Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - by jerryd 57 minutes ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - by Batman 2 hours ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - by harry 2 hours ago.
Elizabeth Stride: For what reason do we include Stride? - by Batman 4 hours ago.
Scene of the Crimes: The Nihilist Club ie. Berner Street - by MrBarnett 4 hours ago.
Elizabeth Stride: For what reason do we include Stride? - by Michael W Richards 4 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - (40 posts)
Elizabeth Stride: For what reason do we include Stride? - (6 posts)
General Discussion: Ripper was several people... - (3 posts)
General Suspect Discussion: Kansas Physician Confirms Howard Report - (2 posts)
Scene of the Crimes: The Nihilist Club ie. Berner Street - (1 posts)
General Discussion: Eddowes' Shawl - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Suspects > Klosowski, Severin (George Chapman)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #481  
Old 10-15-2018, 06:01 AM
Batman Batman is offline
Superintendent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Flynn View Post
Mainly, your patronising tone.
This is nothing more than a deflection from the points I made because you know I am correct about this and just want to continue repeating the same erroneous conjectures despite it.

You can't quote where I have been patronizing and you instead claim it is a 'tone'.

In short, just the BTK example alone makes this strawman of immutable MO/Signature go up in flames.

Oh yeah and "saves me typing it out again". I'll borrow that line from you, thanks.

Quote:
If Dennis Rader had left no evidence behind that he was BTK and if Dennis Rader was suspected of being BTK, you would be asking did Dennis Rader strangle his victims after he abused them at work and freed the dogs of women targets so that he had an excuse as a compliance officer to take them to the vets to destroy them?

The answer would no, he didn't strangle them.

Aha, says, you, therefore he is not like BTK.

Of course, this is not like BTK.

However he is BTK.

So the question/point has FAILED clearly to accurately segregate potential candidates for BTK.

Your question/point ruled him out.

Meaning you can't ever use a difference in MO or Signature to rule anyone out.

If you don't understand this (or anyone else for that matter) then we can go through it step by step. Which part of the above statement do you have trouble with exactly?
__________________
Bona fide canonical and then some.

Last edited by Batman : 10-15-2018 at 06:04 AM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #482  
Old 10-15-2018, 06:09 AM
Sam Flynn Sam Flynn is offline
Casebook Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wales
Posts: 11,169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
You can't quote where I have been patronizing and you instead claim it is a 'tone'.
"If you don't understand this (or anyone else for that matter) then we can go through it step by step"

...struck me as patronising. Perhaps I'm over-sensitive.
Quote:
Oh yeah and "saves me typing it out again". I'll borrow that line from you, thanks.
You're welcome. I mean that

I may get back to BTK later; I'm on my mobile now, so can only type short posts.
__________________
Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #483  
Old 10-15-2018, 06:15 AM
Batman Batman is offline
Superintendent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Flynn View Post
"If you don't understand this (or anyone else for that matter) then we can go through it step by step"

...struck me as patronising. Perhaps I'm over-sensitive.You're welcome. I mean that

I may get back to BTK later; I'm on my mobile now, so can only type short posts.
What I am doing is clearly engaging you on the specifics of this exact topic because it has been brought up, oh I don't know, maybe 20 times in this thread alone. So I am getting specific after that run of patiently waiting for your acceptance or rebuttal of it. Neither of which is happening after several days.

I am not forcing you to answer it, however, I will make this point another 20 times more if needed because it easily demonstrates how your criteria for eliminating Chapman, eliminates Dennis Rader as BTK if there was no evidence tying his directly to those crimes. So, it can't be right.
__________________
Bona fide canonical and then some.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #484  
Old 10-15-2018, 07:04 AM
Trevor Marriott Trevor Marriott is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
What I am doing is clearly engaging you on the specifics of this exact topic because it has been brought up, oh I don't know, maybe 20 times in this thread alone. So I am getting specific after that run of patiently waiting for your acceptance or rebuttal of it. Neither of which is happening after several days.

I am not forcing you to answer it, however, I will make this point another 20 times more if needed because it easily demonstrates how your criteria for eliminating Chapman, eliminates Dennis Rader as BTK if there was no evidence tying his directly to those crimes. So, it can't be right.
There is absolutely no comparison between the murders committed by Chapman and the murders committed by Dennis Rader.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #485  
Old 10-15-2018, 07:30 AM
Batman Batman is offline
Superintendent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
There is absolutely no comparison between the murders committed by Chapman and the murders committed by Dennis Rader.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
Nobody is saying there is a comparison between the murders Trevor. Try reading back a few pages.
__________________
Bona fide canonical and then some.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #486  
Old 10-15-2018, 08:00 AM
Paddy Goose Paddy Goose is offline
Detective
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 172
Default

Hi Batman, let me make sure I understand.

You provided a quote from Helena's book. So you are arguing Klosowski (Chapman) makes a good Ripper suspect after you read her book. After. Did I hear that right?

Paddy
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #487  
Old 10-15-2018, 08:03 AM
Sam Flynn Sam Flynn is offline
Casebook Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wales
Posts: 11,169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy Goose View Post
Hi Batman, let me make sure I understand.

You provided a quote from Helena's book. So you are arguing Klosowski (Chapman) makes a good Ripper suspect after you read her book. After. Did I hear that right?
The same thought had occurred to me, Paddy.
__________________
Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #488  
Old 10-15-2018, 08:16 AM
Busy Beaver Busy Beaver is offline
Detective
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Lothian
Posts: 127
Default

Going back to the original question, my answer is No.
JTR did not form relationships with women in the way Chapman did- Jack killed women as soon as they took him to a dark corner, Chapman wooed them, checked out their monetary situation and then decided to get out the poison bottle. Certainly two different men who killed, with two wholly different killing personalities.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #489  
Old 10-15-2018, 08:17 AM
Sam Flynn Sam Flynn is offline
Casebook Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wales
Posts: 11,169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
If Dennis Rader had left no evidence behind that he was BTK and if Dennis Rader was suspected of being BTK, you would be asking did Dennis Rader strangle his victims after he abused them at work and freed the dogs of women targets so that he had an excuse as a compliance officer to take them to the vets to destroy them?

The answer would no, he didn't strangle them.
What Rader did in a professional capacity had no bearing on what he did as a clandestine prowler armed with a rope and a set of wire-cutters, homing in on women who had been the subjects of his masturbatory fantasies for some time.

I wouldn't expect him to have strangled a colleague, nor a "customer" of his as a dog warden, unless they too happened to be someone he was stalking. In which case he may well have bound, tortured and killed them too. And, when he killed, he went about it in the same general manner, and did similar awful things to his victims before and after death.

There is no analogy or comparison to be made with the criteria which distinguish Klosowski from the Ripper.
__________________
Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #490  
Old 10-15-2018, 08:19 AM
Jon Guy Jon Guy is offline
Superintendent
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Blighty
Posts: 2,893
Default

I can`t see what the problem with Chapman being the Ripper.
He arrives in London a surgeon`s assistant. Single, menial jobs
Possibly the Ripper.

A few years later he`s married, has his own premises and turns to poison.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.