Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
A6 Murders: A6 Rebooted - by Graham 15 minutes ago.
A6 Murders: A6 Rebooted - by Sherlock Houses 2 hours ago.
Mary Jane Kelly: George Hutchinson Shadowing Sarah Lewis' Statement - by Sam Flynn 4 hours ago.
Periodicals: Upcoming Article - by Trevor Marriott 4 hours ago.
Mary Jane Kelly: George Hutchinson Shadowing Sarah Lewis' Statement - by Darryl Kenyon 5 hours ago.
Periodicals: Upcoming Article - by Simon Wood 7 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Mary Jane Kelly: George Hutchinson Shadowing Sarah Lewis' Statement - (10 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: Help On Some Details - (7 posts)
Periodicals: Upcoming Article - (6 posts)
A6 Murders: A6 Rebooted - (2 posts)
Scene of the Crimes: distances between kills.odd - (1 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: Most accurate reconstruction (Graphic Warning) - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Suspects > Druitt, Montague John

View Poll Results: Montague John Druitt: Whitechapel Murderer ?
1: NEVER 38 46.34%
2 10 12.20%
3 5 6.10%
4 6 7.32%
5 6 7.32%
6 6 7.32%
7 4 4.88%
8 2 2.44%
9 3 3.66%
10: DEFINATELY 2 2.44%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Inactive

Yes, I've seen that documentary series.

It's utter tripe and the people in it are the most shameless liars, on a par with the Roswell hustlers.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Inactive

"Shameless liars" or not, they were mostly the ones who were there at the time, Jonathan. Why would they be lying about it in that way four decades later?

Anyway, to be honest, I'm no expert on the JFK assassination and it's not a topic of any special interest to me, so I won't say any more....suffice to say that from every documentary I have watched about it, and everything I have read about it, there are some serious question marks about Lee Harvey Oswald as the shooter.

Cheers,
Adam.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:05 PM
Inactive

Money
Old 03-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Assistant Commissioner

Shameless liars or not the human senses are easily deceived. A recent reconstruction of the plaza showing where everyone stood and what they saw, plus the directory of the supposed Ďmagic bulletí demonstrated pretty well that Oswald could have fired the bullets.

Invariably the most obvious is the most likely.

Which is why I agree with Adam. Druitt doesnít make sense as a serial killer.

If Cadoushe did indeed hear the body strike the fence (which goes against the estimated time of death, but seems most probable) then its pretty unlikely Druitt could have been playing cricket that morning.

If Druitt were indeed the killer then there were other centers of prostitution he could have traveled to, we would have expected a wider spread of kills.

Walking the murder sites it soon becomes obvious that the Ripper was on foot and almost certainly a local man who didnít look out of place and new the area like the back of his hand. As far as Iím aware only one suspect fits that description.

Interesting posts however.

Pirate
Old 03-25-2010, 01:41 PM
Inactive

Pirate -- a hatrick!

1. I agree with you about Oswald. He's an open and shut case in terms of being the Dealey Plaza assassin. The question has always been -- did he have help? Was he doing it at the behest of anybody? Left-wing buffs, hustlers, vile lunatics like Jim Garrison, and the chronically naive [eg. Oliver Stone] long ago derailed that case way from the likeliest conspirators: anti-Castro Cubans.

2. Why would a serial killer who lived at Blackheath, who can kill anywhere in London, go to such enormous risks to kill in Whitechapel especially after it is crawling with police?

3. That Anderson went for Kosminski, a local madman, seems to make a lot more sense than Druitt.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Assistant Commissioner

It appears at least we agree about Oswald.

However I do not think we are looking for any local ‘madman’ there were lots of those.

Lust killers, who cut there victims once dead, are very rare.

I’d place the schizophrenic as a more likely match than the Manic Depressive.

But given that these type of killers are so rare, and it’s not proved beyond doubt that Kosminski or Druitt were definitely the above (although I’m happy kosminski was). Then caution would be wise.

So little is known about Druit’s state of mind, Kenith Stephen always stuck me as a more interesting psychological match however.

Pirate
Old 03-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Inactive

It's late here and I'm very tired.

Somehow your previous post says we sort of do NOT agree about the argument for Kosminski??

Huh?

Ahh, RipperWorld, you've gotta love it ...
Old 03-26-2010, 01:20 AM
Commisioner

Jeff,
I wish you would stop saying Aaron Kosminski was schizophrenic as though you had put your white coat on and examined him yourself ---or rather "psychoanalysed" him for yourself. NOBODY KNOWS WHETHER AARON KOSMINSKI SUFFERED FROM "SCHIZOPHRENIA " .You are guessing on the basis of no real evidence again.

Aaron Kosminski could not be further away from the type of criminal Jack the Ripper was.He lived a completely harmless life,in both Colney Hatch and Leavesdon asylums -a life punctured by some form of dementia according to his medical records.He was not a paranoid schizophrenic.If he had have been we would have indications in his records that he had bouts of psychosis throughout his twenties and thirties.As I have said before,such bouts could not have been controlled by drugs in those days, so they would have featured in his records, and they dont.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:32 AM
Assistant Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie Severn View Post
Jeff,
I wish you would stop saying Aaron Kosminski was schizophrenic as though you had put your white coat on and examined him yourself ---or rather "psychoanalysed" him for yourself. NOBODY KNOWS WHETHER AARON KOSMINSKI SUFFERED FROM "SCHIZOPHRENIA " .You are guessing on the basis of no real evidence again.

Aaron Kosminski could not be further away from the type of criminal Jack the Ripper was.He lived a completely harmless life,in both Colney Hatch and Leavesdon asylums -a life punctured by some form of dementia according to his medical records.He was not a paranoid schizophrenic.If he had have been we would have indications in his records that he had bouts of psychosis throughout his twenties and thirties.As I have said before,such bouts could not have been controlled by drugs in those days, so they would have featured in his records, and they dont.
Hi Nats

I dont wish to fall out here.

However I can only base my opinion on that given to me by expert opinion.

Tis the nature of Ripperology.

The simple fact remains that almost certainly Aaron Kosminski was suffering from Schizophrenia. Your own accounts and theorizing point to this also.

I agree it cant be stated as fact. But I think 99.9 percent will do for most people.

Paraniod schizophrenia as I have explained is not a good term. As all schizophrenics have elements of paranoia. It would indeed be better if we had secific 'syndromes' but we dont.

But until experts agree, we must go with schizophrenia as a blanket illness. And Aaron was a schizophrenic. His symptoms being typical of that illness.

Pirate

Last edited by Jeff Leahy : 03-26-2010 at 01:43 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:58 AM
Inactive

Here's a question for you all about Druitt:

If we assume for a moment that he was the killer of Annie Chapman, and therefore Jack the Ripper, why on earth would he wait until 5.30 AM to kill his victim when he knew full well he had a game of cricket on a few hours later?

Annie is by far the latest murder time-wise in the series. Other murders, like that of Liz Stride, took place shortly after midnight! If Druitt had decided to go out and kill that night, for whatever reason, he could have gone out, found his victim at 1 or 2 in the morning, done the deed, gone home to bed and rocked up at his cricket match nice and fresh and ready to play.

It makes no sense at all that he would wait until 5.30 to do it!

Infact, nothing in the case against Druitt makes any sense....

Cheers,
Adam.