What an Absolute Cretin...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Specially for you, Michael :

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
      Specially for you, Michael :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMM_TlbOIYk
      Classic. Love Tull.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Can’t say per”son” no more it’s per”child” now.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

As the word GUT might be deemed offensive to overweight people you really should change your name to ABDOMEN

The day is coming GUT
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I'm glad he said it ...

... first chuckle of the day.
            David Wilson Professor of Criminology:
            'Connection, connection, connection. There is no such thing as coincidence when you are dealing with serial killers.'

Comment

I'm on the other side of it.
              When I started work in the late 70's racism was common.
              At times it seemed almost compulsory. You do get sick and tired of hearing it, so, I'm aware that the Lets Get Offended crowd can seem ridiculously sensitive but on the other hand anything that makes people think before opening their disgusting mouths is worthwhile imho.
              What follows from that is debatable. Some say it's better to get it all out in the open, it can be challenged, hearts and minds can be changed.
              I have no faith in that, not only is there ignorance, but certain mind sets actually glory in that ignorance, dismissing dissenters as bleeding heart liberals or the new one, snowflake.
              I have always worked on the assumption they could have their day, theirs could be the power.
              What sort of world would we be living in? I don't have to imagine, neither does anyone else who is even vaguely aware of history.
              Pompous, holier than thou righteousness is irritating granted, but as far as I am concerned it's just part of the refusal to give an inch to these vicious swines.

Comment

The problem for me Martin (or one of them) is that introducing new words or phrases won’t help one iota toward stamping out racism or sexism. All it achieves is to make those whose intentions are often good seem ridiculous. No misogynistic wife-beater is going to be deterred by employing words like ‘humankind.’ No thug who likes nothing better than a spot of gay-bashing is going to have his behaviour modified by using gender-neutral words. I honestly can see no benefit in these initiatives. They are the equivalent of fingers in the ears.
                I certainly don’t have the answers Martin but I do feel that some of these new ideas have become ‘jokes.’ This is more likely to set any worthy cause back rather than make any improvements.
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

It’s also particularly annoying in these times because it’s a favorite tactic of con men and corrupt politicians. Speak fair, but act foul.
                  Got a lot of that going on in the states now.
                  "Is all that we see or seem
                  but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                  quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Hi Herlock.
                    I agree with much of what you say. My experience was racist and sexist comments were the norm and perfectly acceptable. In fact I was the oddball.
                    It didn't define them, one of the worst offenders was a bloke who would walk 10 miles to give you his last penny.
                    Still, I would have preferred not to hear it.
                    All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                      The problem for me Martin (or one of them) is that introducing new words or phrases won’t help one iota toward stamping out racism or sexism. All it achieves is to make those whose intentions are often good seem ridiculous. No misogynistic wife-beater is going to be deterred by employing words like ‘humankind.’ No thug who likes nothing better than a spot of gay-bashing is going to have his behaviour modified by using gender-neutral words. I honestly can see no benefit in these initiatives. They are the equivalent of fingers in the ears.
                      I certainly don’t have the answers Martin but I do feel that some of these new ideas have become ‘jokes.’ This is more likely to set any worthy cause back rather than make any improvements.
                      Not to mention it often has the opposite effect...so many people I know and have known my entire life, who were always liberal and now swinging right because of this "Social Justice Warrior" mentality....because it's not about acceptance and tolerance, it's about total intolerance...they have this " agree with me or you are 100% wrong" attitude towards everything...they lost the ability to discuss things rationally....on college campus's across America if a speaker is booked who any SJW (social justice warrior) disagrees with... for any reason... it becomes a full protest, not allowing any different opinions near them...cutting them selves off from any differing view...and I don't mean not allowing obviously terrible groups on campus... that should be stopped....but they are blocking comedians who may have a joke that offends them... or a writer who defends an issue they may not like...or any other non issues... college is where you are suppose to be exposed to different thoughts and ideas and learn to debate and discuss and sometimes even... GASP.. learn from them...but now it is simply about affirmation, nothing more nothing less...professors claiming gender is nothing more than a social construct....and if you disagree... somehow that makes you "transphobic" or "homophobic".and all around vile human.. why? if anything it should make you "genderphobic" hahaha....I know a sociology professor who had his job threatened because a student complained to the administration about him, the complaint... he wouldn't refer to the student and a "non-binary unicorn".. I am not making this up... the student claimed because he identified as a "non-binary unicorn" if the professor did not only accept this "fact" but also treat them as such.. that this said teacher is and I quote "transphobic" ...WHAT!!!!!!! the sad thing is.. they threatened his job if he did not comply....this is where we are at....and that is why I can't agree with you Martin....I am not sure how The UK has become or the rest of Europe..but this is becoming the norm in the United States..

Steadmund Brand
                      Last edited by Steadmund Brand; 02-16-2018, 06:20 AM.
                      "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Well, I have decided to self-identify as a binary number and I want all non-binary numbers scrapped.

