Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    Levy lived right in the middle of the Ripper's territory, which places him within easy walking (and escaping) distance of all the canonical, and some non-canonical, murders. And we don't need the Deus-ex-machinery of "work treks" or "visiting mum" to place him there, either.
    Sam
    the only deus ex machina I see is modern sleuths fitting up a man (levy) that has no ties to the case to be a ripper suspect.

no "god from the machine" places lech near a murder victim-he does that all by himself.
    Last edited by Abby Normal; 12-13-2018, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
      no "god from the machine" places lech near a murder victim-he does that all by himself.
      And the other murders? Levy was well placed for all canonical five of them, and more.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

And the other murders? Levy was well placed for all canonical five of them, and more.
        sure he was (as were a zillion other men)-and that would be another point in his favor as a valid ripper suspect. but the fact of the matter is that nothing ties him directly to any of those spots, let alone the case in general.

being in the area, and fitting some nebulous profile, does not a ripper suspect make.

Comment

being in the area, and fitting some nebulous profile, does not a ripper suspect make.
          I'd say that actually living in the area, as opposed to the next district, is pretty important, and there's nothing nebulous about facts.
          Last edited by Sam Flynn; 12-13-2018, 08:55 AM.
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

I'd say that actually living in the area, as opposed to the next district, is pretty important, and there's "nebulous" about facts.
            agree-unless that person living in the next district- his known work route took him near the murder sites, was known to be near a murdered victim and has a documented connection to the case, as lech was.

Not so much for mr Levy then.

but then again, since you think that theres a huge probability that the ripper is an unamed person, i guess that rules out Levy too ? ; )

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
              Nope. Before Kosminski can be linked to one or more of the sites, he is not even a suspect in the real sense of the word. More people root for him, but that's just old habits, nothing else. None of them can link him in any way.
              This is purely a suspect driven stance. You are fitting evidence to your suspect. You are claiming that site linking (your suspect, who isn't a suspect, but a witness) is more viable than a witness pointing to someone and saying, that's the man I saw. The latter is evidence driven, not suspect driven. Besides we have his name as an official suspect from the principles involved.

Robert House's book develops plenty of connections to sites near important scenes.

The point is that your 'site link' criteria is really just a special one you made up for your POI for this particular comparison.
              Last edited by Batman; 12-13-2018, 09:09 AM.
              Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Also, a witness pointing out Kozminski is site linking him in this instance.

Comment

but then again, since you think that theres a huge probability that the ripper is an unamed person, i guess that rules out Levy too ? ; )
                  Nice one Of course my point is that, given the size of the local population, it's unlikely that we'd be lucky enough to find the Ripper in the vanishingly small number of people who were directly connected with the case. Subsequent discoveries of plausible candidates will, by definition, unearth new names of course, and we should consider them on their merits. Jacob Levy is a reasonable candidate, with a lot more going for him than many, but I've no doubt that there are many others out there.
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
                    Also, a witness pointing out Kozminski is site linking him in this instance.
                    absolutely. kosminski is the ONLY suspect that there is any possible direct evidence(and legal evidence at that-eyewitness testimony) against-a possible ID. Three police name him. Nothing rules him out.

Hes a valid suspect.
                    Last edited by Abby Normal; 12-13-2018, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• Tracey Ianson who was already mentioned did quite a compelling list of points for Jacob Levy found here. https://www.jtrforums.com/showthread.php?t=10323

Comment

• Doesn't anybody read the Rip anymore? Joseph and Jacob were related, etc., etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
                          Doesn't anybody read the Rip anymore? Joseph and Jacob were related, etc., etc.

http://www.mangodesign.biz/rip124.pdf
                          Thanks again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                            If Levy was the killer and disposed of the rag, why did he not do so before he reached this home? Why pass his home and drop it in Goulston Street and then return back to Middlesex Street?

And if the rag was not in place during P C Longs first visit to Goulston Street, then what are we looking at? A killer who went home and took the rag with himself, and who then decided that he needed to go out and throw it in Goulston Street half an hour later? When he could have stashed it in his home until the coppers were off the street, and then quietly burnt it?

I´m all for thinking that the Goulston Street discarding place may point us in the direction of the killers dwellings, but I think the suggestion that the rag was dropped inbetween these two points has much more going for it than any idea that the murderer walked past his home to drop it and then returned home. It makes very little sense.
                            I agree.A double event,2 police forces "looking" for him,he was heading to his "base" directly.I think if he was living alone he could just bring home the apron and as you say burn it or finish cleaning at home,this might point to he had to mingle with people or live with them.

---
                            Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                            M. Pacana

Comment

End of month and "around the 8th" are two different things, so which is it to be? That said, we only have five data points, which isn't much to go on in terms of establishing a meaningful pattern from the dates. It's worse, actually, because the Double Event happened on one day, so we've only got four data points at our disposal. And these four days are merely the ones on which the killer was successful, so goodness knows how many other times he ventured out only to return empty-handed. I find it hard to believe that he struck lucky every single time he went a-hunting.
                              Both, as the dates show,as posted before end of the month until or and 8th or near around these dates.I believe in Blotchy as Mary's killer.It's simple he visits the district for work,etc. and leaves.A salesman/farmer in Spitalfields Market, from who knows where - another county,Germany,France,Holland,sells his goods at these dates, both dates separately or end of the month until 8th and leaves and repeat.You are making it complicated than it should.
                              Spitalfields Market was a big produce market.

-----
                              Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                              M. Pacana

Comment

• Originally posted by Varqm View Post
                                You are making it complicated than it should.
                                What? Suggesting that a local person committed the murders is more complicated than believing that a visitor was responsible? Why didn't that commuter commit similar murders elsewhere, or did he only ever feel like killing when he was in Spitalfields?
                                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Working...
                                X