Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - by MrBarnett 2 hours ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - by Harry D 3 hours ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - by MrBarnett 3 hours ago.
General Discussion: Ripper was several people... - by Harry D 3 hours ago.
General Discussion: Ripper was several people... - by Sam Flynn 4 hours ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - by Harry D 4 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel? - (48 posts)
General Discussion: Ripper was several people... - (10 posts)
General Suspect Discussion: Kansas Physician Confirms Howard Report - (4 posts)
General Discussion: Jack The Ripper and Venus - (4 posts)
General Discussion: Eddowes' Shawl - (3 posts)
Motive, Method and Madness: Jack the Ripper learned don't eviscerate before you exsanguinate - (2 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Social Chat > Other Mysteries > A6 Murders

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 07-06-2018, 07:34 PM
moste moste is offline
Detective
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Vancouver Island British Columbia.
Posts: 491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB View Post
But the Court of Appeal has not shrunk from quashing convictions for people who have been hanged for murder. For example ...

George Kelly
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/2978838.stm

Derek Bentley
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/142301.stm

Mahmood Mattan
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/59551.stm
Lord Justice Rose, the Vice-President, sitting with Mr Justice Holland and Mr Justice Penry-Davey, We're not sitting in on the Hanratty appeal though we're they? The real truth of Gregstens assassination was never going to be allowed to be made available to the general public, was it?
Incidentally , some people on this forum,believed Hanratty to be entirely innocent of this crime prior to the dna gong show. Now they tear into every aspect of Hanratty's case screaming guilty at each and every detail of his defence.Reading posters comments from 2008 it's easy to become frustrated by the apparent hypocracy of modern posts!@
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-07-2018, 02:21 PM
Graham Graham is offline
Assistant Commissioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Midlands
Posts: 3,388
Default The real truth of Gregstens assassination was never going to be allowed to be made av

Quote:
The real truth of Gregstens assassination was never going to be allowed to be made available to the general public, was it?
And the 'real truth' was...............................?

Graham
__________________
We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-08-2018, 12:47 AM
Spitfire Spitfire is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
And the 'real truth' was...............................?

Graham
The 'real truth' was revealed on this forum over two years ago.


Quote:
Originally Posted by moste View Post
Zero forensics found in the back seat of the car.Hair,Fiber,fingerprints,seeds,corn debris, from the field,from a third party.
Is it possible that the true story may have involved MG arranging to meet with someone,for purposes that involved skulduggery, at the predetermined location near Clophill? Or alternatively,were the couple on a dummy run ,(the all night runs that Valerie loved so much) for the rally they were planning for the weekend,and possibly followed to that spot in Bedfordshire. If as Det. Super. Mathews suggests,more than one person was involved,the murderer may have been driven there,and left at that lay-by to perform his dastardly deed.After which he drives back eventually to Redbridge,wearing one of the latest plastic boiler suits, complete with rubber buttons,and leaves no, or very little evidence of ever having been in the vehicle,nothing that 1960s forensics would find anyhow.Could MGs brother in law have known of this latest venture at the weekend by the lovers,via his heart throb Janet?
All of the above would satisfy (a) why no one saw anyone that night around the corn field (b) why there was no evidence of a third person in the back seat,(c) why no taxi drivers came forward with info.about a fare.(d) Why the people of Dorney were surprised, as were the press, that police presence was very scarce considering this was supposedly the starting point of this crime(locals were not interviewed for some weeks!)(e)how Alphon came into a large sum of money after the murder,could he have been the the shooter, maybe Hanratty the driver to Deadmans hill. And far too many more questions that this scenario would answer,to fit in one post.
By the By
Did anybody have any comments on the notion that it was an extremely coincidental plan they had come up with, for the following weekends 'particularly arduous 80 mile round trip' through the Chilterns? The Chilterns pass by where I lived in the 90s forming the Dunstable downs, and peter out near Barton-Le- Clay just a couple of miles shy of Clophill. I mean call me suspicious but.....
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-08-2018, 02:29 AM
Graham Graham is offline
Assistant Commissioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Midlands
Posts: 3,388
Default

Quote:
The 'real truth' was revealed on this forum over two years ago.
Ooh yes, I recall that well, but I was wondering if perhaps Moste had updated his extremely well-thought out and lavishly researched scenario, as I hang on to his every word...................

Graham
__________________
We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-08-2018, 01:12 PM
moste moste is offline
Detective
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Vancouver Island British Columbia.
Posts: 491
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Ooh yes, I recall that well, but I was wondering if perhaps Moste had updated his extremely well-thought out and lavishly researched scenario, as I hang on to his every word...................

