Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most accurate reconstruction (Graphic Warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most accurate reconstruction (Graphic Warning)

This is the most accurate reconstruction of Mary Kelly's crime scene that I've seen:

Taken from this YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsO7n_rrxSA

The reconstructions are really good.

And here it is with a vintage treatment:

Last edited by richardh; 01-18-2019, 01:50 PM.
    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Here's a comparison of the images:

Comment

Why does the bed post and headboard look different in the comparisons?

In the original her left hand lays perpendicular across her waist pointing 9:00 but in the colorized version her hand is pointing 7:00. Did they move her?

The blood stains on the wall to the right of her head look different and the blood on her right leg looks different as well.

I realize they took many shots and only released to the public a few, but some of the things don't look correct.

Comment

The images used in the documenatry are reconstructions. The angles are different, and the details are slightly different but, overall, the reconstructions are excellent.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

It's difficult to tell whether the enormous blob on the bedside table is a bloodied bolster, or two enormous shank roasts. Perhaps they decided to be diplomatic.

Comment

We've seen the image of Mary Kelly on her bed for many years in its 'vintage' black & white, scratched, worn and torn form, and looking at that reconstruction photo in its vintage form which looks very similar to MJK2, just imagine MJK2 in reverse - imagine it in modern form like the reconstructed photo. Just imagine the horror of discovering the REAL scene and imagine having high-res, colour photos of MJK2!
            horrific.

Comment

Someone please correct me and show me how I am wrong.

That is not a picture of Mary Kelly - The headboard on the bed does not match along with several other items.

Please, someone explain to me how I am looking at this picture incorrectly because I am having a hard time understanding what I am looking at.

Comment

It is NOT an actual photo of Mary Kelly. It is only a reconstruction taken from the YouTube video (link in the first post). I took the screenshot from the video and then simply aged it using some software to create a vintage photo (fake).

It's NOT real!

Originally posted by APerno View Post
                Someone please correct me and show me how I am wrong.

That is not a picture of Mary Kelly - The headboard on the bed does not match along with several other items.

Please, someone explain to me how I am looking at this picture incorrectly because I am having a hard time understanding what I am looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by richardh View Post
                  It is NOT an actual photo of Mary Kelly. It is only a reconstruction taken from the YouTube video (link in the first post). I took the screenshot from the video and then simply aged it using some software to create a vintage photo (fake).

It's NOT real!
                  Well there is an hour of my life I won't get back looking at those damn photos!

But thank you for replying, I guess I missed something going in; guess I should have hit the posted link.

Comment

I think it's lumps of flesh:

Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post
                    It's difficult to tell whether the enormous blob on the bedside table is a bloodied bolster, or two enormous shank roasts. Perhaps they decided to be diplomatic.
                    Note: It's a shame they didn't try to be a bit more accurate with the bed headboard given that it is clearly seen in the original MJK2 photo and they had already taken considerable time and trouble to re-create the room and pose.
                    Last edited by richardh; 01-19-2019, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Those grainy pics will now be spread on Pinterest and alike as the genuine article. Just you wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                        Those grainy pics will now be spread on Pinterest and alike as the genuine article. Just you wait and see.
                        Well maybe it should -- After all fakes, pranks, and outright fraud have always been part of the Ripper Universe, so why not bogus pictures of Mary Kelly as well? It almost (unintentionally) fooled me until I took a second look.

In fact when I first found this message board, I was half expecting it to be full of pranks and pranksters, and was a little disappointed when it wasn't.

Comment

Impressive recreation!

Comment

I think it's lumps of flesh:
                            Yes, it clearly is supposed to represent the bits of flesh from the thighs and abdomen mentioned in Bond's notes. I am a bit surprised the creators of the image left out the bolster/pillow/bedding (and Yes, it IS a bolster/pillow/bit of bedding ;-) )that is on the back side of the table in the MJK3 photo as it's quite prominent in that view. They also neglected the shape that appears to be the liver that is visible in the original MJK1 picture down by her feet. However in that case exactly what that dark shape actually is, is not 100% certain. It might just be a bloody spot on the sheet after all....although it does have a liver-like shape.

That all being said, it's a well done reconstruction. It's certainly better than most I have seen.

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Trench_Raider View Post
                              They also neglected the shape that appears to be the liver that is visible in the original MJK1 picture down by her feet. However in that case exactly what that dark shape actually is, is not 100% certain
                              Given that it's precisely where Bond says it was, I'm sure it is her liver, Martin.
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Working...
                              X