Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Sam Flynn 2 hours ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Batman 2 hours ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Sam Flynn 2 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Why Didn't the Police Have Schwartz and/or Lawende Take a Look at Hutchinson? - by Sam Flynn 2 hours ago.
General Discussion: My profile of the ripper - by Harry D 2 hours ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Harry D 3 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - (11 posts)
Motive, Method and Madness: Time after Time: Did JtR have a watch? - (10 posts)
Hutchinson, George: Why Didn't the Police Have Schwartz and/or Lawende Take a Look at Hutchinson? - (9 posts)
Torso Killings: JtR failed amputation. Torso killer was successful. - (2 posts)
Shades of Whitechapel: The Christie Case - (1 posts)
General Discussion: My profile of the ripper - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Motive, Method and Madness

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #881  
Old 11-21-2018, 11:35 AM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Here is the hot zone with Tabram included.

Shifts the hot zone slightly north between Heneage Street and Booth Street on Brick Lane.

It's amazing how congruent this hot zone line is with the Mitre St., to Goulston St., apron line. Virtually the same thing.

Any persons of interest between Heneage Street and Booth Street on Brick Lane?
please define hot zone
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #882  
Old 11-21-2018, 11:52 AM
Batman Batman is online now
Superintendent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,863
Default

The anchor point around which JtR radiates out from.
__________________
Bona fide canonical and then some.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #883  
Old 11-21-2018, 04:49 PM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
The anchor point around which JtR radiates out from.
Thanks. Radiates out from where? His home?
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #884  
Old 11-21-2018, 05:03 PM
Batman Batman is online now
Superintendent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
Thanks. Radiates out from where? His home?
For JtR this looks like he was going back to where he was living. Doss houses were shut at that hour as were pubs. He would have to arrive home shortly after the time in which he murdered his victims and he would have to do so unchallengedly by others.

I find the matter rather odd that such an individual wouldn't stand out with door to door searches given most houses in these areas had 30 odd people or more living in each one.
__________________
Bona fide canonical and then some.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #885  
Old 11-21-2018, 05:28 PM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
For JtR this looks like he was going back to where he was living. Doss houses were shut at that hour as were pubs. He would have to arrive home shortly after the time in which he murdered his victims and he would have to do so unchallengedly by others.

I find the matter rather odd that such an individual wouldn't stand out with door to door searches given most houses in these areas had 30 odd people or more living in each one.
Hi bat thanks. So sorry for being so daft but:

The map shows a red blob in the middle. This area is where we would most likely find his home/ where he was staying correct?
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #886  
Old 11-21-2018, 05:31 PM
Batman Batman is online now
Superintendent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
Hi bat thanks. So sorry for being so daft but:

The map shows a red blob in the middle. This area is where we would most likely find his home/ where he was staying correct?
Yes. Green areas are lesser probability and red the highest..
__________________
Bona fide canonical and then some.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #887  
Old 11-21-2018, 05:53 PM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Yes. Green areas are lesser probability and red the highest..
Thank you batman. It might be cool to plot where some of the local suspects lived in relation to this.
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #888  
Old 11-21-2018, 06:44 PM
Batman Batman is online now
Superintendent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,863
Default

https://www.casebook.org/ripper_medi...morley/79.html

https://www.casebook.org/witnesses/w..._Hardiman.html

https://www.casebook.org/dissertations/rip-cousin.html
__________________
Bona fide canonical and then some.

Last edited by Batman : 11-21-2018 at 06:54 PM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #889  
Old 11-21-2018, 08:08 PM
J6123 J6123 is offline
Detective
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
For JtR this looks like he was going back to where he was living. Doss houses were shut at that hour as were pubs. He would have to arrive home shortly after the time in which he murdered his victims and he would have to do so unchallengedly by others.

I find the matter rather odd that such an individual wouldn't stand out with door to door searches given most houses in these areas had 30 odd people or more living in each one.
Hi Batman. That's interesting. Robert Anderson did say a conclusion was drawn after the house-to-house search. That conclusion was that the killer was a lower-class Polish Jew living with his people, and that Jews of a certain lower-class would not give up one of their number to gentile justice. Obviously he was criticized harshly for stating this, and yes he may have been wrong, but given that there was a heavy population of lower-class Jews within the circle of murders, plus the murders were apparently committed in areas which had the greatest concentrations of lower-class Jews (there is an ordnance map I believe which shows this to be the case), plus the direction the Ripper travelled after killing Eddowes pointed back into that area, plus some witnesses described a Jewish looking suspect; and all of a sudden, Anderson's statement, apparently an anti-Semitic, bigoted and wreckless accusation, may actually have been a very reasonable deduction to have come to, by a man who, as he said, investigated the facts. And the result proved......
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #890  
Old 11-21-2018, 08:17 PM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J6123 View Post
Hi Batman. That's interesting. Robert Anderson did say a conclusion was drawn after the house-to-house search. That conclusion was that the killer was a lower-class Polish Jew living with his people, and that Jews of a certain lower-class would not give up one of their number to gentile justice. Obviously he was criticized harshly for stating this, and yes he may have been wrong, but given that there was a heavy population of lower-class Jews within the circle of murders, plus the murders were apparently committed in areas which had the greatest concentrations of lower-class Jews (there is an ordnance map I believe which shows this to be the case), plus the direction the Ripper travelled after killing Eddowes pointed back into that area, plus some witnesses described a Jewish looking suspect; and all of a sudden, Anderson's statement, apparently an anti-Semitic, bigoted and wreckless accusation, may actually have been a very reasonable deduction to have come to, by a man who, as he said, investigated the facts. And the result proved......
Inconclusive
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.