Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Batman 5 hours ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Batman 6 hours ago.
Mary Jane Kelly: Did Mary Kelly meet the Bethnal Green Botherer? - by Abby Normal 6 hours ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Abby Normal 7 hours ago.
Mary Jane Kelly: Did Mary Kelly meet the Bethnal Green Botherer? - by Wickerman 7 hours ago.
Torso Killings: JtR failed amputation. Torso killer was successful. - by Trevor Marriott 7 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - (48 posts)
Hutchinson, George: Why Didn't the Police Have Schwartz and/or Lawende Take a Look at Hutchinson? - (33 posts)
Torso Killings: JtR failed amputation. Torso killer was successful. - (17 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: Did Mary Kelly meet the Bethnal Green Botherer? - (3 posts)
General Discussion: My profile of the ripper - (1 posts)
General Discussion: A broken down masher - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Victims > Elizabeth Stride

Old 11-17-2018, 12:27 PM
Superintendent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael W Richards View Post
Ive read a lot of your posts lately and Im now convinced that you have not studied these crimes for very long.

If you want to take an antagonistic approach to the boards, np, just try and know what the hell you are talking about please.
MWR, you don't believe there is a JTR do you?

I am not taking any such approach except the ones laid out by Sugden, Rumbelow, Begg, etc.

All the C5 had their neck's cut while prostrate.

That's a major link because it's very rare.

What say thou?
Old 11-17-2018, 12:37 PM
Detective

Quote:
In the heat of the moment, unsure of what exactly happened to that point, the people most closely associated with the club agreed what should be said to the police. To minimize any suggestion that any member or person onsite at the time might be guilty of murder.
I can imagine the scenario you describe, though lies involving a number of people that have been hurriedly put together, tend to fall apart just as quickly. I think the police would likely have spotted a group lie.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 02:57 PM
Assistant Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
MWR, you don't believe there is a JTR do you?

I do not believe that there was any serial boogyman, no. I believe someone mentally ill killed 2, perhaps 3 women within the Canonical Group.

I am not taking any such approach except the ones laid out by Sugden, Rumbelow, Begg, etc.

Since you mention these fine researchers/authors Ill let you know that I asked Stewart Evans on here in the past what he thinks, and its in line with my own thoughts.

All the C5 had their neck's cut while prostrate.

There is no evidence that was the case in all the C5, and it certainly isnt the case with Liz Stride.

That's a major link because it's very rare.

If they all had that in common, sure, but all there is.. as of this very moment.. is speculation about that.
Batman, see the cases for what they are. They are murdered women who are linked by modern and contemporary supposition, with only a very few cases having matching MO and knife type and style signatures. There is no evidence for anything resembling a Motive in any of them, (thats why a lack of one is speculated), there is great dissimilarity with some, and the Canonical Group, a group of Five selected from a file of over 12 victims, is a theory, not some fact you can rest your hopes on.
Old 11-17-2018, 03:04 PM
Assistant Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by etenguy View Post
I can imagine the scenario you describe, though lies involving a number of people that have been hurriedly put together, tend to fall apart just as quickly. I think the police would likely have spotted a group lie.
They might have, if there were so many differing accounts. eagle and Diemshutz likely cooked up the premise..no one saw anything and Louis found her after 1am..and Sunday night they add Israel, a friend of Wess's, to suggest an onsite beginning to the murder, by a gentile. Problem for those guys was they didnt have time to huddle with other members to get them on the same page, thats why Issac's account disagrees with Louis and Eagle, as does Heschbergs and Gillens. And Spooners too, someone with nothing to lose and no reason to lie...like Fanny. Or James Brown.

4 people said they were by the body near 12:45...tell me, do we have 4 people corroboration in ANY other alleged Ripper murder? And yet people want to believe that the people who bore the greatest risk to their livelihood were more truthful.

I think every Ripperologist needs to have an understanding of average people before they tackle killers.
Old 11-17-2018, 03:46 PM
Superintendent

Quote:
Batman, see the cases for what they are. They are murdered women who are linked by modern and contemporary supposition, with only a very few cases having matching MO and knife type and style signatures. There is no evidence for anything resembling a Motive in any of them, (thats why a lack of one is speculated), there is great dissimilarity with some, and the Canonical Group, a group of Five selected from a file of over 12 victims, is a theory, not some fact you can rest your hopes on.
My signature reads "canonical and then some..." meaning I probably accept a C6 at the very least.

This case is classic lust murder escalation with an anchor point around Flower & Dean.

The C5 are linked by the way they had their throats cut while prostrate. All the medical examiners note clearly, no blood down front.