran.

Thank you.

I do not have a book published, currently.
    I am, however, engaged with two manuscripts, one of which is JTR related. The timetable initially set for this was late August and early September, though due to some misfortune that the publishers have encountered, it would appear that the more likely date will now be sometime next summer.

The delay affords me the opportunity to follow up on some research and so isn't entirely unuseful.

Do you have any published work, may I enquire?
    https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/flag_uk.gif "I know why the sun never sets on the British Empire: God wouldn't trust an Englishman in the dark."

Comment

• I'll message you privately, as there is nothing related to JTR as yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
        I don't have anything to say Pierre because, as usual, I don't know what you are talking about.
        Hi David,

I am talking about your way of simplifying two socially constructed concepts, "truth" and "lie".

That is why I say "I am lying now" and ask you what you think about it.

You find more about that question here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liar_paradox

As you might understand, the concepts are complex. Therefore you can not use them on historical sources without problems.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
          Hi David,
          I am talking about your way of simplifying two socially constructed concepts, "truth" and "lie".
          Oh I love how it is MY way of simplifying those concepts.

Yes Pierre, because they are "socially constructed" and don't really exist. Nothing is true and nothing is false.

So I tried to make them simple, so simple that children could understand them, but perhaps they are too complicated for you and you would prefer to ponder on pointless paradoxes.

Comment

• Bit like the twin brothers at the unsigned fork in the road.
            One told the truth all the time,the other lied all the time.
            A traveler needed to ask both of them the same question,in order to take the correct road.
            My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• police departments need to bring in external reviewers to examine all of their institutional practices including hiring, promotions, and training. The long‐running racial discrepancies in the way that police officers apply force to suspects have significantly eroded trust between law enforcement and the public whom they serve

Comment

Working...
              X