Bob Woffinden has died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moste View Post
    Hi SH . As time goes by, hopefully there is someone who had been close to Bob,
    may be capable enough to continue on with his project, and complete his endeavours of a follow up book. A book I might add held as mere fantasy, by the doubters of Hanratty’s innocence.
    Hi Moste,

Michael thinks this planned update of Bobs would have covered the DNA aspects of the case. Bob was utterly convinced of Jimmy Hanrattys innocence and when he last bumped into Michael socially [I think at Bindmans] he grabbed hold of Michaels arm and said "Im going to prove your brother was completely innocent of the A6 murder."

PS. Sorry about any missing apostrophes, that particular key on my laptop no longer works.
    "A body of men, HOLDING THEMSELVES ACCOUNTABLE TO NOBODY, ought not to be trusted by anybody." --Thomas Paine ["Rights of Man"]

"Justice is an ideal which transcends the expedience of the State, or the sensitivities of Government officials, or private individuals. IT HAS TO BE PURSUED WHATEVER THE COST IN PEACE OF MIND TO THOSE CONCERNED." --'Justice of the Peace' [July 12th 1975]

Comment

Interesting. Thanks for that S H.

Comment

Michael thinks this planned update of Bobs would have covered the DNA aspects of the case.
        But does any DNA evidence still exist? As his book was first published in 1997, surely if Bob was seriously interested in pursuing the DNA aspects of the case, he'd have done it by now rather than let it go cold - which it has done.

So when was this meeting at Bindman's? Do you know?

Graham
        We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
          But does any DNA evidence still exist? As his book was first published in 1997, surely if Bob was seriously interested in pursuing the DNA aspects of the case, he'd have done it by now rather than let it go cold - which it has done.

So when was this meeting at Bindman's? Do you know?

Graham
          I don’t believe DNA evidence ever existed. The powers that be,spent an inaudinate amount of time money and effort to finally get this monkey off their backs that was the Hanratty innocence truth.
          For Bob Woffinden to make such a profound statement to Michael,he had to know something seriously important that has yet to raise its head.
          That something I would proffer would almost certainly be ,the DNA issue.
          My understanding,of DNA.regarding the sensitivity of the stuff, and the requirements governing the handling,protection, and storing of same, is such that I for one( and probably Woffinden as another)believe the exhibits that were relied on to produce anything in the form of readable material for DNA matching, would have been completely useless.
          It could well be that Bob finally had proof of this . Can his son take up the campaign ?

Comment

The powers that be,spent an inaudinate amount of time money and effort to finally get this monkey off their backs
            But the Court of Appeal has not shrunk from quashing convictions for people who have been hanged for murder. For example ...

George Kelly
            BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Derek Bentley

Mahmood Mattan

Comment

Originally posted by NickB View Post
              But the Court of Appeal has not shrunk from quashing convictions for people who have been hanged for murder. For example ...

George Kelly
              BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Derek Bentley

Mahmood Mattan
              http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/59551.stm
              Lord Justice Rose, the Vice-President, sitting with Mr Justice Holland and Mr Justice Penry-Davey, We're not sitting in on the Hanratty appeal though we're they? The real truth of Gregstens assassination was never going to be allowed to be made available to the general public, was it?
              Incidentally , some people on this forum,believed Hanratty to be entirely innocent of this crime prior to the dna gong show. Now they tear into every aspect of Hanratty's case screaming guilty at each and every detail of his defence.Reading posters comments from 2008 it's easy to become frustrated by the apparent hypocracy of modern posts!@

Comment

The real truth of Gregstens assassination was never going to be allowed to be made av

The real truth of Gregstens assassination was never going to be allowed to be made available to the general public, was it?
                And the 'real truth' was...............................?

Graham
                We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

And the 'real truth' was...............................?

Graham
                  The 'real truth' was revealed on this forum over two years ago.

Zero forensics found in the back seat of the car.Hair,Fiber,fingerprints,seeds,corn debris, from the field,from a third party.
                  Is it possible that the true story may have involved MG arranging to meet with someone,for purposes that involved skulduggery, at the predetermined location near Clophill? Or alternatively,were the couple on a dummy run ,(the all night runs that Valerie loved so much) for the rally they were planning for the weekend,and possibly followed to that spot in Bedfordshire. If as Det. Super. Mathews suggests,more than one person was involved,the murderer may have been driven there,and left at that lay-by to perform his dastardly deed.After which he drives back eventually to Redbridge,wearing one of the latest plastic boiler suits, complete with rubber buttons,and leaves no, or very little evidence of ever having been in the vehicle,nothing that 1960s forensics would find anyhow.Could MGs brother in law have known of this latest venture at the weekend by the lovers,via his heart throb Janet?
                  All of the above would satisfy (a) why no one saw anyone that night around the corn field (b) why there was no evidence of a third person in the back seat,(c) why no taxi drivers came forward with info.about a fare.(d) Why the people of Dorney were surprised, as were the press, that police presence was very scarce considering this was supposedly the starting point of this crime(locals were not interviewed for some weeks!)(e)how Alphon came into a large sum of money after the murder,could he have been the the shooter, maybe Hanratty the driver to Deadmans hill. And far too many more questions that this scenario would answer,to fit in one post.
                  By the By
                  Did anybody have any comments on the notion that it was an extremely coincidental plan they had come up with, for the following weekends 'particularly arduous 80 mile round trip' through the Chilterns? The Chilterns pass by where I lived in the 90s forming the Dunstable downs, and peter out near Barton-Le- Clay just a couple of miles shy of Clophill. I mean call me suspicious but.....

