One Woman, 17 British Accents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert View Post
    Joshua he was in a very funny BBC schools TV production of 'The Government Inspector' (Gogol) back in the 70s, with one Martin Howells among others.
    God, yes! I remember that, too.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Brilliant, wasn't it? I had it on video but inevitably it gradually got taped over. I loved the way Richard Davies said "Saw that Owen Bowen and I were eating salmon" (which he mentioned because he suspected that the young man was already sniffing corruption - when actually the young man was ravenously hungry because he'd gambled all his money away and the landlord was refusing to be fleeced any longer). And David Pugh says "And he come here on St Valentine's Day" with a very heavy wink and John Clive says "Significant!"

So many delightful touches ("Please allow me to place before you my...my presence") and the repeated reading of the bit in the young man's letter where he calls the mayor a stupid old donkey.

There's a bit where Robin Nedwell gazes at a disgusting piece of meat on the prongs of his fork, then flicks it over his shoulder and Jack Wild catches it. I wonder how many takes that took.

I'd buy it if it was available but sadly it seems not to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        The accent sings the song, but the dialect can change the words.
        You mean the different ways we use the hard part of the neck.

Comment

I couldn't possibly comment, Jon
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
            I couldn't possibly comment, Jon

Comment

Working...
            X