Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - by Batman 3 hours ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - by harry 3 hours ago.
Tumblety, Francis: Patterns of behavior and Tumblety - by Hercule Poirot 3 hours ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - by MrBarnett 3 hours ago.
Mary Jane Kelly: Was Mary Kelly a Ripper victim? - by Trevor Marriott 4 hours ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - by MrBarnett 4 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - (95 posts)
Non-Fiction: Jack and the Thames Torso Murders: A New Ripper? - (22 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: Was Mary Kelly a Ripper victim? - (13 posts)
Scene of the Crimes: The Bucks Row Project Summary Report. - (6 posts)
Tumblety, Francis: Patterns of behavior and Tumblety - (2 posts)
Letters and Communications: I'm not a butcher, I'm not a Yid...... - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Victims > Mary Jane Kelly

View Poll Results: Was Mary Kelly a Ripper victim?
Yes 64 83.12%
No 9 11.69%
Undecided 4 5.19%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #771  
Old 11-09-2018, 10:53 AM
Darryl Kenyon Darryl Kenyon is offline
Detective
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 299
Default

So the argument that Mary's killer could not possibly be the same man who murdered Annie and Kate because in their murders he showed anatomical knowledge while in Mary's he did not is now defunct?
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #772  
Old 11-09-2018, 12:17 PM
Trevor Marriott Trevor Marriott is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Kenyon View Post
So the argument that Mary's killer could not possibly be the same man who murdered Annie and Kate because in their murders he showed anatomical knowledge while in Mary's he did not is now defunct?
If you accept that the killer of eddowes and chapman did not remove the organs the he showed no anatomical knowledge in their murders

If you also accept that the killer of Kelly did not remove ana take away the heart then you have to accept that no anatomical knowledge was shown in her murder either so that may link the three to the same killer.

I say may

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #773  
Old 11-09-2018, 02:21 PM
etenguy etenguy is offline
Detective
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
If you accept that the killer of eddowes and chapman did not remove the organs the he showed no anatomical knowledge in their murders.

If you also accept that the killer of Kelly did not remove ana take away the heart then you have to accept that no anatomical knowledge was shown in her murder either so that may link the three to the same killer.

I say may

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
How can we possibly accept these two assertions. The idea that qualified medical professionals would take organs from bodies that are part of the most infamous murder spree of the time, especially where the mutilation and organ harvesting is one of the defining features, beggars belief.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #774  
Old 11-09-2018, 03:52 PM
Trevor Marriott Trevor Marriott is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by etenguy View Post
How can we possibly accept these two assertions. The idea that qualified medical professionals would take organs from bodies that are part of the most infamous murder spree of the time, especially where the mutilation and organ harvesting is one of the defining features, beggars belief.
The qualified medical professionals you refer to were made up of doctors,surgeons, medical students and anatomists, all capable of removing organs in double quick time.

Much of what ripperology is made up of also beggars belief

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #775  
Old 11-10-2018, 12:08 AM
Varqm Varqm is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varqm View Post
Robert Mann was able to secure Nichol's body from "organ harvesting " then there's no reason to doubt he did it with Chapman's.

----
The only mistake was undressing/washing the body.,Phillips complained (Chapman). In Nichols case it was the inmate's fault.In Chapman's case we do not know who was telling the truth/lie.Whether somebody illegally procured organs was a non-issue.

Nichols

James Hatfield, an inmate of the Whitechapel Workhouse,said he accompanied Mann, the last witness, to the mortuary,
and undressed the deceased. Inspector Helson was not there.
[Coroner] Who gave you instructions to do all this? - No one gave us any. We did it to have the body ready for the doctor.

Chapman

Mr. George Baxter Phillips: "No. Sarah Simonds, a resident nurse at the Whitechapel Infirmary ","She was directed by
Inspector Chandler to undress it,".

Inspector Chandler: "I did not instruct the nurses to undress the body and to wash it."


- Chandler had credibility issues with the handkerchief.

Inspector Chandler, recalled

[Coroner] Did you see the handkerchief taken off the body? - I did not. The nurses must have taken it off the throat.
[Coroner] How do you know? - I don't know.
[Coroner] Then you are guessing? - I am guessing.
The Coroner: That is all wrong, you know. (To the jury). He is really not the proper man to have been left in charge.

-----
__________________
Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced, otherwise people run back to the hills,no towns).
M. Pacana

Last edited by Varqm : 11-10-2018 at 12:13 AM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #776  
Old 11-10-2018, 12:53 AM
Trevor Marriott Trevor Marriott is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varqm View Post
The only mistake was undressing/washing the body.,Phillips complained (Chapman). In Nichols case it was the inmate's fault.In Chapman's case we do not know who was telling the truth/lie.Whether somebody illegally procured organs was a non-issue.
-----
There were no organs found missing from Nichols when they did the post mortem, and why was that? If it was supposed to be the same killer who was intent on harvesting organs, none missing from Tabram, Stride, Kelly any of the later victims

The simple answer is that her abdomen was not ripped open enough for anyone at the mortuary to be able to remove organs in a way they were removed from the other two victims without possible discovery, because the doctors would have noticed any later attempt to open up the abdomen more than was first observed at the crime scenes and initially at the mortuaries.

