Patterns of behavior and Tumblety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Varqm View Post
    Levy "accurately" determined Chapman's height at 5 feet.When it came to "heights" Levy was a better witness than Lawende.
    Just by this simple fact and Long's testimony Tumblety could be eliminated as a suspect..

---
    It should say "Levy "accurately" determined Eddowe's height at 5 feet.

----
    Last edited by Varqm; 11-14-2018, 09:10 PM.
    Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
    M. Pacana

Comment

Originally posted by Hercule Poirot View Post
      We need to be careful with witness statements taken by the police or witness testimonies given in the inquiries regarding possible JTR suspects. We're talking about night time observations often made from a distance. Stewart Evans shared his personal experience with testimonies and statements: https://www.casebook.org/dissertations/rn-witness.html

As for one's height, it's would have probably been the easiest thing to disguise if it needed to be increased or decreased. The average temperatures during the murder events being around 50 F and in London's rainiest season, men would wear overcoats or capes conceiling the method used. In my novel, 'My Ripper Hunting Days' one of my characters explains how it could be done.

Cheers,
      Hecule Poirot
      But still comparing two people standing close to each other was better than just estimating without comparing,and height need not be mentioned,only if one was taller than the other.Levy happened to estimate Eddowe's height correctly,so I gave more credibility to his estimate,3 inches taller or a bit taller and to a lesser degree Long as well.
      As far as any other descriptions,sure people could make mistakes.As I posted before people are thinking about something else when an incident occurred as opposed to preparing to observe it,so they are bound to miss things or things could be unclear.They even go as afar as using hypnosis to induce "accuracy".

-----
      Last edited by Varqm; 11-14-2018, 09:18 PM.
      Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
      M. Pacana

Comment

Working...
      X