Graham
Originally Posted by moste View Post
Zero forensics found in the back seat of the car.Hair,Fiber,fingerprints,seeds,corn debris, from the field,from a third party.
Is it possible that the true story may have involved MG arranging to meet with someone,for purposes that involved skulduggery, at the predetermined location near Clophill? Or alternatively,were the couple on a dummy run ,(the all night runs that Valerie loved so much) for the rally they were planning for the weekend,and possibly followed to that spot in Bedfordshire. If as Det. Super. Mathews suggests,more than one person was involved,the murderer may have been driven there,and left at that lay-by to perform his dastardly deed.After which he drives back eventually to Redbridge,wearing one of the latest plastic boiler suits, complete with rubber buttons,and leaves no, or very little evidence of ever having been in the vehicle,nothing that 1960s forensics would find anyhow.Could MGs brother in law have known of this latest venture at the weekend by the lovers,via his heart throb Janet?
All of the above would satisfy (a) why no one saw anyone that night around the corn field (b) why there was no evidence of a third person in the back seat,(c) why no taxi drivers came forward with info.about a fare.(d) Why the people of Dorney were surprised, as were the press, that police presence was very scarce considering this was supposedly the starting point of this crime(locals were not interviewed for some weeks!)(e)how Alphon came into a large sum of money after the murder,could he have been the the shooter, maybe Hanratty the driver to Deadmans hill. And far too many more questions that this scenario would answer,to fit in one post.
By the By
Did anybody have any comments on the notion that it was an extremely coincidental plan they had come up with, for the following weekends 'particularly arduous 80 mile round trip' through the Chilterns? The Chilterns pass by where I lived in the 90s forming the Dunstable downs, and peter out near Barton-Le- Clay just a couple of miles shy of Clophill. I mean call me suspicious but.....

Awesome ! What a highly possible series of events.

Could be tweeked a trifle, but something along these lines, is what I had in mind.



.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-10-2018, 03:41 PM
Sherlock Houses Sherlock Houses is offline
Detective
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moste View Post
For Bob Woffinden to make such a profound statement to Michael,he had to know something seriously important that has yet to raise its head.
That something I would proffer would almost certainly be ,the DNA issue.
My understanding,of DNA.regarding the sensitivity of the stuff, and the requirements governing the handling,protection, and storing of same, is such that I for one( and probably Woffinden as another)believe the exhibits that were relied on to produce anything in the form of readable material for DNA matching, would have been completely useless.
You might find the following youtube link interesting, Moste. Back in 2001, around the time of the alleged d.n.a. findings, Jeremy Paxman devoted about 10/11 minutes of his Newsnight programme interviewing Bob as well as Geoffrey Bindman and Kevin Morris....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNTn3POz9GU
__________________
*************************************
"A body of men, HOLDING THEMSELVES ACCOUNTABLE TO NOBODY, ought not to be trusted by anybody." --Thomas Paine ["Rights of Man"]

"Justice is an ideal which transcends the expedience of the State, or the sensitivities of Government officials, or private individuals. IT HAS TO BE PURSUED WHATEVER THE COST IN PEACE OF MIND TO THOSE CONCERNED." --'Justice of the Peace' [July 12th 1975]
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-11-2018, 01:20 AM
Graham Graham is offline
Assistant Commissioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Midlands
Posts: 3,388
Default

Quote:
Zero forensics found in the back seat of the car.
See my Post 4926 on the A6 Rebooted thread.

Graham
__________________
We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-11-2018, 04:15 PM
moste moste is offline
Detective
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Vancouver Island British Columbia.
Posts: 491
Default

Thank you for that Mr. Houses.
Bob was quite cautious and restraining of himself I thought ,being in the Hanratty corner , not to overly trash the DNA methods used, the so called defence expert present at the testing,or , that such tiny amounts of material were available whereby an additional test could not be performed.
I suppose time was a factor on the show, also he was dealing with people I think he thought didn't have a good handle on the case.Still he got some airtime.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-12-2018, 03:10 AM
Sherlock Houses Sherlock Houses is offline
Detective
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moste View Post
Thank you for that Mr. Houses.
Bob was quite cautious and restraining of himself I thought ,being in the Hanratty corner , not to overly trash the DNA methods used, the so called defence expert present at the testing,or , that such tiny amounts of material were available whereby an additional test could not be performed.
I suppose time was a factor on the show, also he was dealing with people I think he thought didn't have a good handle on the case.Still he got some airtime.
Bob would have been very very concerned Moste [like any fair-minded person should indeed be] had he lived long enough to read the following link which Michael and Maureen Hanratty brought to my attention a couple of months ago. It had been forwarded to them in an email from their good friend Malachy Muinzer who knew the late Paul Foot well and did some investigative work for him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...scientist.html
__________________
*************************************
"A body of men, HOLDING THEMSELVES ACCOUNTABLE TO NOBODY, ought not to be trusted by anybody." --Thomas Paine ["Rights of Man"]

"Justice is an ideal which transcends the expedience of the State, or the sensitivities of Government officials, or private individuals. IT HAS TO BE PURSUED WHATEVER THE COST IN PEACE OF MIND TO THOSE CONCERNED." --'Justice of the Peace' [July 12th 1975]
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-12-2018, 11:51 AM
moste moste is offline
Detective
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Vancouver Island British Columbia.
Posts: 491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock Houses View Post
Bob would have been very very concerned Moste [like any fair-minded person should indeed be] had he lived long enough to read the following link which Michael and Maureen Hanratty brought to my attention a couple of months ago. It had been forwarded to them in an email from their good friend Malachy Muinzer who knew the late Paul Foot well and did some investigative work for him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...scientist.html
Thanks for that. Unbelievable!
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.