It should also be noted that in support of the above out of all the victims it is strange that the only two who were found missing organs were the only two who had their abdomens ripped open to the extent anyone wanting to remove organs would not have had to open the abdomens any further to be able to access the organs and remove them.

We simply do not know who came, and went and what they did at the mortuaries during those 12 hours windows when the bodies were left.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #777  
Old 11-10-2018, 03:38 AM
Michael W Richards Michael W Richards is offline
Assistant Commissioner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,359
Default

I cant help but notice Trevor that the reason for taking any organs, whether it happened by the killer or after the fact by morticians, is absent from these discussions.

Motive.

Something delusional would be preferable to me in some of the organ removals, rather than a contrived and sober act, because a sober act would infer a meaningful purpose. To that end, is it your opinion that the organs were for sale or perhaps for research?

A trophy, or as a reminder, seems more likely to me. We are in the process here in Toronto of starting a trial for a 60 something year old landscaper who is charged with the murder of 8 individuals over a 7 year period. He planted some of the remains in decorative planters he tended to around his own, and clients, properties. Speculation about why he would do that... rather than much more logically disposing of the remains in a large forested ravine just off his property... has included his desire to revisit the crimes by being able to get in close proximity to the remains.

Although I believe Tumblety to be a weakish premise, the jars with uteri does make some sense if trophies were the objective.
__________________
Michael Richards
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #778  
Old 11-10-2018, 04:03 AM
Trevor Marriott Trevor Marriott is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael W Richards View Post
I cant help but notice Trevor that the reason for taking any organs, whether it happened by the killer or after the fact by morticians, is absent from these discussions.

Motive.

Something delusional would be preferable to me in some of the organ removals, rather than a contrived and sober act, because a sober act would infer a meaningful purpose. To that end, is it your opinion that the organs were for sale or perhaps for research?

A trophy, or as a reminder, seems more likely to me. We are in the process here in Toronto of starting a trial for a 60 something year old landscaper who is charged with the murder of 8 individuals over a 7 year period. He planted some of the remains in decorative planters he tended to around his own, and clients, properties. Speculation about why he would do that... rather than much more logically disposing of the remains in a large forested ravine just off his property... has included his desire to revisit the crimes by being able to get in close proximity to the remains.

Although I believe Tumblety to be a weakish premise, the jars with uteri does make some sense if trophies were the objective.
Hi
I take on board what you say

However if the organs were taken as trophies at the crime scenes the we first have to ask did the killer have time to take them?

And if as is suggested why were no organs removed from any other victims other than chapman and eddowes

If he did remove the organs from both of the and my latest research shows he didn’t then
we have to the ask if organ
harvesting was the motive then why did he take the same organ twice,and why did he remove it using two different procedures,that fact alone in my opinion rules out butchers and slaughterers

Again I say mitre sq is key to the organ removal issues

As to Tumblety the uteri seen were some years previous I believe and if he had a collection would he want more. I would suggest you read the chapter on his suspect viability in my book

www.trevormarriott.co.uk

Last edited by Trevor Marriott : 11-10-2018 at 04:06 AM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #779  
Old 11-10-2018, 08:03 AM
Wickerman Wickerman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
....

We simply do not know who came, and went and what they did at the mortuaries during those 12 hours windows when the bodies were left.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
We do have an account of a constable posted at the mortuary, as is required, to stop unauthorized people gaining access to the body.
__________________
Regards, Jon S.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #780  
Old 11-10-2018, 08:24 AM
Trevor Marriott Trevor Marriott is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickerman View Post
We do have an account of a constable posted at the mortuary, as is required, to stop unauthorized people gaining access to the body.
As is required ?

He would have been stationed outside. That was to stop members of the public from gawking not to curtail the daily workings of the mortuary, and besides he didnt remain there all the time did he?, and doctors, surgeons, medical students, and anatomists were authorized persons to have access to the mortuary and I am sure if any of those did attend as i suggest they would have at least taken a look at the body under its sheet. and could have quickly removed the organ from Chapman.

What have you got a mortuary keeper who it would seem wasn't the full ticket, who didnt know his arse from his elbow
Evidential conflicts involving all of those who were involved at the mortuary, and we are asked to accept all of this because it props up the old theory, what a load of old tosh.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk

Last edited by Trevor Marriott : 11-10-2018 at 08:31 AM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.