Brymbo Mary Baptism Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brymbo Mary Baptism Record

I couldn't find a thread relating specifically related to the Mary Kelly born in 1863 in Brymbo, so apologies if there is one and I've missed it.

I've found what looks to be her birth record on the Irish Catholic Records. Has this been posted before?

The parents match (Hubert and Bridget) although the entry is recorded in French for some (to me) arcane reason, with her name being listed as either Maria or Marie and those of her parents as Huberti and Brigido (or Brigida)

If I'm right, which seems likely, she was born on 25th June 1863 (Diocese of Clonfert, Galway & Roscommon) and baptised on 7th August which may be of interest to anyone (not me) who is of the view that the Whitechapel Murders are all about MJK and significant dates.

Apologies if this is old hat, but I thought I should double check.
    Last edited by Bridewell; 10-02-2018, 10:12 AM.
    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
    I couldn't find a thread relating specifically related to the Mary Kelly born in 1863 in Brymbo, so apologies if there is one and I've missed it.

I've found what looks to be her birth record on the Irish Catholic Records. Has this been posted before?

The parents match (Hubert and Bridget) although the entry is recorded in French for some (to me) arcane reason, with her name being listed as either Maria or Marie and those of her parents as Huberti and Brigido (or Brigida)

If I'm right, which seems likely, she was born on 25th June 1863 (Diocese of Clonfert, Galway & Roscommon) and baptised on 7th August which may be of interest to anyone (not me) who is of the view that the Whitechapel Murders are all about MJK and significant dates.

Apologies if this is old hat, but I thought I should double check.
    Good find, Colin. I don't think anyone has posted it before.

Research by Dave Knott showed that Mary Ann Kelly, daughter of Hubert and Bridget, married Griffith Jones and was alive on the 1901 census running her own pub IIRC.

Comment

I do remember the Brymbo Kelly family - the name "Hubert" sticks in my mind for some reason! - but I can't remember Mary's birth record having been found. Nice one, Bridewell
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post

The names in Catholic records are usually Latinized. Mary is usually Maria.

Comment

Originally posted by Debra A View Post
          Good find, Colin. I don't think anyone has posted it before.

Research by Dave Knott showed that Mary Ann Kelly, daughter of Hubert and Bridget, married Griffith Jones and was alive on the 1901 census running her own pub IIRC.
          Thanks, Debra. I didn't realise that she'd been so conclusively eliminated as MJK. Thanks too for the explanation of the Latin thing (which I should have twigged but didn't).
          I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Working...
          X