Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Memory Of Elisabeth Gustasdottir Stride

I don’t suppose I’ve got long now. The blade went through me so quick. It
    felt so cold against my neck. I wonder if the others felt it so cold when he
    cut them.
    Why didn’t that man help me? I saw him looking but he walked away, so did
    the other one. They just walked away. But that’s our lot round here.
    I never thought he’d get me though, not really. My name will be in all the newspapers
    But I won’t be here to read it. That’s all they’ll see me as one of his victims, another
    “fallen woman”. They’ll say I was stupid to go out on the streets but they don’t understand
    we have to do what we can for money.
    This isn’t how I imagined dying. Always thought it would be quick. I feel like I’ve
    been laying here for hours. I’m cold I bet they’ve a warm fire inside the club. They’ll
    get a right shock when they find me here. If only somebody would come out
    maybe at least they could get me a blanket. They could go for a doctor but I know
    It’s too late. It must be that knife went so deep don’t think even the Queens doctor
    could put me back together. I don’t want to go alone, don’t want his to be the last face I remember.
    I thought I could judge them better than that. He seemed so quiet at first then such
    anger. What did I ever do to him?He was leaning over me
    waving that knife then his face went so white, he ran so fast.
    Why won’t somebody come out of the club? I think my time is coming soon. I can’t feel
    my arms or legs anymore. It’s strange I feel so calm now, peaceful like. I think, yes I can see a light, a bright white light somebody must be coming, maybe they’ll bring me a blanket
Working...
X