Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack and the Thames Torso Murders: A New Ripper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
    Debra of course.

Steve
    god I was hoping you said that. lol

I really wish she would write one too.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
      god I was hoping you said that. lol

I really wish she would write one too.
      That boat has sailed I think Abby.
      I'm a bit dubious about the blurb to this book. I wonder if really we are going to be told about the many violent crimes , domestic and otherwise going n around a bacjdrop of the Ripper and so called torso killer and it being chalked up to media frenzy?!

Sorry for the typos but I can't find my reading glasses at the moment but using + shift I can just about cope.

Comment

Originally posted by Debra A View Post
        I'm a bit dubious about the blurb to this book. I wonder if really we are going to be told about the many violent crimes , domestic and otherwise going n around a bacjdrop of the Ripper and so called torso killer and it being chalked up to media frenzy?!

Sorry for the typos but I can't find my reading glasses at the moment but using + shift I can just about cope.
        I think it is pretty straight forward, having read this on the AdLibris site from where I buy my books:

"With several `Thames torso' killings now attributable to his hand, `Jack' it seems was culpable in upwards of sixteen assaults - at least thirteen of them fatal. Indeed, the study highlights how this individual was amply possessed of the three `cardinals' of the murderer - means, motive and opportunity - and offers long-sought solutions to several case `conundrums' such as the Goulston Street `evidence', the enduring `Mad Doctor' theory and the Pinchin Street `cross-over'."

He makes the call, alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
          I think it is pretty straight forward, having read this on the AdLibris site from where I buy my books:

"With several `Thames torso' killings now attributable to his hand, `Jack' it seems was culpable in upwards of sixteen assaults - at least thirteen of them fatal. Indeed, the study highlights how this individual was amply possessed of the three `cardinals' of the murderer - means, motive and opportunity - and offers long-sought solutions to several case `conundrums' such as the Goulston Street `evidence', the enduring `Mad Doctor' theory and the Pinchin Street `cross-over'."

He makes the call, alright.
          thanks Fish
          it looks like from the blurb the author/s are going to lay out that they think its by the same hand as the ripper.

I guess the question is-are they going to name and individual?

does anyone know?

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Debra A View Post

hi Debs
            Thanks-heres hoping that ship sails back! : )

im still wondering also if Fish and or ed stow also have one in the works?
            Fish?

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Pre-ordered myself a copy. Hope it's well-researched and the next best thing to Ms Arif writing it.

Comment

Abby,

Talking to Ed recently, he says he is working on it, it may just take time I guess, which i fully understand.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                  Abby,

Talking to Ed recently, he says he is working on it, it may just take time I guess, which i fully understand.

Steve
                  Thanks El

so I take it Eds book will be that the torso murders and ripper murders were by the same man who is lech?

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Thanks El

so I take it Eds book will be that the torso murders and ripper murders were by the same man who is lech?
                    If Lechmere is fingered as both the ripper and the torso killer I will not be buying the book because as I've said before Lechmere was a witness and is a terrible suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                      If Lechmere is fingered as both the ripper and the torso killer I will not be buying the book because as I've said before Lechmere was a witness and is a terrible suspect.
                      Oh do shut up wheat. This thread isnt the place for it.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Oh do shut up wheat. This thread isnt the place for it.
                        Shut up yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                          Good thinking! Why wait to see how such a thing is built under? No, just decide that regardless of the evidence, it MUST be wrong if Lechmere is pointed out as the killer.

Itīs always nice to see an application of unbiased and clear thinking.

Comment

I agree with Fisherman here.

I have issues with the candidature of Cross/Lechmere as the Whitechapel killer, but I also have in my head the old quote, "When the circumstances change I change my mind".

Let's wait and see what the book says, the evidence presented and the response to the many objections re Lechmere/ Cross as the killer, and then we can debate the issue fully.

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
                              I agree with Fisherman here.

I have issues with the candidature of Cross/Lechmere as the Whitechapel killer, but I also have in my head the old quote, "When the circumstances change I change my mind".

Let's wait and see what the book says, the evidence presented and the response to the many objections re Lechmere/ Cross as the killer, and then we can debate the issue fully.
                              Thanks for that. Iīd just like to point out that I do not know how smart a man Drew Gray is. Meaning that I am in no way sure that he favours Lechmere. If I have given the impression that I know, Iīd like to establish that this is not so. I havenīt got the faintest, but it reads to me as if Gray will connect the series and present a suspect. But letīs wait and see!

Comment

From a text by Drew Gray on Mary Kelly and the 130 years that have passed:

"A year after the murders seemed to have ceased although many researchers are far from convinced the killer had stopped with Kelly. My own research suggests he continued into the early 1890s only stopping when his own body succumbed to the disease that killed him."

Apparently, he has somebody else than Lechmere in mind!

Comment

Working...
                                X