Old 12-06-2017, 03:42 PM
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
Did I now? How gracious of me!
I don't think it was very gracious, perhaps we should read the exchange again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman
That is what I interpret as being unfair and misleading. And it all owes to your disability/unwilingness to see beyond the surface.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elamarna
It's inability, not disability by the way. However that assumes you are not saying I am mentally disabled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman
And its upcoming, not up coming by the way...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elarmarna
My typo was auto correct,but still means the same.
Yours involved two different concepts. Inability is not the same as disability. It could be viewed as a very serious offence term. I assumed it was a typo or maybe the fact that English is not your first language.
Why a simple sorry, could not be given rather than that response, I fail to understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman's replies in bold
My typo was auto correct,but still means the same.

Yes, I was just catching onto your funny little game of correcting people, and since autocorrection is something that we can mend, I think the responsibility lies with you anyway. It should make for a grand future if we start adding these things. Good inititiative!

Yours involved two different concepts. Inability is not the same as disability.

Yes, I know that, but since I am not using my native language, I sometimes miss out.

It could be viewed as a very serious offence term. I assumed it was a typo or maybe the fact that English is not your first language.

Correct on the latter score!

Why a simple sorry, could not be given rather than that response, I fail to understand.

It may have something to do with then overall tone of this discussion - of course, I realize that I alone are to blame for it, but nevertheless.
So is that gracious - let alone acknowledgement of your mistake? "I realize that I alone are to blame for it, but nevertheless."

Considering what I interpret as a joking remark to me:

Quote:
I am unable/disabled to see it, but Im sure you can explain.
(emphasis added)

perhaps I was too kind in my initial assesment that you actually acknowledged Elamarna's point.

Relevant? Well, considering your high standards for others, certain proverbs about stones and glass houses or pots and kettles come to mind:
Quote:
I am all for a civilized debate, but I am totally against one where such things are said, and then not retracted. If it had been retracted and if there had been an admittance that it should never have been said in the first place, this thread would have been a mere three posts long:

-That was a dumb thing to say.
-Yes, I know, sorry about that.
-Oh, okay then.

As for my original post:
Quote:
Now, can you tell me what you are trying to say with this?
I don't think it will do much good to try to explain, if you are indeed (somewhat surprisingly) unable to understand my post's relevance, since the quote, in my opinion, speaks for itself.
But in brief: the remark, which you so vehemently perceive as belittling, is in my opinion similar in tone and content to remarks you yourself make about others.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote