Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - by Trevor Marriott 45 minutes ago.
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - by Sam Flynn 1 hour and 3 minutes ago.
Witnesses: Mizen's inquest statement reconstructed - by Simon Wood 5 hours ago.
Non-Fiction: the victims werent prostitutes - by harry 5 hours ago.
Elizabeth Stride: For what reason do we include Stride? - by drstrange169 5 hours ago.
Elizabeth Stride: For what reason do we include Stride? - by Robert St Devil 6 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Non-Fiction: the victims werent prostitutes - (49 posts)
Elizabeth Stride: For what reason do we include Stride? - (41 posts)
Hutchinson, George: Any updates, or opinions on this witness. - (11 posts)
Witnesses: Mizen's inquest statement reconstructed - (6 posts)
Scene of the Crimes: East End Photographs and Drawings - (3 posts)
General Discussion: Jack The Ripper and Venus - (2 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Social Chat > Shades of Whitechapel

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #51  
Old 12-11-2017, 12:06 PM
curious curious is offline
Chief Inspector
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,560
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
Also, The first (possible) victims of the dismemberment phase also happen to be the AC victims. So if they were JBs victims perhaps because of not being able to dismember because of a personal issues he follows raffo down there which precipitates the AC murders. Also AC is only a three hour drive.
And since the crimes are not close to his home, he is less likely to come to the attention of the authorities. Makes sense to me.

His family saying that he had no connection with Atlantic City does not really carry much weight. Not because they'd lie (not everyone will) but because they simply would not know. How many kids sneak out of the house and back in without Mom and Dad ever knowing? JB would be even more secretive with this.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-11-2017, 12:34 PM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockySullivan View Post
I don't really have a theory about this it's just interesting why a police sgt was a suspect and how he's still part of scpd.
probably because he was involved with the prostitutes in a negative way and they complained about him. a lot how Leather apron became a suspect in the ripper case.
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-11-2017, 01:25 PM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious View Post
And since the crimes are not close to his home, he is less likely to come to the attention of the authorities. Makes sense to me.

His family saying that he had no connection with Atlantic City does not really carry much weight. Not because they'd lie (not everyone will) but because they simply would not know. How many kids sneak out of the house and back in without Mom and Dad ever knowing? JB would be even more secretive with this.
plus he was a hunter-if he even had to explain his absence he could just say hes on a hunting trip. or say for work.

now that being said, out of all the possible victims of the LISK I find the AC victims the most unlikely.
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-11-2017, 04:25 PM
curious curious is offline
Chief Inspector
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,560
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
out of all the possible victims of the LISK I find the AC victims the most unlikely.
I do too, but it's been so long since I have even thought about this case, I really can't discuss it intelligently.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-11-2017, 05:24 PM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious View Post
I do too, but it's been so long since I have even thought about this case, I really can't discuss it intelligently.
I know there’s so many victims and possible victims and twists and turns it’s very complicated! Dismembered body parts in different places, nondismemebered bodies, men, women, toddler, transvestites, 20 year span, police intrigue, politics, and the craziest thing is that the person that started the whole thing rolling was Shannon GILBERT who wasn’t even a LISK victim! But she may have been murdered, by someone in the little neighborhood she was in, so there’s that whole sub mystery.

Crazy case. But IMHO its just a matter of time before they are able to link Bitrolff to the others. How many is the question, at least for me.
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-12-2017, 03:09 PM
RockySullivan RockySullivan is offline
Chief Inspector
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
I know there’s so many victims and possible victims and twists and turns it’s very complicated! Dismembered body parts in different places, nondismemebered bodies, men, women, toddler, transvestites, 20 year span, police intrigue, politics, and the craziest thing is that the person that started the whole thing rolling was Shannon GILBERT who wasn’t even a LISK victim! But she may have been murdered, by someone in the little neighborhood she was in, so there’s that whole sub mystery.

Crazy case. But IMHO its just a matter of time before they are able to link Bitrolff to the others. How many is the question, at least for me.
How much time? He was arrested in 2014 and they barely convicted him. You know it was a hung jury and almost a mistrial? Abby are you aware that for years SCPD claimed they had eliminated Bittrolff as LISK?

"They also eliminated John Bittrolff, 48, a carpenter from Manorville, LI, who in July was charged with strangling two prostitutes 20 years ago and dumping their naked bodies in the woods near the Long Island Expressway. He’s pleaded not guilty in that case. Cops say he’s suspected in a third murder but not in the Gilgo case, though they have not revealed the exculpatory evidence." https://nypost.com/2015/01/03/4-year...-beach-killer/

There may be something SCPD knows that rules out Bittrolff as LISK. I think Biancaville's statement about Bittrolff is more politically motivated then anything. Spota's out, Biancaville is getting his name out there telling the people what they want here. I'd be willing to bet that Biancaville is far less acquainted with the details of the LISK case then you think. It was a statement for the press.

