Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
    Michael Ostrog has a link to the case. He was named by a senior policeman.

Does that make him a stronger suspect than Levy, even though we know it was impossible for Ostrog to have carried out the murders?

How many serial killers have "links" to the case before they are identified?
    ostrog was in jail in france at the time, so hes ruled out.

many serial killers do.

but all suspects do. or else they wouldnt be a suspect.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
      Swanson talks about the specific event of his death... while he was still alive.

So he can't be right, can he?
      wrong on details
      right on suspects name.

you getting tired of this yet batman? I am
      "Is all that we see or seem
      but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Michael Ostrog has a link to the case. He was named by a senior policeman.

Does that make him a stronger suspect than Levy, even though we know it was impossible for Ostrog to have carried out the murders?

I think you must accept that case "links" come in three types:

1/ Those we know were suggested to possibly be linked by the contemporary police (like Ostrog)

2/ Those we know were certified to be linked by the contemporary police (like "Kosminski")

3/ Those we know WERE actually linked to the case (like Lechmere)

Jacob Levy belongs to neither category.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
          ostrog was in jail in france at the time, so hes ruled out.
          So that's a no, then?

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
          many serial killers do.

but all suspects do. or else they wouldnt be a suspect.
          Numerous convicted serial killers were never on the police's radar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
            So when did somebody suggest that this was so? Why bring it up when nobody champions the idea?
            Suggests what is so?

The suggestion put forward is that this is one piece of circumstantial evidence pointing at him and not away from him.

If during the murders Levy was a docile patient who was weak, bed-ridden, slept long hours at night, this would not point at him being JtR but away from him.

Levy's case seems to point at him.

That's all.

However, it compounds with other circumstantial evidence to make the larger circumstantial case for him.
            Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

3/ Those we know WERE actually linked to the case (like Lechmere)
              ...as witnesses.

Comment

Suggests what is so?

The suggestion put forward is that this is one piece of circumstantial evidence pointing at him and not away from him.

If during the murders Levy was a docile patient who was weak, bed-ridden, slept long hours at night, this would not point at him being JtR but away from him.

Levy's case seems to point at him.

That's all.

However, it compounds with other circumstantial evidence to make the larger circumstantial case for him.
                You wrote "Serial Killers having a mental illness does not make the mentally ill serial killers."

I pointed out that nobody has suggested that this was so.

Levy´s case seems to YOU to point to him. Its not as if we all agree that he looks like a solid candidate.

And as you say - that's all.

Comment

...as witnesses.
                  Lechmere is also a suspect. You may have forgotten that. If you can prove that people who testify cannot be killers your point will be valid. Can you?

By the way, even if he was nothing but a witness, he is still linked to the case. Unlike Levy. And that was the point I made.

Comment

• An insane butcher and convicted criminal who stayed up nights and lived between the Mitre Sq. murder and the GSG and who had contracted syphilis and who died in a lunatic asylum shortly after the murders is apparently not a strong suspect.

Just gloss over that chap and let's go chasing someone far more appealing with links to the case.

What suspect even comes close to Jacob Levy?

Kozminski and Levy has him beat in certain departments.

Also, it is not like Kozminski is the only one with a possible witness connection here is it?

Looks like we may have a link between Joseph Levy, the Eddowes witness and Jacob Levy.

That's got a lot of explanatory power right there.
                    Last edited by Batman; 12-13-2018, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Numerous convicted serial killers were never on the police's radar.
                      What has that got to do with anything but a desire on your behalf to regard Levy as a good suspect? What Abby said was that before you are linked to a case, you won't become a suspect. Address that instead of moving the goalposts, if you please.

Comment

Lechmere is also a suspect. You may have forgotten that. If you can prove that people who testify cannot be killers your point will be valid. Can you?

By the way, even if he was nothing but a witness, he is still linked to the case. Unlike Levy. And that was the point I made.
                        Lechmere lives outside of the geoprofile. Levy doesn't. Levy is in the green zone around Middlesex St.

In terms of geoprofiling, Levy is the stronger candidate.

Comment

What suspect even comes close to Jacob Levy?
                          Levy does not come close to being a suspect, Batman. It is that harsh, I'm afraid. Just like Abby pointed out, you cannot become a suspect in legal terms before you are linked to a case.

I know quite well that many regard him as a suspect, and that he has that kind of status out here. It would be a case of libel for a paper to name him even, for that very reason.

Comment

Levy does not come close to being a suspect, Batman. It is that harsh, I'm afraid. Just like Abby pointed out, you cannot become a suspect in legal terms before you are linked to a case.

I know quite well that many regard him as a suspect, and that he has that kind of status out here. It would be a case of libel for a paper to name him even, for that very reason.
                            Who comes close? I didn't say he was a suspect. Just which suspect comes close.

It's a simple question.

He is public knowledge though because he has a conviction. So it's fine to discuss his criminal potential.

Comment

Well, he's linked now, whether we like it or not. He has been named as a suspect in hindsight, which is precisely the position with Charles Cross.
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Lechmere lives outside of the geoprofile. Levy doesn't. Levy is in the green zone around Middlesex St.

In terms of geoprofiling, Levy is the stronger candidate.
                                Yes, in terms off your geoprofile, Levy is the better candidate - as long as we look at the home addresses only and do not allow for the fact that we know that Lechmere passed through the killing fields.

But Levy would not even be looked into by the police unless somebody reported him and that report was taken seriously. He has no links to the case whatsoever, and the police do not begin their search by asking people who they think would be likely candidates of having committed a specific crime.

It seems he is your wet dream, so go ahead and link him. Never mind me.

Comment

Working...
                                X