Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new BBC One documentary about one of the most infamous serial killers of all time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by harry View Post
    Phil,
    Do you believe the race will be run next year,albeit with a few adjustments to the course?
    I have a horse called Alibi.Any chance of a start?
    Hello Harry,

I don't get to pick who enters, nor who is allowed in. Ask others. Lol

The course needs not just a few adjustments. It needs a complete rehash.

ANYBODY who continues to "keep calm and carry on pushing same old same old" is guilty of promoting rubbish for the wrong reasons.

And it hits home. In spades.

Wickerman interpreted it perfectly. The horse race shows the stupidity of yet another programme costing gawd knows what.. For what purpose? To entertain? To educate? Yeah... Right.

Phil
    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
    Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
      You're a man after my own heart, Phil.

Who in their right mind can take all this crap seriously after a while?
      Hello Scott,

Thank you. Satirical parody is regarded by some as nonsense. Me? I quote the O'Jays.. "Message in our music". Lol

A good question you ask. Who indeed? Some will even try to fit real names in all seriousness to satirical parody characters.
      Now that tells me where it became an uncomfortable truism.

Hope you are well?

Phil
      Last edited by Phil Carter; 07-27-2018, 12:57 AM.
      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Crimes of 50+ years are now being solved,thanks to improvements in methods of detection.While I agree that repetitious nonsense will not help,if we abandon all avenues open to discussion,then we abandon all chance of a solution.

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
          Or maybe the ones who hold the keys to the winners enclosure are so clever that they've tricked the not too bright guy who runs the enclosure next to the Paddock to help them promote that 'certain long awaited book'.

Now I'm getting paranoid.

JM

Oh dear.. You obviously have never been to an English racecourse, certainly not Liverpool's famous Aintree either...
          The winner's enclosure is an open area where the first three or four horses, riders, trainers, owners and invited friends attend the presenting of the prizes. It's in the open air. There are no locks, gates, doors.. So.. No. keys.
          It is not an indoor arena...

While you are in the famous horse race classroom... I suggest you look on youtube for the 1967 Grand National. Where a horse called Popham Down (pronounced pop 'em down) refused at a fence and caused an enormous pile up of horses and riders. Foinavon, an outsider, won the race. At 100/1...

Then one can also learn about how the greatest horse race commentator of all time, Peter O' Sullivan, uses a microphone. The Grand Nationals of 1973,1974 and 1977 will show him at his best. Have a dose of Red Rum for your paranoia.

Phil
          Last edited by Phil Carter; 07-27-2018, 01:57 AM.
          Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by harry View Post
            Crimes of 50+ years are now being solved,thanks to improvements in methods of detection.While I agree that repetitious nonsense will not help,if we abandon all avenues open to discussion,then we abandon all chance of a solution.
            Hello Harry,

Oh.. To part of that I agree... But no one mentioned abandoning all avenues etc.
            When it comes to finding a solution.. It won't happen IMHO without the help of all missing official papers from The Home Office, The Met Police and City files and C. I. D. Papers on the subject. And as most are apparently destroyed....

Methods of detection? We have no fingerprints, no pieces of DNA, and those two problems inhibit modern techniques. That is why Ye Olde Shawle was invented. To try to con the public using modern methods of detection. It was a con started many years before.

So.. We get repetitious nonsense ad nauseam.

Phil
            Last edited by Phil Carter; 07-27-2018, 02:02 AM.
            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
              Hello Harry,

Oh.. To part of that I agree... But no one mentioned abandoning all avenues etc.
              When it comes to finding a solution.. It won't happen IMHO without the help of all missing official papers from The Home Office, The Met Police and City files and C. I. D. Papers on the subject. And as most are apparently destroyed....

Methods of detection? We have no fingerprints, no pieces of DNA, and those two problems inhibit modern techniques. That is why Ye Olde Shawle was invented. To try to con the public using modern methods of detection. It was a con started many years before.

So.. We get repetitious nonsense ad nauseam.

Phil
              Hi Phil
              And not to forget the "experts" used in these programs who pander to the needs of the program makers as we have seen time and time again.

Its time for a program on who it wasn't, not who it was, but that's never going to happen, despite a wealth of evidence to eliminate many of the prime suspects coveted in these programs. The same goes for publishers who only want suspect books on who it was, not who it wasn't.

Its time the public were told the truth

Comment

Thanks for the plug, Trevor.
                Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Hi JM,

As a matter of interest, what has happened to that 'certain long awaited book'?

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Hi Simon,

I don't know.

I do hope you're having a good summer and staying far away from wildfires.

JM

Comment

Hi JM,

Thanks.

Mercifully we're not even singed.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                        Tell me there's no Royal Conspiracy/Diary nonsense in this attempt.

I do hope not!!! Would be nice to just have a documentary about the case without speculating on who he might have been!!

Has a broadcast date been confirmed yet?

Comment

BBC Media Centre announcement.

I reckon the image shows what we can expect in the programme.
                          These are not clues, Fred.
                          It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
                          They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
                          And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
                          We will not.

Comment

It's the new wave. Use a lot of fancy 3-D computerized images, etc., and then use the vague waters of "profiling" to fit up some faceless local chap like Barnett, Cohen, Lechmere, Hutchinson, et al. All in the name of 'scientific advancement.'

Comment

You all sound jaded at the prospect of the new documentary, but I am hoping it will present a more informative view of the cases than we've seen yet.

I guess it will show up this Fall?
                              Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                              ---------------
                              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                              ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                                You all sound jaded at the prospect of the new documentary, but I am hoping it will present a more informative view of the cases than we've seen yet.

I guess it will show up this Fall?
                                Hi Pat,

You’re absolutely correct that all the responses to the news of this documentary do sound jaded but I have to admit that my reaction was exactly the same. As in books, we are overburdened by re-hashes which are usually produced or written by people with only a basic grasp of the facts but who realise that ‘Jack’ sells. Let’s hope that this latest documentary differs in some way. I wish that someone would do a ‘then and now’ documentary. Visiting the locations, not just of the murders but other related events and where people lived or were born, to tell the story. But I suppose that this would have limited tv appeal. Some ripper researcher might want to consider the idea though. Might make them a few quid for minimal outlay.
                                There was supposed to be a documentary coming out based on Richard Patterson’s book on Francis Thompson? I don’t think he was the ripper but the documentary might be an interesting watch and a talking point.
                                Let’s hope that the new one surprises us all Pat
                                Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 08-04-2018, 01:50 AM.
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Working...
                                X