Fame or Infamy ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Carol

I'm afraid that I'm the one who's missed something - namely, Maybrick! My knowledge of him is vanishingly small - but I do like puzzles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
      Hi Carol

I'm afraid that I'm the one who's missed something - namely, Maybrick! My knowledge of him is vanishingly small - but I do like puzzles.
      Hi Robert!
      I love puzzles too. I'm with you - I miss Maybrick and 'his' Diary. Of course, there is still the mystery over whether Maybrick was murdered or just died 'naturally' from arsenical poisoning.
      Hope you're having better weather than we are. It's really wet, miserable and autumny here in Gothenburg!
      Carol

Comment

• Carol, is Gothenburg the same as Goteburg? There was a chess variation in the Sicilian Defence named after Goteburg.

Comment

• Hello Robert

Gothenburg, in Scandinavian is variously spelt, and named Gøteborg. The "ø" or in Swedish the o with 2 dots over(I haven't got the correect keyboard) is o and e.. sounding like the "er" in Gershwin, with a flat sounding "r". I think Carol will confirm this too.

best wishes

Phil
          Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
          Accountability? ....

Comment

• Copenhagen is pronounced Copen-harn by the locals.
            allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

• Stephen Thomas

'allisvanityandvexationofspirit' ....

great signature, I like it.
              "Victoria Victoria, the queen of them all,
              of Sir Jack she knows nothing at all"

Comment

• Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                Hello Robert

Gothenburg, in Scandinavian is variously spelt, and named Gøteborg. The "ø" or in Swedish the o with 2 dots over(I haven't got the correect keyboard) is o and e.. sounding like the "er" in Gershwin, with a flat sounding "r". I think Carol will confirm this too.

best wishes

Phil
                I can confirm this, Phil! Gothenburg is the English version of what is known as Göteborg to us locals.
                Carol

Comment

• Originally posted by Victoria View Post
                  'allisvanityandvexationofspirit' ....

great signature, I like it.
                  Why thankyou, Victoria

Might I say that I've lived in London for 45 years (all my adult life) and have never happened to meet an Australian person that I didn't like.
                  allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

• Thanks all. The Goteburg variation is a very dangerous variation to play as black.

Comment

• Fame or Infamy

Hello to one and all ..

I am wondering if anyone here can tell me of the current whereabouts, as in
                      who has current ownership of the watch associated with the fake
                      JTR diary.

Many thanks.
                      "Victoria Victoria, the queen of them all,
                      of Sir Jack she knows nothing at all"

Comment

• I believe the Watch is now in the possession of the president of the Flat Earth society,and currently displayed at the Leonardo Da vinci appreciation societys HQ in Madrid.

Comment

Working...
                        X