Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Jack leave his fingerprints on Mary Jane Kelly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
    If bloody fingerprints were on the body, they would have been mentioned in the police and doctor's reports.
    Even if fingerprinting as a means of identification was not used in 1888?

Comment

Yes, it would still have been reported.

Comment

If bloody fingerprints were on the body, they would have been mentioned in the police and doctor's reports.
        Would three or four small blood smears on a woman's stocking have made the cut, so to speak?
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
          Indeed. A piece of string or bootlace could be used as an improvised "garter" to hold a stocking in place, in much the same way as tramps sometimes use a piece of rope or an old necktie in lieu of a belt, to hold their trousers up.
          None of the women killed were dressed in rags.
          They had clothes.
          Skirts , boddice etc ..... yes , worn maybe but they still took pride in their appearance as shown by the folded clothes in 13 Miller's court .
          The clean clothes left behind .
          They were in no way comparable to tramps .
          If there was one garter , there would have been two.
          It would be a major presumption to believe it to be one with nothing to back it up
          You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
            More than think, it is reading about the historical Whitechapel life of unfortunates tells us these things.

As for toes... oh the wealth!

MJK was maybe a tad better off than the other JtR victims, but that doesn't say much as we are looking at individuals who are borderline destitute. "Homeless" females on the streets being picked off by a serial offender. MJK had trouble paying rent. Several weeks in arrears.
            So you believe she could only afford one piece of frayed string despite the nail polish ?

Comment

I have a sneaking suspicion that fingerprints weren't something they were too aware of in 1888, but if JtR had murdered after 1890, they would have been. That the body was washed down by the doctor's assistants before the analysis began. Those assistants weren't very good at following orders sometimes. Like how they undressed Nichols.

If a better copy of the alt photograph ever appears we might just have the tips of his prints for a few digits.

I wonder if height can be estimated by hand size.
              Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by packers stem View Post
                None of the women killed were dressed in rags.
                I think you'll find that many of the victims' clothing wasn't in the best state of repair. Not that that was my point.
                They were in no way comparable to tramps .
                I didn't.
                If there was one garter , there would have been two.
                I have reason to believe that she was killed with one stocking still on.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

I wonder if height can be estimated by hand size.
                  Only if you're a horse
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Only if you're a horse
                    Neighhhhh.. .. I think we can get a good estimate from humans too.

The formulated regression equation using hand length, age and gender provides a valid estimation of height and is useful in the clinical context. PH from this regression equation can be used in BMI calculations as misclassification is small.

Comment

Neighhhhh.. .. I think we can get a good estimate from humans too.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24169457
                      Interesting, but I don't think we'd get much mileage from the Kelly photograph for a number of reasons. We don't have the imprint of the entire hand, only three (or four) fingers. Of those, we don't know whether the smears were made by the entirety of each finger or just a couple of phalanges from each. We also don't know the configuration of the hand when it left the prints, e.g. were the fingers slightly curled or entirely flat? Were the prints made in one "visit", so to speak, or was the leg gripped more than once, resulting in prints and smudges being overlaid one on top of the other? Finally, we don't really have a scale against which we might calibrate our measurements, so determining the length of the smudges with any accuracy will be tricky enough, never mind the length of the rest of the hand.
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

I have reason to believe that she was killed with one stocking still on.
                        Not aware of seeing a report of a removed stocking anywhere

Comment

If a better copy of the alt photograph ever appears we might just have the tips of his prints for a few digits.
                          We'll just see the painted leg ,the thumb, the bric a brac in the abdominal cavity and the implement on the table a little better .
                          Rest assured , one will never materialise

Comment

Why should that surprise anyone?

JtR was shoveling clothes onto the fire like a train that had run out of coal.

Comment

Why should that surprise anyone?

JtR was shoveling clothes onto the fire like a train that had run out of coal.
                              But that's just making things up without cause isn't it ?
                              Plenty of neatly folded clothes left behind , much more worthwhile to burn than a couple of stockings

Comment

Originally posted by packers stem View Post
                                But that's just making things up without cause isn't it ?
                                Plenty of neatly folded clothes left behind , much more worthwhile to burn than a couple of stockings
                                We know he was throwing clothes on the fire. A fact. So if clothing is missing what do you think may have happened to them? Well it isn't a bad bet they are vaporized.

Did they go out for a ciggie break maybe? Spook Hutchinson by running around the court?

I'd say he was just throwing them from the bed to the fire which explains why they were half in, half out.

Comment

Working...
                                X