No announcement yet.

Historical Xmas present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rarely participate in Pierre threads. But, there's a question that keeps nagging. I have to ask Pierre why he feels compelled to announce that 'something is coming'? Why must there be some lead-up? Why not just post what you think you have and be done with it? Seems rather silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick S View Post
      I rarely participate in Pierre threads. But, there's a question that keeps nagging. I have to ask Pierre why he feels compelled to announce that 'something is coming'? Why must there be some lead-up? Why not just post what you think you have and be done with it? Seems rather silly.
      Self-explanatory, surely? Pierre craves the attention which many Casebookers are all too willing to feed him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
        The writing found on the wall in Goulston Street on the night of the double event 1888 has been the subject for discussion for a long time. During this time it has been misinterpreted and misunderstood.

There has also been a discussion about whether the Whitechapel killer wrote it or not. If he did - why did he write it? What did he want to say?

You will get a small historical Xmas present soon. The present will explain the Goulston Street Graffito.

Regards, Pierre
        make sure you save the receipt
        "Is all that we see or seem
        but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

The writing found on the wall in Goulston Street on the night of the double event 1888 has been the subject for discussion for a long time. During this time it has been misinterpreted and misunderstood.

There has also been a discussion about whether the Whitechapel killer wrote it or not. If he did - why did he write it? What did he want to say?

You will get a small historical Xmas present soon. The present will explain the Goulston Street Graffito.

Regards, Pierre
          For me the translation that makes most sense is one based on the premise that the writer was the killer in Mitre Square, but not in Berner Street. The author believes that Jews are not being held responsible for things they are doing, and suggests that "the Jews are not the men that will not be blamed for nothing.....and "for nothing" equals " for no reason".

Its anti-Semitic, and at the entrance to where 90 plus percent of the population is Immigrant Jew,...so that's why it was ordered erased.
          Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
            For me the translation that makes most sense is one based on the premise that the writer was the killer in Mitre Square, but not in Berner Street. The author believes that Jews are not being held responsible for things they are doing, and suggests that "the Jews are not the men that will not be blamed for nothing.....and "for nothing" equals " for no reason".

Its anti-Semitic, and at the entrance to where 90 plus percent of the population is Immigrant Jew,...so that's why it was ordered erased.
            Agree with your interpretation of its meaning, don't agree that it was left by the killer.

Comment

Regards, Pierre
              And on that Christmas bombshell...!

Comment

Hi,

because I want to prepare the post and think it through.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

QUOTE=Michael W Richards;403662

Hi Michael,

as a matter of fact, there is no data showing us that "the author believes that Jews are not being held responsible for things they are doing".

That postulated "author" has no name, no address and no data which can connect him to the GSG.

But there was someone who produced data showing us that he had a connection to the GSG. It is an interesting connection and it is left in sources from the past to us.

This connection is not a signed letter where someone writes: I wrote the GSG. Why not?

Because if there was such a letter, the author of it would not have written the GSG.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

Regards, Pierre
                    HI Pierre,
                    So we can expect it in the next few days then, as xmas is under a week away.
                    How about tomorrow?

Regards.

Comment

I think I`ve found Pierre`s source...
                      Merry Xmas everybody
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by spyglass View Post
                        HI Pierre,
                        So we can expect it in the next few days then, as xmas is under a week away.
                        How about tomorrow?

Regards.
                        Hi,

It will be on Thursday or Friday.

Kind regards, Pierre

Comment

Hi,

because I want to prepare the post and think it through.

Regards, Pierre
                          I get that. I've done that many times myself. I've just never posted commercials and promos for my upcoming post. I'd say most people here do it much the same way. Prepare the post...think it through.....post it. But, hey. Whatever works for you.

Comment

I get that. I've done that many times myself. I've just never posted commercials and promos for my upcoming post. I'd say most people here do it much the same way. Prepare the post...think it through.....post it. But, hey. Whatever works for you.
                            Hi Patrick,

it is not a "commercial" or a "promo". I have no interest in such things.

It is a source which is important for the case. Therefore, being able to give part of the content in this source to you is important. And therefore I also want this to be a special event.

I do not expect you to be happy when you get it and I do not expect everyone to understand it.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

Hi Patrick,

it is not a "commercial" or a "promo". I have no interest in such things.

It is a source which is important for the case. Therefore, being able to give part of the content in this source to you is important. And therefore I also want this to be a special event.

I do not expect you to be happy when you get it and I do not expect everyone to understand it.

Regards, Pierre
                              Why would I be happy or unhappy? What are my thoughts on the matter? I'm not sure I've given them here. So, fill me in. Do you have some data from the historical sources that reveal what I'll think about it?

You have no interest in promos or commercials....but you "want this to be a special event".....so you post a promo for it. Okay. Well, the historical sources tell me that I am flat our breathless with anticipation, thanks to all the promoting you've done for your 'special event'!

Comment

QUOTE=Michael W Richards;403662

Hi Michael,

as a matter of fact, there is no data showing us that "the author believes that Jews are not being held responsible for things they are doing".

That postulated "author" has no name, no address and no data which can connect him to the GSG.

But there was someone who produced data showing us that he had a connection to the GSG. It is an interesting connection and it is left in sources from the past to us.

This connection is not a signed letter where someone writes: I wrote the GSG. Why not?

Because if there was such a letter, the author of it would not have written the GSG.

Regards, Pierre
                                \
                                Hi Pierre,

I suspect what you mean is a kind of "side-step" effect. Like cops are chasing somebody, pick up a clue (say that apron portion) and a bystander is asked, "Did you happen to see anyone dropped this?", and answers, "Yes, I saw a small man, in a hurry, wearing a trilby hat and he ran north up that block there!" Then, whenever the clue is discussed, it is referred to as "the trilby-hatted man" clue, after what the alleged witness to the running man said he saw. But we don't know if that "witness" was lying or not, nor why he or she said it. The dropped item (or written item) is interesting, but it is the possibility of someone on hand watching and passing it along that concerns us. Something like that?

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                X