Ripper Street (season 5) last episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripper Street (season 5) last episode

I know some folks aren't very happy with the later "Ripper Street" series, but I just finished Series 5, and was very impressed with it overall-- especially the final episode, titled "Occurrence Reports". I recommend it to all members and visitors to this site, as it includes Reid's flashbacks to working the MJK murder, as well as more contemporary arguments with Abberline over the suspect Chapman.

I was very touched when Reid, hearing a woman at a musical revue begin singing "T'was only a Violet picked from my Mother's Grave", creates a scene objecting to the song because it was Mary Jane Kelly's song from the night she died! He felt it showed no respect, but a member of the theater company tells him that is exactly why they sing it.

Nice, very nice.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

I loved the 5th season.. and I will really miss the show.. it was the only show I watched on TV (other than sports and films) and I grew to love it... sure it was hokey at times...but was a fun series, plenty of twists and turns and great acting

I thought the last episode was fantastic... loved the ending!!!

Steadmund Brand
    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

"We must set a watchman..."

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
      I loved the 5th season.. and I will really miss the show.. it was the only show I watched on TV (other than sports and films) and I grew to love it... sure it was hokey at times...but was a fun series, plenty of twists and turns and great acting

I thought the last episode was fantastic... loved the ending!!!

Steadmund Brand
      Absolutely, Steady. Very good set of episodes, and it was great to see Reid back in charge again. I noticed all of his comrades had their histories completed, though the happiest ending was perhaps Matilda. Interesting that she understood why her father would probably not come to see her and her family; yet it seemed they kept in touch, to judge by the photos on his desk.

Did you like the comment he made to Abberline that "we don't have evidence! We have half-seen shadows and speculations..." Very true, still!
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
        Absolutely, Steady. !
        Now even Dunny is calling him Steady.

Great to see.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

What's in a name?

Originally posted by GUT View Post
          Now even Dunny is calling him Steady.

Great to see.
          Lol...
          ---------------
          ---------------

Comment

Did you like the comment he made to Abberline that "we don't have evidence! We have half-seen shadows and speculations..." Very true, still!
            These are not clues, Fred.
            It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
            They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
            And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral then into meaning when we will not.
            We will not.

Makes for a great signature.
            These are not clues, Fred.
            It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
            They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
            And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
            We will not.

Comment

I know some folks aren't very happy with the later "Ripper Street" series, but I just finished Series 5, and was very impressed with it overall-- especially the final episode, titled "Occurrence Reports". I recommend it to all members and visitors to this site, as it includes Reid's flashbacks to working the MJK murder, as well as more contemporary arguments with Abberline over the suspect Chapman.

I was very touched when Reid, hearing a woman at a musical revue begin singing "T'was only a Violet picked from my Mother's Grave", creates a scene objecting to the song because it was Mary Jane Kelly's song from the night she died! He felt it showed no respect, but a member of the theater company tells him that is exactly why they sing it.

Nice, very nice.
              Thanks for the post! I'm currently on Season 3, so I have a lot to look forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by rdeason View Post
                Thanks for the post! I'm currently on Season 3, so I have a lot to look forward to.
                You sure do! Welcome to the forum, and I'm glad you the series!
                ---------------
                ---------------

Comment

Thank you for the welcome, PCdunn! Ripper Street is one of the best, although I love many Brit shows (Downton Abbey, Black Mirror, Game of Thrones etc). Matthew Mcfadyen is a fantastic Edmund Reid. Jerome Flynn (Drake, aka Bronn, GoT), Clive Russell (Abberline, aka Blackfish, GoT) and Joseph Mawle (Shine, Uncle Benjen, GoT) are also wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                  X