• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and those little pink and white curly marshmallow things
    best,

claire

Comment

Over the years I have seen and been offered a number of alleged haunted items. These range from teddy bears to dolls, and at one point I was given a OUIJA Board which was allegedly haunted!

The tales around such items can range from mysterious fires being caused by the objectsto things moving in the night. Other activity reported includes positioning of the haunted item by the owner, only to find it moved!

I believe it's all in the mind, if you tell someone something is haunted enough, they start believeing it!

I have a collection of "Dolls" from Horror Movies, including several "Chucky's" from Childs Play, the doll on the bike from "SAW" and more recently a 12" high Slimer from Ghostbusters! There not haunted, but the wife does not like them in the bedroom!

Here is a gallery of alleged haunted dolls!
      Regards Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,
        You count the OUIJA board amongst these items????
        As someone who works in this field,I would have thought that you would have appreciated the full extent of the dangers of using this object,and of dismissing it lightly.
        I am usually not really too much of a serious person,and usually put in something light to go along with anything serious...but on this occassion I have only my serious hat on,so to speak.
        I have seen it used on various occassions,from the time it was sold to the general pubic as a board game in the late 60's.
        ***Please people,DO NOT USE AN OUIJA BOARD.***
        Mike,for once,we disagree.
        On the toys....yes,100%...on the OUIJA...a definite NO.

ANNA.

Comment

Anna, I got rid of the Ouija board, had it burnt!

I have never, and will never use one, and try to discourage people to use them.

Recently I read an article that someone had a "Lilo and Stitch" teddy which was haunted! It was in an issue of Fortean Times, some time ago!
          Regards Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,

The only sensible thing to do with an OUIJA is to burn it.
            Best Regards,

ANNA.x

Comment

As a PS...

Do you remember Fortean TV???.....

Brings to mind the brilliant,Rev.Lionel Fanthorpe....the biker priest.

Sorry,I digress...but who can think of the word fortean without the association to the rev.

Been ill lately,but is on the mend.

Comment

Father Lionel Fanthorpe! He did a song at the end of every show!

He and his wife have wrote several books, the most popular being on the Rennes Le Chateux mystery.

I wonder if we will see Eddowes and Chapman dolls at some point!
                Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                  Over the years I have seen and been offered a number of alleged haunted items. These range from teddy bears to dolls, and at one point I was given a OUIJA Board which was allegedly haunted!

The tales around such items can range from mysterious fires being caused by the objectsto things moving in the night. Other activity reported includes positioning of the haunted item by the owner, only to find it moved!

I believe it's all in the mind, if you tell someone something is haunted enough, they start believeing it!

I have a collection of "Dolls" from Horror Movies, including several "Chucky's" from Childs Play, the doll on the bike from "SAW" and more recently a 12" high Slimer from Ghostbusters! There not haunted, but the wife does not like them in the bedroom!

Here is a gallery of alleged haunted dolls!
                  http://www.hauntedamericatours.com/m...UNTEDDOLLS.htm
                  I love Chucky Where did you get him in doll form I'd love a Chucky(non possesed preferably )

I saw a programme with Derren Brown "explaining" how people make Ouija Boards work but they still give me the creeps

Comment

Hi Belinda, The first ever Chucky Doll I bought was from Forbidden Planet, but I had to sit it next to me on the bus, which scared a couple of kids so I now shop online. Here are a selection that Amazon has to offer,

The thing that you must remember with Ouija boards, glass divination, table tipping etc is that the human element plays a big part, and becuase of this it is inadmissable as evidence as the paranormal. Although people don't set out to move the glass/pointer or planchette, sub-concious movement can cause it to move.

Then you have a group of people convinced it's moving!
                    Regards Mike

Comment

God yes he was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!! as a biker at the time I thought here comes the true religion!!!! As to Ouija boards OK we've all done it but at the ends of the day it's 'The lowest form of contact' after all isn't it

Suz xxxx
                      'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Dear God I hope not Mike!
                        Mind you I was inspired to head for the sweetshop and start on Hanbury St I

He he ( )
                        'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                          Hi Belinda, The first ever Chucky Doll I bought was from Forbidden Planet, but I had to sit it next to me on the bus, which scared a couple of kids so I now shop online. Here are a selection that Amazon has to offer,

The thing that you must remember with Ouija boards, glass divination, table tipping etc is that the human element plays a big part, and becuase of this it is inadmissable as evidence as the paranormal. Although people don't set out to move the glass/pointer or planchette, sub-concious movement can cause it to move.

Then you have a group of people convinced it's moving!
                          I'd love to have seen you and Chucky sitting together on a Bus Says she who has a Chucky fixation

Off to check out Chuckys

Comment

Hello you all!

Does anyone know, where to buy mr. Carpenter's Halloween masks?!

All the best
                            Jukka

(PS. Yes, Claire, this is probably the Finnish Gothic Humour!)
                            "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

I know Lionel a bit. I've booked him to speak at The Ghost Club a couple of times and I did a TV show with him once. He's a really lovely guy, just as he seems on TV. Such a good and affable speaker. Patricia's lovely too, but she acts as his agent and you can never speak to Lionel if you phone. Money arranged with Patricia, speaky with Lionel later!!!

PHILIP
                              Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Jukka
                                I have a Michael Myers Mask that I purchased back in 1999 for £30! It was bought at a shop in Hull which sadly no longer exsists! I wore it last Halloween to go to the local chinese takeaway for bottles of pop for the little halloween kids! Our street has several parents on lookout, whilst the kids enjoy the night. I am like a big kid, but look out for the kids, so when yobs come around, I stand and stare until they move on!

Take a look here:

Philip, you are a lucky man, Lionel seem's very nice, and I would love to do a duet someday!
                                Regards Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X