Comment

The 'real truth' was revealed on this forum over two years ago.
                    Ooh yes, I recall that well, but I was wondering if perhaps Moste had updated his extremely well-thought out and lavishly researched scenario, as I hang on to his every word...................

Graham

Comment

Ooh yes, I recall that well, but I was wondering if perhaps Moste had updated his extremely well-thought out and lavishly researched scenario, as I hang on to his every word...................

Graham
                      Originally Posted by moste View Post
                      Zero forensics found in the back seat of the car.Hair,Fiber,fingerprints,seeds,corn debris, from the field,from a third party.
                      Is it possible that the true story may have involved MG arranging to meet with someone,for purposes that involved skulduggery, at the predetermined location near Clophill? Or alternatively,were the couple on a dummy run ,(the all night runs that Valerie loved so much) for the rally they were planning for the weekend,and possibly followed to that spot in Bedfordshire. If as Det. Super. Mathews suggests,more than one person was involved,the murderer may have been driven there,and left at that lay-by to perform his dastardly deed.After which he drives back eventually to Redbridge,wearing one of the latest plastic boiler suits, complete with rubber buttons,and leaves no, or very little evidence of ever having been in the vehicle,nothing that 1960s forensics would find anyhow.Could MGs brother in law have known of this latest venture at the weekend by the lovers,via his heart throb Janet?
                      All of the above would satisfy (a) why no one saw anyone that night around the corn field (b) why there was no evidence of a third person in the back seat,(c) why no taxi drivers came forward with info.about a fare.(d) Why the people of Dorney were surprised, as were the press, that police presence was very scarce considering this was supposedly the starting point of this crime(locals were not interviewed for some weeks!)(e)how Alphon came into a large sum of money after the murder,could he have been the the shooter, maybe Hanratty the driver to Deadmans hill. And far too many more questions that this scenario would answer,to fit in one post.
                      By the By
                      Did anybody have any comments on the notion that it was an extremely coincidental plan they had come up with, for the following weekends 'particularly arduous 80 mile round trip' through the Chilterns? The Chilterns pass by where I lived in the 90s forming the Dunstable downs, and peter out near Barton-Le- Clay just a couple of miles shy of Clophill. I mean call me suspicious but.....

Awesome ! What a highly possible series of events.

Could be tweeked a trifle, but something along these lines, is what I had in mind.

Comment

For Bob Woffinden to make such a profound statement to Michael,he had to know something seriously important that has yet to raise its head.
                        That something I would proffer would almost certainly be ,the DNA issue.
                        My understanding,of DNA.regarding the sensitivity of the stuff, and the requirements governing the handling,protection, and storing of same, is such that I for one( and probably Woffinden as another)believe the exhibits that were relied on to produce anything in the form of readable material for DNA matching, would have been completely useless.
                        You might find the following youtube link interesting, Moste. Back in 2001, around the time of the alleged d.n.a. findings, Jeremy Paxman devoted about 10/11 minutes of his Newsnight programme interviewing Bob as well as Geoffrey Bindman and Kevin Morris....

Jeremy Paxman interviews Bob Woffinden, Geoffrey Bindman and Kevin Morris with reference to the alleged d.n.a. findings in the A6 murder case.
                        "A body of men, HOLDING THEMSELVES ACCOUNTABLE TO NOBODY, ought not to be trusted by anybody." --Thomas Paine ["Rights of Man"]

"Justice is an ideal which transcends the expedience of the State, or the sensitivities of Government officials, or private individuals. IT HAS TO BE PURSUED WHATEVER THE COST IN PEACE OF MIND TO THOSE CONCERNED." --'Justice of the Peace' [July 12th 1975]

Comment

Zero forensics found in the back seat of the car.
                          See my Post 4926 on the A6 Rebooted thread.

Graham

Comment

Thank you for that Mr. Houses.
                            Bob was quite cautious and restraining of himself I thought ,being in the Hanratty corner , not to overly trash the DNA methods used, the so called defence expert present at the testing,or , that such tiny amounts of material were available whereby an additional test could not be performed.
                            I suppose time was a factor on the show, also he was dealing with people I think he thought didn't have a good handle on the case.Still he got some airtime.

Comment

Thank you for that Mr. Houses.
                              Bob was quite cautious and restraining of himself I thought ,being in the Hanratty corner , not to overly trash the DNA methods used, the so called defence expert present at the testing,or , that such tiny amounts of material were available whereby an additional test could not be performed.
                              I suppose time was a factor on the show, also he was dealing with people I think he thought didn't have a good handle on the case.Still he got some airtime.
                              Bob would have been very very concerned Moste [like any fair-minded person should indeed be] had he lived long enough to read the following link which Michael and Maureen Hanratty brought to my attention a couple of months ago. It had been forwarded to them in an email from their good friend Malachy Muinzer who knew the late Paul Foot well and did some investigative work for him.

It is alleged that a scientist working with the Metropolitan Police did not complete thorough examinations and, in some cases, wrongly informed investigators about the progress of examinations.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherlock Houses View Post
                                Bob would have been very very concerned Moste [like any fair-minded person should indeed be] had he lived long enough to read the following link which Michael and Maureen Hanratty brought to my attention a couple of months ago. It had been forwarded to them in an email from their good friend Malachy Muinzer who knew the late Paul Foot well and did some investigative work for him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...scientist.html
                                Thanks for that. Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
                                X