Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Klosowski, Severin (George Chapman): Can George Chapmam reform himself to being a calculating poisoner seven years later?. - by Batman 7 minutes ago.
Klosowski, Severin (George Chapman): Can George Chapmam reform himself to being a calculating poisoner seven years later?. - by Jon Guy 8 minutes ago.
Doctors and Coroners: Sedgewick Saunders ....... why did he say the things he said ? - by Sam Flynn 52 minutes ago.
Doctors and Coroners: Sedgewick Saunders ....... why did he say the things he said ? - by packers stem 1 hour and 4 minutes ago.
Klosowski, Severin (George Chapman): Can George Chapmam reform himself to being a calculating poisoner seven years later?. - by Sam Flynn 1 hour and 29 minutes ago.
Klosowski, Severin (George Chapman): Can George Chapmam reform himself to being a calculating poisoner seven years later?. - by Sam Flynn 2 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Klosowski, Severin (George Chapman): Can George Chapmam reform himself to being a calculating poisoner seven years later?. - (52 posts)
Non-Fiction: the victims werent prostitutes - (14 posts)
Doctors and Coroners: Sedgewick Saunders ....... why did he say the things he said ? - (14 posts)
Motive, Method and Madness: Antisemitism as a diversionary tactic - (11 posts)
A6 Murders: A6 Rebooted - (4 posts)
General Suspect Discussion: Photo ID - (2 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Suspects > Kosminski, Aaron

Old 10-11-2018, 07:37 AM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
ive never ruled out Chapman on difference in MO/sig from being the ripper-ive actually got him in my top tier of valid suspects.

its hard to rule him out also because of all the other things hes got going for him-suspected by the most reliable cop on the scene, was their right in the thick of it at the time, known serial killer of women. he also threatened one of his wives with a knife and was abusive towards all. Known surgical experience.
witness descriptions dont rule him out.

that being said, the change in MO AND sig is pretty big-if he was the ripper, probably the biggest change ever for a serial killer.
Probably? What change could be bigger...?
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:42 AM
Chief Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
That should go without saying - and I never claimed anything along those lines, did I? What I instead said - and what you seemingly deny - is that media will have had a large impact on the thinking process of the serial killers of the modern world.

MO may have changed from the advent of serial crime, but the press and media coverage will have played a large role for todays killers.

No media coverage, though, will ever have reported on a serial killer who went from eviscerations to poisoning. Where are the examples of such or parallel matters I asked for, Batman?

PS. What should we call a serialist who goes from eviscerations to poisoning? "The poiscerator"? "The multitask killer"?
Oh, wait, I´ve got it: "The Jack of all trades killer"!
I am not denying that they can learn from others. I am just refuting the idea Chapman wouldn't have changed a MO because it's a modern thing.

I said that is no reason to reject that he can change his MO because he can come up with the idea himself. If you accept that latter, that he can independently acquire such knowledge meaning he can change his MO. So no barrier there. That's all I have been saying on this point and haven't changed it.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:53 AM
Chief Inspector

Quote:
I have pointed this out several times but maybe I need to actually go into the details.

BTK murdered a family violently. He was a bondage freak. He strangled/suffocated most of his victims. This was a close one to one contact with a victim. He murdered 10 people this way.

His last victim was 1991.

14 years later, and with no murders, or even so much as an assault, we find Rader is still breaking the law and gaining power over women and families, but in a totally different way. He is a compliance officer using this as cover to extract psychological terror on his victims. He doesn't even touch them. One of his victims was his co-worker Mary Capps. She is psychologically damaged because of him. He was patrolling looking for dog poop so he could deliberately invade people's lives. Measured their lawn height with a yardstick.

Here is one of his victims - https://youtu.be/UHPz931jO3A?t=2005

It was being the "King of Park City" that satisfied him.

From Serial Killer to Compliance Officer. He wasn't even murdering. Chapman poisoned.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:28 AM
Casebook Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
Known surgical experience.
That's not quite true - Kłosowski wasn't a surgeon in the modern "western" sense. If we were looking for Jack the Boil-Lancer you might be onto something.

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)
Old 10-11-2018, 08:41 AM
Commisioner

Quote:
well not Torso man to ripper-that's for sure! : )

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Old 10-11-2018, 08:42 AM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Flynn View Post
That's not quite true - Kłosowski wasn't a surgeon in the modern "western" sense. If we were looking for Jack the Boil-Lancer you might be onto something.
LOL! good one Sam!

