No announcement yet.

Not for nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Jewes are not the nitwits that for nothing knitting will not be unknotted knowingly.

Knike
    huh?

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
      Probably not but that's not going to stop me requesting.
      Good.

Main reason I don't think it will happen, is I don't believe he genuinely has a suspect, not much else about him seems genuine. Look how often he's changed his area of so called expertise. Look at how often he has said "I know something no one else knows"?

Go back and read his first thread "I think I've found him" and all the promises that he only needed one more bit of "data" (as he called it when he was pretending to be a scientist) and then look at how little he has told s since.

Just BS everything he posts.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
        Pierre has repeatedly shown himself to be almost comically bad when it comes to textual analysis.

He's a charlatan, a fraud, a fake, and a timewaster.

MODS - why let this hypocritical deceitful oaf ruin the boards any longer?

To cite good old King Lear, Nothing will come of nothing. But he then urges Cordelia to 'speak again'. I, on the other hand, urge our Pierre to put a sock in it.
        Don't be silly.

Casebook loves Pierre. That's why he concurrently has four active threads on the go. People could just ignore him and refuse to indulge his ramblings if they really thought so little of him but it seems to me they can't help themselves.

Comment

Harry, I *like* being silly!

You are right, and you prove my point for me. People can't help themselves. Maybe the mods should help them. It would certainly be easier to ignore his provocations if he were no longer able to post them in the first place.

An inadvertent typo has just revealed that 'certain' is an anagram of 'a cretin'. An epiphany!

Comment

Originally posted by harry View Post
            "I will give you money,but,not for nothing".

"I will give you help,but,not for nothing".

"I will go with you,but,not for nothing"
            All Victorian expressions
            The Juwes kill ,but,not for nothing
            Are they not just sort of everyday expressions though Harry?
            They all simply mean that there is a price involved in a particular circumstance,
            Hardly "Victorian"..
            I would honestly like to see where Pierre is going with it, but its just pratting about with semantics isn't it?
            Last edited by andy1867; 06-12-2017, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by andy1867 View Post
              Are they not just sort of everyday expressions though Harry?
              They all simply mean that there is a price involved in a particular circumstance,
              Hardly "Victorian"..
              I would honestly like to see where Pierre is going with it, but its just pratting about with semantics isn't it?
              hi andy as ive mentioned before pierre has found something where his "suspect" used the phrase and thinks its similar enough to the GSG wording as to point to as evidence of his guilt.
              "Is all that we see or seem
              but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
              quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                hi andy as ive mentioned before pierre has found something where his "suspect" used the phrase and thinks its similar enough to the GSG wording as to point to as evidence of his guilt.
                Hi Abby,

I would appreciate if you do not interpret the purposes of my texts in the wrong way. Thank you.

Best wishes, Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                  Hi Abby,

I would appreciate if you do not interpret the purposes of my texts in the wrong way. Thank you.

Best wishes, Pierre
                  Oh so sorry Pierre.
                  Maybe if you would explain what the revelance of your entire thread is-you know, posted in the motive... section, then we would not have to try and guess what the **** your talking about.
                  "Is all that we see or seem
                  but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                  quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Hi Pierre
                    Is your suspect a writer that has oft times used such phrases in a Novel or some such publication ?
                    For instance
                    JUWES is actually JUDE
                    The meaning is obscure and the murders were done far from the madding crowd?
                    Am I on the right track?
                    Last edited by andy1867; 06-12-2017, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Andy,
                      More apt I would say in Victorian times,compared with today.Now it seems,something for nothing is common.

Comment

Originally posted by harry View Post
                        Andy,
                        More apt I would say in Victorian times,compared with today.Now it seems,something for nothing is common.
                        Hi Harry,

where do you think we could find the expression "not for nothing" in Victorian times and how do you think it could be used?

Cheers, Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by andy1867 View Post
                          Hi Pierre
                          Is your suspect a writer that has oft times used such phrases in a Novel or some such publication ?
                          For instance
                          JUWES is actually JUDE
                          The meaning is obscure and the murders were done far from the madding crowd?
                          Am I on the right track?
                          I'm liking what you did there!

Have you revealed Pierre's "suspect"?

*drumroll*

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                            Hi Harry,

where do you think we could find the expression "not for nothing" in Victorian times and how do you think it could be used?

Cheers, Pierre
                            Stop wasting people's time Pierre. You either have something to say or you don't. So far since you joined Casebook it's been the latter, every time.

Comment

I think its interesting that someone who contacted the police via mail years after the murders referenced the GSG, and that caused quite a stir once again with the authorities...who, we are told, already had a suspect institutionalized for the crimes before Alice Mackenzies murder.
                              Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by ohrocky View Post
                                I'm liking what you did there!

Have you revealed Pierre's "suspect"?

*drumroll*
                                HARD l Y...

Aleister Crowley was 13 at the time
                                Rudyard Kipling 22..IF... it was him
                                D.H Lawrence was 3, but as we know, rather precocious...
                                Beatrix Potter was 22..and i hear serial killers sometimes start on animals
                                Sir Arthur Conan Doyle is in the frame, and was a medical student at one time
                                So the list is rather long...I haven't started on Poets yet..

Comment

Working...
                                X