No announcement yet.

Why didn't Jack rape his victims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With respect to masturbating at or near the scene, or spontaneously ejaculating while mutiliating, I think this is possible. Lacking any real forensics, trace amounts of semen easily could have been overlooked. To make the point, how could we possibly know if the Eddowes apron - smeared with blood and fecal matter - did not contain semen? There is no way of knowing for sure.

How long is semen detectable? Could its presence be detected on the letters?

Comment

statutory rape

Hello Barnaby.

"How long is semen detectable? Could its presence be detected on the letters?"

Well, I suppose you mean "The Dear Boss" or "The Lusk Letter"? The stain should remain. There is a story that the statue, "Aphrodite of Knidos," was "attacked" by one of the men of the city. He then left "a shameful stain" on it.

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

If Jack was climaxing when he inflicted the mutilations, then he was a sexual athlete for what he did to Mary Kelly. I don't really buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
          To make the point, how could we possibly know if the Eddowes apron - smeared with blood and fecal matter - did not contain semen? There is no way of knowing for sure.
          In some cases we have doctors declaring "no evidence of connection". The existence of semen is the only evidence with which to make that judgement. The police would no doubt be familiar with semen stains on the clothing of a prostitute, but they would have no way of telling from which customer.
          Can you think of a reason for the apron to carry semen stains? From what we read, the common method of "connection" was from the rear, not the front. The apron was open at the rear.

A couple of the victims (Chapman, Stride) had bruises on or just below their clavical (collar bone). Consistent with a male customer standing behind and gripping them tight with their hands, for leverage?
          Finger tip pressure might cause such marks, but not necessarily due to the killer.

Regards, Jon S.
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

To Lynn
            I was assuming Jack would have been close to climax as in all likeliness he got a big sexual thrill from performing the mutilations so masturbating would be just to finish himself off so to speak. Apologies for how bad taste that all sounds.
            John

Comment

Why didn't Jack rape his victims?
              I suspect it's because he wasn't (in the conventional sense, at least) a rapist.

Not every serial killer is a rapist, just as not every rapist is a serial killer.

Regards, Bridewell
              I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Jack and The Torso Killer

To Archaic
                Jack and the Torso Killer are in my opinion two very different killers. Jack being a killer who used a blitz attack to murder his victims followed by mutilating them post death and is in all likeliness from the same class as his victims e.g. from the lower classes whereas the Torso Killer is a killer who murdered his victims as they slept, then dismembered them for the purpose of easy disposal. Also ironically the Torso Killer was probably a man of means and was probably quite close to the stereotypical media portrayal of Jack as a top hated toff.
                Last edited by John Wheat; 04-15-2012, 07:56 PM. Reason: Spelling Mistake

Comment

assumption

Hello John. Not a problem.

Of course, I wonder the warrant for making such an assumption?

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

Possibility

To Lynn
                    I am not saying Jack did masturbate at the crime scene I am merely saying that it is a possibility. He wouldn't be the only serial killer to have masturbated at a crime scene.
                    Regards John

Comment

serial killer

Hello John. Quite true, I'm sure. But that's given that he were, in fact, a serial killer.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

Jack was a Serial Killer

To Lynn
                        As I believe that Jack killed at least three victims I believe he was a serial killer.
                        John.

Comment

criterion

Hello John. Well, if "he" killed three, then "he" certainly was a serial killer.

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

Obviously

Hello Lynn
                            Well yes obviously.
                            John

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                              To Lynn
                              I am not saying Jack did masturbate at the crime scene I am merely saying that it is a possibility. He wouldn't be the only serial killer to have masturbated at a crime scene.
                              Regards John
                              With regards to the first four canonical ones, he didn't have time. It was about 15 min and what he did in those 15 min astounded even the doctor at the inquest, they say they didn't know how he got so much done. One doctor said he couldn't have done the same work in that amount of time, (removing the kidney, etc).

His actual acts of violence possibly satisfied a perverted sexual deviance briefly and reincarnated to that act alone. He was attacking female anatomy. I think he was unable to experience normal sexual responses at all.

Likely a violent schizophrenic.

Comment

Ding Ding

Now Lynn that's naughty, leaving John puzzled like that

As I'm in the bus industry I'll use the terms I'm most familiar with to explain...

Lynn thinks it wasn't a 5 day season - he thinks it's one return and three singles.

Pass RIGHT down the car please....

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X