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Old 10-11-2018, 09:03 AM
Casebook Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
If you have the book I referenced it referenced that article and a few others. Do you have that book?
I do, and it's excellent; I even have a credit in it
Quote:
Here is a quote from the book.

Pressmen saw Chapman for the very first time. The Daily Mail said he appeared ‘haggard and distressed’, and that his fingers ‘clutched in agitation’ at his nautical pilot’s cap. The blue of his double-breasted, serge sailor’s suit ‘intensified his pallor, and he seemed to feel the full significance of the accusation’.
Again - this was not his trial, but his initial hearing at Southwark Police Court prior to his trial at the Old Bailey. So your assertion that he "dressed like a sailor at his trial" was incorrect, as I've already pointed said.

The fact that a Daily Mail reporter described him thus does not mean that he was "dressed like a sailor", anymore than someone wearing cowboy boots means that they're dressed like a cowboy. A journalist might describe them thus, but that's just a way of conveying a picture to the reader. From contemporary illustrations, he seems to have been wearing fairly ordinary clothes, the cap notwithstanding.

If your Kindle copy of Helena's book contains illustrations, one of them shows him leaving the Police Court, and there are others of him during those proceedings; even a couple of mugshot photos. In none of these does he look much like a sailor to me.

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Last edited by Sam Flynn : 10-11-2018 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:21 AM
Chief Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Flynn View Post
I do, and it's excellent; I even have a credit in it

Again - this was not his trial, but his initial hearing at Southwark Police Court prior to his trial at the Old Bailey. So your assertion that he "dressed like a sailor at his trial" was incorrect, as I've already pointed said.

The fact that a Daily Mail reporter described him thus does not mean that he was "dressed like a sailor", anymore than someone wearing cowboy boots means that they're dressed like a cowboy. A journalist might describe them thus, but that's just a way of conveying a picture to the reader. From contemporary illustrations, he seems to have been wearing fairly ordinary clothes, the cap notwithstanding.

If your Kindle copy of Helena's book contains illustrations, one of them shows him leaving the Police Court, and there are others of him during those proceedings; even a couple of mugshot photos. In none of these does he look much like a sailor to me.
It's obviously an observation by someone who was there, unlike us. I know you might not like that he is described as wearing a nautical cap and navy style clothing but it's a fact of the matter. He even bought a boat. The Mosquito. Donned his nautical suit and P&O cap and boasted that he one day cross the Boulogue.

If you have read her book then you are doing your best to miss all this.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:32 AM
Commisioner

Quote:
I am not denying that they can learn from others. I am just refuting the idea Chapman wouldn't have changed a MO because it's a modern thing.

I said that is no reason to reject that he can change his MO because he can come up with the idea himself. If you accept that latter, that he can independently acquire such knowledge meaning he can change his MO. So no barrier there. That's all I have been saying on this point and haven't changed it.
I accept that killers can change their MO. It is in evidence, so I would not refute it.
What I would refute, however, is that a serial killer with an urge for cutting and eviscerating would turn into a serial poisoner. That will not happen, as far as I´m concerned. It is completely unlikely for reasons that should be obvious.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:37 AM
Commisioner

Quote:
I have pointed this out several times but maybe I need to actually go into the details.

BTK murdered a family violently. He was a bondage freak. He strangled/suffocated most of his victims. This was a close one to one contact with a victim. He murdered 10 people this way.

His last victim was 1991.

14 years later, and with no murders, or even so much as an assault, we find Rader is still breaking the law and gaining power over women and families, but in a totally different way. He is a compliance officer using this as cover to extract psychological terror on his victims. He doesn't even touch them. One of his victims was his co-worker Mary Capps. She is psychologically damaged because of him. He was patrolling looking for dog poop so he could deliberately invade people's lives. Measured their lawn height with a yardstick.

Here is one of his victims - https://youtu.be/UHPz931jO3A?t=2005

It was being the "King of Park City" that satisfied him.

From Serial Killer to Compliance Officer. He wasn't even murdering. Chapman poisoned.
I have little doubt that Rader will have been a control freak as a killer too. Control will quite probably have been the ingredient he relished most during his murders.

His refraining from murder does not make him a good comparison to a man who goes from arguably the most intimate and hands-on type of murder to a distanced career as a poisoner. There is nothing apt in the comparison at all in my view.

What other serial killer has engaged in two such different types of murder? I ask you again. If you have no examples, then just say so.