• Mug Shots from 1908-1911

Some images to mull over.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ostitutes.html
    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website
    ---------------------------------------------------

What an incredibly unalluring collection of women.
    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
      Photoshop was still in it's infancy

Comment

The most curious one was named "Annie Laurie". I keep wondering if that was a real name of a fake one - the tune kept coming into my head.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
          Oddly enough, I thought that the 52 year-old Agnes Halker belied her nickname of "The Old Hag", compared to most of the younger ones.
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I have always said to is impossible to accurately judge the ages of 'unfortunates'. Their hard life makes them look older [ the 15 year old looks as if she is in her twenties ] but some older women if they take care of themselves can look younger so the ages at both ends merge. I don't believe any man can accurately guess the age of a woman, so I think those who believe the age of the ripper victims was a factor are barking up the wrong tree.It was the availability and vulnerability of the victims that was the factor particularly of alcohol is involved. Mary Kelly was marked out because she had a room of her own. In the past she had been a notorious prostitute hanging out at the local pubs, The Ten Bells and The Brittania, but had been off the streets for a year or so, but within a few days of Joe leaving, she was back touting for business, an opportunity not to be missed.

miss marple

Comment

What about their voices, Miss Marple? Isn't that a bit of a giveaway?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                What about their voices, Miss Marple? Isn't that a bit of a giveaway?
                In the days of clay pipes and widespread bronchial infections (cf. Pearly Poll), even that might have been difficult.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Their voices! Really! No that is not an indicator unless they smocked heavily, Some women have naturally high voices. others deeper ones. Women in their forties don't suddenly sound like ancient hags.

miss marple

Comment

The chalk writing on the wall is interesting. I'm trying to work out what information is being conveyed and to whom. Is it "BIT No. 5" or "B/T No. 5"?

If the latter "B/T" could perhaps be Burglary & Theft? If the former, what would "BIT" be a reference to? Any thoughts?
                    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                      The chalk writing on the wall is interesting. I'm trying to work out what information is being conveyed and to whom. Is it "BIT No. 5" or "B/T No. 5"?
                      The "IT" (or "/T") looks somewhat similar to the "K" in "Park", so it might be "BK" - i.e. "Back [of] No 5, New Vale Court".
                      Last edited by Sam Flynn; 06-29-2018, 02:44 PM.
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Wake me if anyone finds "JTR" on one of the cards. Thanks.

John
                        "We reach. We grasp. And what is left at the end? A shadow."
                        Sherlock Holmes, The Retired Colourman

Comment

Working...
                        X