Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was the ripper and also the torsomans crimes totally non sexual in nature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
    You could argue that all serial killings are psychosexually motivated. That's why serial killers almost invariably target the gender they are sexually attracted to.
    Good point Harry-the victims were all female-if there had been male victims then that would obviously point to non sexual motive.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Harry’s point is I’d suspect possibly the main reason that people don’t go for Tumblety as a suspect.
      I know that Mike Hawley would disagree though.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
        Harry’s point is I’d suspect possibly the main reason that people don’t go for Tumblety as a suspect.
        I know that Mike Hawley would disagree though.
        Bingo-that and he dosnt fit ANY witness descriptions and might have even been in Jail during Kellys murder. Out of all the named police suspects, hes last on my list-even behind druitt. Interesting cat though that's for sure.

At one time I actually came up with the theory that he paid chapman to do the deed for him to collect the specimens for him. (he was known for collecting and then the story of the American doctor trying to collect uteri)
        but of course would not explain the exteranneous mutilations.
        "Is all that we see or seem
        but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
          Bingo-that and he dosnt fit ANY witness descriptions and might have even been in Jail during Kellys murder. Out of all the named police suspects, hes last on my list-even behind druitt. Interesting cat though that's for sure.

At one time I actually came up with the theory that he paid chapman to do the deed for him to collect the specimens for him. (he was known for collecting and then the story of the American doctor trying to collect uteri)
          but of course would not explain the exteranneous mutilations.
          He’s certainly not high on any list that I might write Abby but he’s certainly interesting. Even if he wasn’t a Ripper suspect he’d still be worth a book. I wouldn’t be inclined to go for a beer with him, then again it might have been an interesting experience. And I’ve shared a beer with some pretty strange people in my time

Comment

Hi Abby. As with all-things JtR, there's always that one definitive clue or piece missing which might tip the scales definitely to a certain consensus. In the immediate, he doesn't seem to be a killer out for a sexual gain just based on the nonsexual contact with the victims and the amount of time spent with them (well, except for Mary Kelly). Then again, no telling if it was a sexual-off for him or if it served as some twisted psychopathic aphrodisiac; something Jack could play out later in his mind instead of, say, "thinking about baseball". One thing about sex is that, even after the desire is sated, the urge is usually consistent; so, if his murders are sex, it's confusing that the killings would just stop. The frequency (5 or 6 women in three months) is promiscuous by any sexual standards so that, even if Mary Kelly was his ulimate elation, I'd expect that he'd want more. From my conversations, it's generally men recently separated from their wives who run those numbers.

The only comment that I can now pass regarding the leg positioning as suggestive of a non-sexual motive is this: after speaking with Army medics who were around human anatomical dissections, there is the practice of pulling the legs inward (like the Rippers victims) because it relieves the tension on the abdomen. You lay out flat with your legs stretched straight out, you can feel your belly muscles tighten; bend your legs inward and you feel them loosen, which makes the dissections easier. I asked why would you ever bend one leg in, like a figure 4, and the question posed to me was: " was the woman lying next to a wall, where pulling one leg up might be difficult?"
            there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post
              Hi Abby. As with all-things JtR, there's always that one definitive clue or piece missing which might tip the scales definitely to a certain consensus. In the immediate, he doesn't seem to be a killer out for a sexual gain just based on the nonsexual contact with the victims and the amount of time spent with them (well, except for Mary Kelly).
              That's what I was trying to get at Robert, in particular with the brief amount of time it appears he had with some victims. I think in the case of Kelly though we may see some evidence that her killer "vented" on her. And there is a high possibility that she and her killer knew each other, and by the time and the state of her dress, Id guess pretty well.

In that instance there may well be some romantic implications in the damage inflicted...and perhaps in the organ taken from that scene.
              Michael Richards

Comment

Hello Michael,

If Kelly's killer "vented" on her how would you describe what was done to Eddowes? I see the same hand only just more time with Kelly.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                  Hello Michael,

If Kelly's killer "vented" on her how would you describe what was done to Eddowes? I see the same hand only just more time with Kelly.

c.d.
                  The facial slashes and the wounds on the legs and arms cd, and I think the evidence in the Kelly case suggests she struggled somewhat with her attacker. I see in the Eddowes case a high probability that what was done to her was intended to create an impression, not just the result of the impulsive actions of a mad-man with a sharp blade.
                  Michael Richards

Comment

Jack the Harvester

I think there could very well be the morbid possibility of a Frankenstein type harvester who is switching out body parts when they become too rotten. Which would mean they need somewhere to store a body they are replacing the parts of.

Body parts were thrown into the garden of the descendants of Mary Shelly.

So one can imagine a body where arms, legs, and even torsos are being dispensed with and that this is the torso murderer, but when it comes to sexual parts needing to be replaced, this is JtR, who is one and the same as this particular torso murderer.

It suggests JtR was a necrophiliac.

Maybe he eventually got a girlfriend, had a family and that is what out the cooler on him.

I would look at the possibility that a recovered torso and parts were missing a head. This is the head he doesn't want to replace. So it would never turn up. It would also be the closest connection to a victim JtR would have.

This would be aligned with the Rainham Mystery of 1887.

Elizabeth Jackson's head was not found either.

It seems quite possible that JtR attacked prostitutes who didn't look fantastic because he wasn't interested in their head or faces but for their sexual organs. Eddowes face he hacked up. Kelly also. He cut their necks down to the bone almost severing their heads.

Anyway despite this, the JtR crimes are sexual in nature because he posed the victims into sexual poses to degrade them (which is evident from the facial hacking and attack on the sexual organs), spread their legs, and this was done to SHOCK the society of Whitechapel which he also held a great deal of hatred for.
                    Last edited by Batman; 10-01-2018, 07:24 AM.
                    Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Working...
                    X