I'm not saying Bittrolff isn't the LISK, but remember SCPD claimed to eliminate him. Don't forget what SCPD. You literally cannot trust a single word they say ever and need to decide for yourself. One thing I will say, when Bittrolff was arrested, before it hit the news, we heard that an SCPD cop had contacted Megan Waterman's family and told them there was an arrest about to be announced in cold serial killing case on LI. He wanted her to know it was not related to Megan's case.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-12-2017, 04:02 PM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockySullivan View Post
How much time? He was arrested in 2014 and they barely convicted him. You know it was a hung jury and almost a mistrial? Abby are you aware that for years SCPD claimed they had eliminated Bittrolff as LISK?

"They also eliminated John Bittrolff, 48, a carpenter from Manorville, LI, who in July was charged with strangling two prostitutes 20 years ago and dumping their naked bodies in the woods near the Long Island Expressway. He’s pleaded not guilty in that case. Cops say he’s suspected in a third murder but not in the Gilgo case, though they have not revealed the exculpatory evidence." https://nypost.com/2015/01/03/4-year...-beach-killer/

There may be something SCPD knows that rules out Bittrolff as LISK. I think Biancaville's statement about Bittrolff is more politically motivated then anything. Spota's out, Biancaville is getting his name out there telling the people what they want here. I'd be willing to bet that Biancaville is far less acquainted with the details of the LISK case then you think. It was a statement for the press.

I'm not saying Bittrolff isn't the LISK, but remember SCPD claimed to eliminate him. Don't forget what SCPD. You literally cannot trust a single word they say ever and need to decide for yourself. One thing I will say, when Bittrolff was arrested, before it hit the news, we heard that an SCPD cop had contacted Megan Waterman's family and told them there was an arrest about to be announced in cold serial killing case on LI. He wanted her to know it was not related to Megan's case.
Thanks rocky. I don’t realize all this intrigue was going on.

But didn’t you say that when JB was being questioned and found out the dna on the victims he was convicted of was traced to him through his brother he exclaimed I knew it! ??

And of course then wasn’t it his dna found on the bodies?
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-12-2017, 04:44 PM
RockySullivan RockySullivan is offline
Chief Inspector
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
Thanks rocky. I don’t realize all this intrigue was going on.

But didn’t you say that when JB was being questioned and found out the dna on the victims he was convicted of was traced to him through his brother he exclaimed I knew it! ??

And of course then wasn’t it his dna found on the bodies?
Yes Abby that is correct.

"The detective said he explained to Bittrolff that DNA from his younger brother, Timothy, was found to be a partial match to the evidence from the victims’ bodies. Timothy’s DNA was entered into a state database after he was convicted of criminal contempt.

Detectives then followed John Bittrolff and went through his garbage until they found DNA matching the semen.

“I [expletive] knew it. I [expletive] knew it,” Bittrolff responded, according to McLeer."


^newsday

"“From day one, he knew we were following him,” Leser says.

John at one point stopped at a railroad crossing and just sat there until the detectives drove past. Another day saw him make a sudden right, then an immediate button hook.

“Evasive driving,” Leser says.

John is a carpenter, and when on a job he would seek a high vantage point.

“He’d stand up on the roof, looking for us,” Leser remembers."
https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-24...on-long-island
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-12-2017, 06:44 PM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockySullivan View Post
Yes Abby that is correct.

"The detective said he explained to Bittrolff that DNA from his younger brother, Timothy, was found to be a partial match to the evidence from the victims’ bodies. Timothy’s DNA was entered into a state database after he was convicted of criminal contempt.

Detectives then followed John Bittrolff and went through his garbage until they found DNA matching the semen.

“I [expletive] knew it. I [expletive] knew it,” Bittrolff responded, according to McLeer."


^newsday

"“From day one, he knew we were following him,” Leser says.

John at one point stopped at a railroad crossing and just sat there until the detectives drove past. Another day saw him make a sudden right, then an immediate button hook.

“Evasive driving,” Leser says.

John is a carpenter, and when on a job he would seek a high vantage point.

“He’d stand up on the roof, looking for us,” Leser remembers."
https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-24...on-long-island
And yet you still doubt JB killed those two prostitutes and that he was set up by police?
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-12-2017, 10:43 PM
RockySullivan RockySullivan is offline
Chief Inspector
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,870
Default

I didnt say that Abby I'm simply giving you all the facts I'm not sure we have the full picture. There could be others involved. He could be part of something. Its interesting Spota was so adamant he was not LISK. btw funny koz joke ha ha
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.