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                          Not to mention it often has the opposite effect...so many people I know and have known my entire life, who were always liberal and now swinging right because of this "Social Justice Warrior" mentality....because it's not about acceptance and tolerance, it's about total intolerance...they have this " agree with me or you are 100% wrong" attitude towards everything...they lost the ability to discuss things rationally....on college campus's across America if a speaker is booked who any SJW (social justice warrior) disagrees with... for any reason... it becomes a full protest, not allowing any different opinions near them...cutting them selves off from any differing view...and I don't mean not allowing obviously terrible groups on campus... that should be stopped....but they are blocking comedians who may have a joke that offends them... or a writer who defends an issue they may not like...or any other non issues... college is where you are suppose to be exposed to different thoughts and ideas and learn to debate and discuss and sometimes even... GASP.. learn from them...but now it is simply about affirmation, nothing more nothing less...professors claiming gender is nothing more than a social construct....and if you disagree... somehow that makes you "transphobic" or "homophobic".and all around vile human.. why? if anything it should make you "genderphobic" hahaha....I know a sociology professor who had his job threatened because a student complained to the administration about him, the complaint... he wouldn't refer to the student and a "non-binary unicorn".. I am not making this up... the student claimed because he identified as a "non-binary unicorn" if the professor did not only accept this "fact" but also treat them as such.. that this said teacher is and I quote "transphobic" ...WHAT!!!!!!! the sad thing is.. they threatened his job if he did not comply....this is where we are at....and that is why I can't agree with you Martin....I am not sure how The UK has become or the rest of Europe..but this is becoming the norm in the United States..

Steadmund Brand
                          I think that it’s been going that way over here for quite some time Stead. Older people (I’m 52) are starting to feel more than slightly embarrassed about how the so-called left is developing. Everything is ‘easy option.’ Not offending, or annoying let alone disagreeing with people is seen as a priority over actually tackling an issue.
                          Why doesn’t this ‘non-binary unicorn’ story surprise me too much? The student should have been threatened with being kicked out if he didn’t grow up. This ‘gender’ stuff is way past insane. In fact it’s pretty scary in a way. Where will it end? Will we end up with a society that’s so sterile and ‘neutral’ that debate is a thing of the past. Where people burst into tears when someone expresses a contrary opinion, or someone is told that they are wrong.
                          I recall a while ago here where one of our top universities had a Muslim speaker and the university agreed to separate seating for male and female students for the duration of the lecture and the students meekly agreed. Why didn’t someone stand up and say ‘no way?’ This isn’t a Muslim country so why should we have to change our rules to suit a visitor? You just know that many so-called ‘liberals’ would have accused that person of ‘Islamophobia’ ( a made up illness.)
                          I genuinly don’t think that the young realise how important freedom of speech and freedom of thought is. It’s a pity that they don’t spend more of their time ‘fighting’ for these causes. Causes that people died for so that we can benefit from them. Instead they waste everyone’s time on meaningless, vacuous drivel like these endless ‘phobias’ that they keep inventing.
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Well, I have decided to self-identify as a binary number and I want all non-binary numbers scrapped.
                            I’ll see what I can do Robert
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I self identify as kate uptons vibrator and she better start using me or I’ll sue, I swear I’ll sue!!!

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                                I think that it’s been going that way over here for quite some time Stead. Older people (I’m 52) are starting to feel more than slightly embarrassed about how the so-called left is developing. Everything is ‘easy option.’ Not offending, or annoying let alone disagreeing with people is seen as a priority over actually tackling an issue.
                                Why doesn’t this ‘non-binary unicorn’ story surprise me too much? The student should have been threatened with being kicked out if he didn’t grow up. This ‘gender’ stuff is way past insane. In fact it’s pretty scary in a way. Where will it end? Will we end up with a society that’s so sterile and ‘neutral’ that debate is a thing of the past. Where people burst into tears when someone expresses a contrary opinion, or someone is told that they are wrong.
                                I recall a while ago here where one of our top universities had a Muslim speaker and the university agreed to separate seating for male and female students for the duration of the lecture and the students meekly agreed. Why didn’t someone stand up and say ‘no way?’ This isn’t a Muslim country so why should we have to change our rules to suit a visitor? You just know that many so-called ‘liberals’ would have accused that person of ‘Islamophobia’ ( a made up illness.)
                                I genuinly don’t think that the young realise how important freedom of speech and freedom of thought is. It’s a pity that they don’t spend more of their time ‘fighting’ for these causes. Causes that people died for so that we can benefit from them. Instead they waste everyone’s time on meaningless, vacuous drivel like these endless ‘phobias’ that they keep inventing.
                                One of the first classes I took in colllege was a freshmen survey class on politics and it took me about a week to realize the professor was a communist. I mean a real one. We even had to buy his book as the text book. It was all about group theory bs and the fallacies of democracy. I withdrew, but it was a required course for freshmen and there was over a hundred students, most naively thought that this guy was teaching facts, like we were used to in high school.

Unbelievable this and the like goes on in colleges.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Working...
                                X