Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - by Batman 3 hours ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - by harry 3 hours ago.
Tumblety, Francis: Patterns of behavior and Tumblety - by Hercule Poirot 3 hours ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - by MrBarnett 3 hours ago.
Mary Jane Kelly: Was Mary Kelly a Ripper victim? - by Trevor Marriott 4 hours ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - by MrBarnett 4 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - (95 posts)
Non-Fiction: Jack and the Thames Torso Murders: A New Ripper? - (22 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: Was Mary Kelly a Ripper victim? - (13 posts)
Scene of the Crimes: The Bucks Row Project Summary Report. - (6 posts)
Tumblety, Francis: Patterns of behavior and Tumblety - (2 posts)
Letters and Communications: I'm not a butcher, I'm not a Yid...... - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Motive, Method and Madness

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #111  
Old 10-20-2018, 03:51 PM
Trevor Marriott Trevor Marriott is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Flynn View Post

I don't think that Jack was a "commuter" simply because he didn't "commute" anywhere else. Why would he keep coming back to the same small area, when he had all of London at his disposal?
Two reasons, the first being that it was close to where his ship was docked, and secondly, he knew where prostitutes were to be found especially late at night.

On that basis all the geo profiling permutations as shown by the caped crusader go out the window.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 10-20-2018, 04:53 PM
Batman Batman is offline
Superintendent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,552
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
Two reasons, the first being that it was close to where his ship was docked, and secondly, he knew where prostitutes were to be found especially late at night.

On that basis all the geo profiling permutations as shown by the caped crusader go out the window.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
That's why you claim the bloody apron piece was a sanitary pad that Eddowes ripped off the apron she was wearing instead of using one of the 12 pieces of white rag she had on her instead. Not only that but Eddowes, the "MacGyver" of having everything but the kitchen sink on her, also had... 1 piece of old white apron with repair. Yet she has to go rip a piece of the apron she is wearing and chuck it on Goulston St. (presumably meaning she is a suspect also for the GSG while changing her sanitary conditions) before she goes off and gets herself murdered by Trevor's Carl Feigenbaum, who apparently needs to run away south towards the docks instead of up Goulston St with the bloody apron piece and into the hot zone because presumably, it's ok to just guess Feigenbaum took a Norddeutscher Lloyd Line on the ship to London in 1888 (despite the same line running to approx 10 other places around the world he could guess from) and therefore is Jack is the Ripper.

Oh yeah, and Long needs to be blamed for not seeing the bloody apron piece, AGAIN.

I think it is fantastic that today we have DNA evidence to put the dampeners on 'fitting a suspect to some of the evidence and not all of the evidence to a suspect'. Next to imprecise witness identification you can be sure that's behind plenty of those errors of putting the wrong people in jail... or worse, death row.
__________________
Bona fide canonical and then some.

Last edited by Batman : 10-20-2018 at 04:57 PM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 10-20-2018, 05:22 PM
DJA DJA is offline
Chief Inspector
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Some Australian Mountain Range.
Posts: 1,647
Default

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBAijg5Betw
__________________
My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 10-20-2018, 06:24 PM
GUT GUT is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: I come from a land Down Under
Posts: 7,361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJA View Post
Where is that like button when you need it most.
__________________
G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 10-20-2018, 06:41 PM
MrBarnett MrBarnett is offline
Superintendent
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Romford
Posts: 2,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
Two reasons, the first being that it was close to where his ship was docked, and secondly, he knew where prostitutes were to be found especially late at night.

On that basis all the geo profiling permutations as shown by the caped crusader go out the window.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk

Trevor,

You must consider the availability of a certain type of victim at a certain time of the night, that's far too complicated for the model.

Gary
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 10-20-2018, 06:47 PM
MrBarnett MrBarnett is offline
Superintendent
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Romford
Posts: 2,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarnett View Post
Trevor,

You must consider the availability of a certain type of victim at a certain time of the night, that's far too complicated for the model.

Gary
'Musn't' not 'must'.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 10-20-2018, 11:51 PM
Trevor Marriott Trevor Marriott is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarnett View Post
Trevor,

You must consider the availability of a certain type of victim at a certain time of the night, that's far too complicated for the model.

Gary
Thats why geo profiling in these murders is flawed because there are different scenarios, which could equally apply to a lone killer, or more than one killer

If he was the lone killer of all the victims

1. He could have lived locally
2. He could have lived outside the area and came into kill, and then exited
the area
3. He could have been a sailor who arrived on a ship which docked close to
Whitechapel. ( The gaps between the murders might suggest a traveler to
the Metropolis)

4. If all the victims were not killed by the same hand, again any attempt at
geo profiling is flawed because the separate killers could be from one, or
all of the aforementioned.


www.trevormarriott.co.uk
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 10-20-2018, 11:55 PM
John G John G is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 4,435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
Two reasons, the first being that it was close to where his ship was docked, and secondly, he knew where prostitutes were to be found especially late at night.

On that basis all the geo profiling permutations as shown by the caped crusader go out the window.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
But where's the proof that all of the victims were prostitute? And if they were, that they were soliciting on the night they were murdered?
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 10-21-2018, 12:01 AM
John G John G is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 4,435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
A geographic profile isn't supposed to predict anything definite. It's a tool. A means to an end. Like using a sniffer dog. It's statistical. Sometimes the dog signals and forensics goes into look. Sometimes forensics finds something. Sometimes it doesn't. Hit or miss. However, you go look when it signals.

The geographic profiling is sending out signals from the hot zone.

Here we have the absolutely stunning fact that a hot zone which is not supposed to predict anything other than an area where nothing much is happening from which the offender radiates out from, isn't empty at all.

In fact, it has a homicide close to it and is smack on top of a very small area of interest to JtR researchers.

That is significant. Not insignificant.

Imagine today we do a geographic profile of some cold case and find that hot zone lands very near a homicide people thought might or might not be connected. The geographic profile points at it being related.

More importantly, the murder of Tabram can explain all the others murders occurring away from her. They radiate out around from her.

There is a very good reason for this. That the radiating out from Tabram was done deliberately in order to move the attention away from this area.

This is just another piece that adds to the criteria for why Tabram is a JtR victim. The victimology is there. Now we have more evidence pointing at her being a JtR victim. It all adds up.

Nothing is pointing away from this finding. Like nothing at all. The only criticism appears to be that some people's suspects don't fit here, so they don't like it. They are welcome to that, but obviously, it doesn't make these findings grow legs and run away.
But wouldn't the same apply to Emma Smith, who was attacked close to where Tabram was murdered, even though it's far from certain she was Ripper victim? In fact, it's far from certain Tabram was either.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 10-21-2018, 12:01 AM
Sam Flynn Sam Flynn is offline
Casebook Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wales
Posts: 11,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
Two reasons, the first being that it was close to where his ship was docked, and secondly, he knew where prostitutes were to be found especially late at night.
There were prostitutes aplenty in the Docks and Poplar area. No need to hoof it three miles or more into Spitalfields.
__________________
Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.