stuck in Dutfield's yard ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stuck in Dutfield's yard ?

One question, maybe allready discussed:could Jack have been stuck inside Dutfields Yard when the cart came in, and while he was cutting Liz?
    Did he had to wait for Diemschutz went searching for help to leave the court ?

is that a "maybe scenario" ?

Thanks gentlemen...
    His man Bowyer
    (Forgive my accent, I've been to France for a while…)

—————————————

Originally posted by Gene Lewis View Post
    One question, maybe allready discussed:could Jack have been stuck inside Dutfields Yard when the cart came in, and while he was cutting Liz?

Thanks gentlemen...
    Its debatable whether it was Jack or not who killed Elizabeth Stride. It is highly unlikely in my opinion and whoever murdered Elizabeth Stride had long gone before Dimshitz arrived.

Rob

Comment

I meant this: could we imagine he was stuck in because of the carriage ? The horse smelled blood and turned into panic, it drive diagonally in the yard and the horse and the cart, like a trap, blocked our man in. The court was really dark and he was there while Diemshutz discovered Liz ?
      His man Bowyer

—————————————

Comment

Yes it is possible. It has been suggested a few times by those who believe he was interupted and then upset about not mutilating Stride he went on to murder and mutilate Catherine Eddows.

Rob

Comment

Thank's Rob: this is a scenario I have in mind. The dog cart and the arms of the carriage blocking the way out, condemning Jack to wait (or to fight, but we know he didn't) for escaping that trap he was in... The darkness of the court is the only speculation: was Dutfield's yard dark enough to hide a man, at close range ?
          His man Bowyer

—————————————

Comment

I can't remember offhand but I think there may have been enough room for Strides murderer to exit the yard if the cart was in the way and if he was still there at the time. It would have been dark enough for him not to have been noticed and also he could have hidden behind the open gate, again if he was there.

Rob

Comment

Then there's the element of mud on feet, hoofs and wagon wheels, bogging everything down.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Lewis View Post

Thanks gentlemen...
                Hi Gene
                Absolutely. I actually think that is what the majority or people believe what happened.

I think another plausible scenario is one in which Scwartz witnessed the beginning of the attack outside the yard and the killer pulled herinto the yard and before he began the mutilations thought it was to risky and so bolted shortly before Diemshutz arrived.

Comment

Dimshits

Hello Rob. Well, that makes two of us. If there WERE an interruption, it seems much more likely to have been out the side door.

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

Hi Eugθne (?!)

I think that the scenario that you suggest is very plausible, even if I do wonder if Jack intended 2 victims that night.
                    http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                      Hello Rob. Well, that makes two of us. If there WERE an interruption, it seems much more likely to have been out the side door.

Cheers.
                      LC
                      Not something I've given a lot of thought to Lynn, as believe he was long gone by the time Dimshit got there. But yes if he was there I don't think the cart would have blocked his exit and he would have gotten out by the gates.

Rob

Comment

Thank's everybody for following my speculations and conjectures. Glad to see that possible scenarios for one can be admitted by others... Even if the cart didn't blocked our man in the yard, I note that the place was dark enough to hide him... and i really think he was there while Diemschutz discovered Liz's body.
                        His man Bowyer

—————————————

Comment

and for Rubyretro:
                          …nor Eugene... Nicknames are sometimes quite difficult to unveil !
                          His man Bowyer

—————————————

Comment

Juryman: "was there room for you to have passed the body with your cart?"

Diemschitz: "Oh, yes. Mine is not a very wide cart; it only took up the centre of the passage. If my pony had not shied perhaps I would not have noticed it at all."
                            The Illustrated Police News 6 October, 1888.

So, the exit was probably not blocked by the horse and cart.

Wolf.

Comment

Wolf, even if the "not very wide cart" was moved aside, diagonally, by the frightened horse, it's head close to the wall, and trapping Jack in the gate angle ... (?)
                              I almost see the scene !
                              His man Bowyer

—————————————

Comment

Working...
                              X