Walter Neave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter Neave

Walter Neave, Ethel le Neve's father, wrote an article, 'Answers' anyone know if this publication still exists or know of a link?

Thanks in advance - not holding my breathe.
    David Wilson Professor of Criminology:
    'Connection, connection, connection. There is no such thing as coincidence when you are dealing with serial killers.'

When Ethel was on the Megantic coming back to England,she was in cable communication with her sister who had told her that their father was going to publish her story in a weekly paper.Ethel was not pleased and cabled back, tell dad no publication.
    Ethel of course, sold her own life story to Lloyds Weekly News after her acquittal. The story was ghost written by two journalists, Phillip Gibb and J.P Eddy. The newspaper looked after her, paying for a flat for her under an assumed name. And Lloyds published Crippen's last letter sent to Ethel.
    Still looking for Walters article.

Miss Marple

Comment

Even though the article by Walter was announced as to appear in a weekly paper [ this was before Ethel was tried and acquitted] due to to Ethel's
      opposition, its possible it was never published. Ethel certainly milked it.

Miss Marple

Comment

Okay. Thank you. I'll stop searching.
        I read 'Ethel Le Neve her Life Story'. Not worth the effort - perhaps. But then how did she write so much and reveal so little? Deliberate concealment or vacuous? I'm not certain if it was Ursula Bloom who referred to Ethel Le Neve as the human clam, which suggests there was more going on than Le Neve was willing to open up and share.
        Unlike Cora ...
        'Connection, connection, connection. There is no such thing as coincidence when you are dealing with serial killers.'

Comment

I don't think Ethel was as innocent as she made out. Flaunting Cora's jewellery [ Did she seriously believed that the avaricious Cora fled leaving behind what was in modern money, thousands of pounds of jewellery and clothes ?] She told her mother Crippen had divorced Cora and she had married him.

She was astute enough to benefit financially from his conviction.

Miss Marple

Comment

Ethel does seem a passive follower – her sister to employment at Drouet’s, Crippen to Albion House . . . A Montrose crew member said she barely spoke and never appeared on deck without Crippen. She traipsed after Crippen to the coal-hole, leant on the doorframe, and chatted while Crippen shovelled coal for the stove – reminds me of Ian Brady and Myra Hindley standing over their victim’s grave.
            But although I’m certain she knew more than she claimed, I’m not sure she knew about the events of 31st January.
            According to Lydia Rose and Ethel’s sister the marriage took place in the first week of March. Ethel said she married on Saturday, which would make the most likely wedding date Saturday March 5th, and less likely, March 12th, and Cora ‘died’ March 23rd. So unless Ethel had telepathic powers . . .
            Do did Ethel meekly follow Dr Crippen’s lead? – she knew about the murder but didn’t prevent it – or was she a passive aggressive instigator?

Comment

Working...
            X