Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Fisherman 3 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by MrBarnett 12 minutes ago.
Ripper Authors: Can You Name this book/Author? - by Elamarna 18 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Fisherman 21 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Sam Flynn 27 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Abby Normal 32 minutes ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - (94 posts)
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: Lech versus Kos - (19 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: Did Jack leave his fingerprints on Mary Jane Kelly? - (17 posts)
Ripper Authors: Can You Name this book/Author? - (11 posts)
General Discussion: Jack The Ripper and Venus - (9 posts)
Mary Ann Nichols: What Direction Was Polly Travelling When She Was Killed? - (8 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Media > Audio -- Visual > Rippercast

Old 05-19-2018, 04:39 PM
Constable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varqm View Post

Here is my view on Hotchinson, http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=10578,it was because the Kelly inquest was illegally (against the Coroners Act **) stopped.But it would be interesting to hear Stephens view on Hutch.

** On why: http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=10404

-
Hi Varqm,

Thanks for letting me know about those threads. I'll enjoy setting aside some time and taking it all in.

In terms of your general introductory comments on 10578, they seem quite reasonable, and as far as I know, are among the mainstay arguments of those pesky people I call the Hutchionistas (of which I am one). The material re the Coroners Act 1887 is interesting in that light, certainly.

In terms of my views on Hutchinson, there's a bit in the media - the URLs of which, I vary, by way of signing off my posts.

Better yet, Ripperologist magazine's website (which is a minimalist's dream and so easy to navigate - kudos) has an index section covering all their editions, n.113 to the latest one, n.160. Just have a look at my contributions there. Some of my (limited) posting here at Casebook is Hutchinson related too.

I've provided the hyperlink above mainly for my own purposes as I can never find it when I do a Google search and the only way I can seem to reach it is via the current email renewal process.

Stephen
http://www.tweeddailynews.com.au/new...mpage/3177827/

Last edited by cnr : 05-19-2018 at 04:55 PM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 04:46 PM
Constable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elamarna View Post
Not for all of us Stephen, i find it a stretch too far.
Steve
Nothing wrong with disagreeing, Steve. Especially after 130 years.

On a side/personal note, another thing which I find interesting about the quote - for all it's apocryphal nature - is that it's the kind of raw and ugly scuttlebutt whose DNA is in keeping with historic Whitechapel 1888. I'd be more worried if it mentioned the top-hat & cape, any Cockney rhyming slang, or an emphatic " bloomin' " or two - that's the kind of stuff I find truly blood curdling.

Stephen
http://www.timesofisrael.com/were-th...mitic-frameup/
Old 05-19-2018, 04:48 PM
Constable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmenges View Post
No not at all. Perhaps we can get together next Saturday or Sunday morning (your time) to talk more about Hutchinson?

JM
Thanks Jonathan. I'll email you presently.

Stephen
Old 05-20-2018, 10:11 AM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnr View Post
Hi Varqm,

Thanks for letting me know about those threads. I'll enjoy setting aside some time and taking it all in.

In terms of your general introductory comments on 10578, they seem quite reasonable, and as far as I know, are among the mainstay arguments of those pesky people I call the Hutchionistas (of which I am one). The material re the Coroners Act 1887 is interesting in that light, certainly.

In terms of my views on Hutchinson, there's a bit in the media - the URLs of which, I vary, by way of signing off my posts.

Better yet, Ripperologist magazine's website (which is a minimalist's dream and so easy to navigate - kudos) has an index section covering all their editions, n.113 to the latest one, n.160. Just have a look at my contributions there. Some of my (limited) posting here at Casebook is Hutchinson related too.

I've provided the hyperlink above mainly for my own purposes as I can never find it when I do a Google search and the only way I can seem to reach it is via the current email renewal process.

Stephen
http://www.tweeddailynews.com.au/new...mpage/3177827/
Cool.Thanks for those links.

-
Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced, otherwise people run back to the hills,no towns).
M. Pacana