Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Batman 26 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Batman 35 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Batman 39 minutes ago.
Conferences and Meetings: The East End Conference 2018: London - by Andrew Firth 41 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by John G 44 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Fisherman 60 minutes ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - (40 posts)
Scene of the Crimes: The Bucks Row Project Summary Report. - (33 posts)
Mary Ann Nichols: What Direction Was Polly Travelling When She Was Killed? - (18 posts)
Bury, W.H.: Bury's friend - (3 posts)
Doctors and Coroners: Sedgewick Saunders ....... why did he say the things he said ? - (1 posts)
A6 Murders: A6 Rebooted - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Suspects > Kosminski, Aaron

Old 10-11-2018, 11:55 AM
Chief Inspector

Do you have anything in the professional literature that says eviscerators can't de-escalate into other forms of crime including murder?

What is the barrier? You are saying the person really wants to eviscerate (yeah, of course) and what? That's the barrier?

Quote:
To speculate that such a man with that kind of drive would cool off and forget about his physical urges, instead opting for poisoning fiancées and waiting patiently for them to succumb and die is simply not credible in any sense of the word.
Who says he forgot about any urges? Did BTK just forget his urges? No. They can wait for long periods of time and commit other types of crimes including homicide.

There is no incredible barrier. There is no big leap. There is simply the false notion that someone who cuts open women can't poison them also or won't poison them because he has other urges?

Do you think Chapman planned on getting caught? Of course not. If it wasn't for the gallows he could go on to committing whatever crime he fancied after that and didn't have to stick to poisoning... which plenty of poisoners have done, going on to commit other crimes.

Why do you think prisons are being checked for potential serial killers? Do you know there are DNA projects to gather DEAD INMATE DNA to help solve cold cases?

How about JtR had a fear of poison and thought women were trying to poison him. Then he turned the tables on them. There are loads of angles.

H.H.Holmes not only poisoned and gassed people, he butchered them also.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:14 PM
Commisioner

If you move to the thread SUSPECTS: Klosowski, Severin: Probably not him, but ...

... I will give my answers there. If I have anything to add. I think I have been crystal clear so far.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:28 PM
Chief Inspector

It's up to yourself. Maybe another time. I'd be willing to read a modern forensic psychology paper supporting your position. That would be a good place to start.

As for the thread, halfway back a ripper mag reference puts Kozminski near Berner st and moving out shortly after the double event.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:36 PM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
It's up to yourself. Maybe another time. I'd be willing to read a modern forensic psychology paper supporting your position. That would be a good place to start.

As for the thread, halfway back a ripper mag reference puts Kozminski near Berner st and moving out shortly after the double event.
Yes, and my favourite resident in the area is Maria Louisa Lechmere, née Roulson, living at 1 Mary Ann Street at the time of the Stride murder. She actually had a son, who ... Oh, it´s a Kosminski thread!
Old 10-11-2018, 05:10 PM
Sergeant

Probably nothing to do with anything but I shall throw it in here just in case. Isaac Abrahams, Aaron's brother quit the Freemasons in March 1889

Pat....
Old 10-11-2018, 05:23 PM
Chief Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
Probably nothing to do with anything but I shall throw it in here just in case. Isaac Abrahams, Aaron's brother quit the Freemasons in March 1889

Pat....
What's your view on Freemasons back then? I am under the impression it was nothing more groups of men, many who knew each other since school days, having a ceremony in which they congratulate themselves and then proceed to get as roaring drunk as possible away from rabble which they don't want witnessing their piss-up parties.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:44 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
What's your view on Freemasons back then? I am under the impression it was nothing more groups of men, many who knew each other since school days, having a ceremony in which they congratulate themselves and then proceed to get as roaring drunk as possible away from rabble which they don't want witnessing their piss-up parties.
Groups of Local business men that had to be voted in and were part of the establishment and raised funds. Piss ups were the norm for everyone back then. The poor, in their corner pubs, the business men in their lodges and the upper classes in their clubs or social groups. Definitely agree with the congratulating themselves bit...
Pat...
Old 10-12-2018, 12:16 AM
Chief Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
Yes, and my favourite resident in the area is Maria Louisa Lechmere, née Roulson, living at 1 Mary Ann Street at the time of the Stride murder. She actually had a son, who ... Oh, it´s a Kosminski thread!
Mine too.

http://www.jtrforums.com/showthread....hlight=Roulson

Last edited by MrBarnett : 10-12-2018 at 12:22 AM.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:08 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
Do you have anything in the professional literature that says eviscerators can't de-escalate into other forms of crime including murder?
I wouldn't have thought that someone with Jack the ripper's motivation could change that driving force. An MO can change but I would think not the motivation. Chapman appears to have killed to get partners out of the way. Jack killed as he got a thrill from evisceration, two totally different motives and different victims.

Pat.............
Old 10-12-2018, 06:25 PM
Chief Inspector

https://forum.casebook.org/showthrea...115#post459115

I decided to go ahead and link up to the Chapman section for this stuff. New answer there for you.